Afraid of the truth.

Love Isn't Cruel *Sequel*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren’t you guys going to say something?”

Jessica look at both of them. Hyun Joong turns to Jessica then to So Min who still fix her eyes on her feet. Hyun Joong quickly glance away and takes a breath.

“God! Stop acting like kids can you guys?”

Jessica stomps her feet and walk away from them leaving So Min and Hyun Joong having their time alone.

“Tug of war, back and forth.”

Hyun Joong turns to her as she opens .

“We keep on pulling and letting go the ropes between us. At first we were all okay then we starts to fight then we’re okay back then we fight again.”

“Let’s be honest here.”

Hyun Joong turns his fully body infront of her and make his steps further. So Min looks up wondering what’s he going to do.

“Just, investigate this whole thing then we fix our relationship. If these thing leads us to divorce, then I have to let go of you.”

“For the sake of Min Ki’s life, I didn’t want a divorce.”

“What do you mean? Isn’t that what you always want, So Min?”

“Not this time. Nothing can tear us apart but only death.”

Hyun Joong gulp his saliva nervously as he was not expecting that kind of answers.

“Please, So Min. I’m tired of all of these. Don’t you think its time for us to let go of each other? I mean, look at you. Look at me. I can’t remember you completely. And you keep on falling asleep in tears all night for not being good enough. You just have to stop tring.”

“Wait, what?”

“What---?

“You knew I was crying?”

Hyun Joong scratch behind his neck.

“Well, yeah?”

Silence between them for seconds.

“You’re right. I was trying so hard. So hard till I thought of dying. But I didn’t. Because I love you so much and it hurts.”

“IT HURTS ME TOO.”

In a high pith Hyun Joong reply.

“Just don’t give up yet, please.”

So Min holds his warm hands. She make it through his fingers gap. Hyun Joong catch her actions and hold onto her cold hands too.

“How can I not think of giving up when you’re hurting more than I do? I am so afraid So Min. So afraid that you give up yourself and leave me alone. I don’t know why and I think I shouldn’t have say these but to make it clear, deep down there’s you.”

So Min breaks into tears and couldn’t help it, she instantly hugs him sorrowly and buried her face on his chest. She takes a deep breath and starts to mourn the tears. She raise her left hand and starts to beat his chest.

“Bad.”

She says as she keeps on hitting.

“So bad! I feels like I’m going to die because of you.”

Hyun Joong quickly grabs her small hands and she stops hitting. All the memories that she had with him starts to flashback. From the time that they met, till they got married, and have a baby. It was all so sweet and so happy moment in her life. But right then her imaginations starts to turns into a dark pace and she could see that Hye Jin is trying to kill Min Ki. So Min close her eyes tight and push Hyun Joong away making him gasp in shock and confuse. So Min looks at him and wipe her tears.

“What’s wrong?”

She looks around.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Hyun Joong tries to calm her down by brushing down her shoulders to the tips of her wrist but quickly she push it away.

“No. Not now.”

So Min walks away leaving him standing there in confusion. When she reach to the gate, she looks behind, and directly goes straight to Jessica’s car.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hyun Joong stares at playful Min Ki inside the cradle. Sometimes he would smile at Min Ki’s little laugh and then went straight throwing his view outside the big glass window looking up the black night sky wondering why isn’t the stars shone that night. He sigh for several times and leans his head on the window. He let out his breath and there’s and oxygen of him on the window. He draws a love and then wipe it quickly. Maybe he’s missing someone, someone that he thought was there beside him but indeed its just and imaginations. He turns his body around and look the whole room. Then he heard a soft ringing.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Hye Jin-ah.”

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter