Helping

Love Isn't Cruel *Sequel*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahjumma, this is your room."

Jessica says as she open the door. The old lady comes in and her eyes keep wanders around. Both of them step inside. Jessica opens the curtains and the old lady sits on the bed.

"If you need anything, you can call me. I'm outside."

Jessica says as she turns towards her and stand beside. She form a sweet smile. Slowly, the old lady look up and pull her bandage hands makinf her sit on the bed.

"You said you wanted to call me eommoni."

Jessica giggles whisperly. 

"Ne, eommoni."

Then the old lady takes her hand and put closer to her.

"Forgive for my behaviour. I couldn't control myself. Please, forgive me."

Her eyes widen seeing she's apologizing.

"Eommoni, it's okay. I understand. Take it easy, besides, I'm fine now."

She smile.

"I won't be long here. I will go back to my house, soon."

"You can stay here as long as you want. But before that, do you actually need.. help?"

The old lady pull her hands off Jessica. 

"Can you help this old lady fight for justice for her own son?"

Jessica hesistate to say.

"What kind of justice? Tell me."

Hyun Woo says infront of the door. Both of them look at him. The old lady take a deep breath and exhale.

"My son got employed under Sakura Trading as a contracter shipping building. He told me that it's dangerous to work there as the building was near to some of chemical product. But he told me not to worry because the company gonna take full of responsible on harm."

Her eyes starts to shed. She continues her words in shutter.

"The gas leak, that night. My son had a night shift that day. There are about three people who got the effection. My son was one of it. The two of them still recovering at the hospital. But my son.. he died on spot."

Jessica hold her hands trying to cal her down. The old lady shove her head towards Jessica.

"They lied. They said that they will take full responsible, but when my son died, they just act like nothing happen. They twist the story and contract. They even beat me up and throw me out of my house when I keep bragging about my son death. I've make a police report, but they said that I was creating stories up."

Jessica wipe the old lady tears. 

"Sakura Trading?"

The old lady nods replying to Hyun Woo's question.

I heard from his collegues that the chemical product is illegally produce. And very dangerous."

Hyun Woo take a deep breath. 

"I can't believe there's still this kind of people in this world."

Hyun Woo mumble between his frustrations. 

"We'll help you."

Jessica all of sudden says that with confidents making the old lady surprise.

"I'll help you. I can't stand seeing people being against like this. I'm a human too. What you've been through is too much for me."

The old lady sobs. She hold Jessica's hand tightly. Hyun Woo narrows his eyes in confusion. 

"Thank you..!"

The old lady touch her cheeks and smile.

Hyun Woo approach her and grab her wrist and drag her outside. He close the door behind. 

"How are we suppose to help? We don't have any prove about this!"

Hyun Woo says looking at her in frust.

"I'm a reporter. I can research about this."

"You know Sakura Trading is very powerful business in Korea. Look, maybe she just bring this up..!"

Jessica hiss.

"Yah! Who insist to help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter