Disease

Love Isn't Cruel *Sequel*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHAT!?"

Both Jessica and Hyun Woo says half yell and everybody's attention goes to them. Hyun Joong was drinking a plain water and got choked because of their reaction. Doctor Shin quickly pass him a tissue and pat on his back.

"Guys, take it easy!"

Doctor Kang warned them. 

"You must be joking right?"

Hyun Woo ask while grabbing Hyun Joong's left hands. Hyun Joong coughs and cup his mouth with his right hand. Jessica remain silent and wait for him to reply.

"Death is not some kind of joke, Hyun Woo."

Doctor Kang says and sigh.

"Noona, you knew about all of this?"

"I'm his doctor. Of course I know."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because Hyun Joong is my patient. Why must I tell about my patient to you?"

"But he's my friend!"

Doctor Kang wanted to reply him back but Hyun Joong stop her.

"No one knows. Not even So Min."

Jessica eyes starts to shed. She brings her palm and cup . Hyun Joong look at her.

"I'm sorry. It's just too heartbreaking to tell her my condition. Enough when I lost my memory. But this, no."

Hyun Woo looks and Jessica and grab her hands.

"What are you going to do? Just keep this from her? Till when?"

Hyun Joong stares down. Thinking about his questions.

"I.. i don't know--"

"How serious is your illness?"

Jessica cut him before her could finish his answers. Hyun Joong look at her then he look at Doctor Kang.

"Middle of stage 2."

Doctor Kang reply and look at Hyun Joong.

"It.. is.. serious.."

Hyun Woo mumble between his breath.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? Why? You know I can't let you go through this all alone. You know if I'm not there when you need someone, it makes me the baddest person in the world. You know that?"

Hyun Woo says as he look deepyly in Hyun Joong's eyes. He can't believe that Hyun Joong kept this away from him. He knew Hyun Joong is suffering. He knew it hurts, a lot. But the most painful is, knowing that when Hyun Joong is in pain he got no one to turn to. No one.

"Look, I'm sorry. Okay?"

Hyun Joong tried to make things un-intense. 

"Stupid. Son of . You know how hurt I am knowing all of this after what you've been through?"

Hyun Woo starts to sob hard. Lastly, his man tears came out. Doctor Kang chuckle.

"Yah, stop crying. Everybody is looking!"

Doctor Kang demand Hyun Woo to stop. Hyun Woo who is sitting just beside Hyun Joong on the round table, quickly grab his shoulder and cries between the hugs.

"Don't do this again. Stupid son of . If you in pain, just tell me. I'll be there."

Hyun Woo sob hard making Hyun Joong wanna laugh his heart out.

"Yah yah yah! Stop it. Come, stop it."

Hyun Joong hold his shoulder and untie the hug.

"I will not scared you. No more."

Hyun Joong smile and then he let out a big laugh. Hyun Woo slowly wipes away his tears. Then he look at Jessica.

"Why are you crying harder than me?"

Jessica says making the dork face. All of them laugh out loud.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ahjumma.."

Jessica hold the old lady hands slowly and softly after seeing the old lady opens her eyes.

"Son.."

The first word that comes out from . Jessica look at Hyun Woo who's standing beside her.

"Eommoni.."

The old lady look at Jessica. 

"Where am I?"

She talks in shutter and tries to get up.

"Eommoni, you have to lay down. The doctor said that you're having a cold fever."

"No, I have to find my son."

"Emmoni.. You have to rest first. After that we go find your son, okay?"

Hyun Woo says tried to calm her down. She look at Hyun Woo, deeply. The way she look at him, makes him feel the softness of mother. A look and stare by a mother that he miss. A long time ago. Slowly he sits beside her on the bed and grab her cold hands.

"Is it okay we call you eommoni?"

Jessica ask looking at the old lady. The old lady smile while looking at her and then she look at Hyun Woo's hand who was holding her hands all the time.

"What's your name?"

The old lady ask Hyun Woo.

"Hyun Woo. Kang Hyun Woo, eommoni."

He replied with a smile on the back.

"And you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter