Jessica Knows?

Love Isn't Cruel *Sequel*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jessica, are you free tonight?"

He put his phone on his shoulder while his head prevent it from faliing down as he was busy preparing dinner.

"I'm free at 8. Why?"

"I've got to go somewhere tonight. Can you please take care of So Min? My mother is not here as she's in Busan visiting our relatives there. Kang So Ra is working tonight. Pretty please?"

She giggle on the side of the phone. Hyun Joong was mixing up the salad in the bowl and stop when he hears her giggle.

"Why? Is anything wrong?"

"It's nothing. But sounds like you don't want me to take care of her. It's like you don't trust me. Come on Hyun Joong, of course I can take care of her. Stop doubting, arasso? I can take care of her better than you did."

Jessica laugh through her jokes. Hyun Joong laugh as well and lean his against the kitchen counter.

"Whatever. But please hurry if you can, arasso? I'll be leaving at 7."

"Arasso, arasso! Don't worry. I'll just have to buy some food for Hyun Woo then I'll drop by your house."

"Okay! Thank you Jessi."

Both of them hung up. Hyun Joong set up the table to and food. He didn't want So Min to trouble herself finding foods for dinner. Then he take off his apron and draw his path towards their bedroom. Slowly, he open the door not to wake So Min up. He took his towel and take a bath. Soon, after he wash up, he open the cupboards sliding door properly not to make a sound. He chose to be simple as he take out a black skinny jeans, blue light shirt, cardigan and last, his hoodie. He get dress and kiss her wife by the forehead before he leaves.

He starts his car and press on the accelerate with his favorite sneakers. He drove off from the mansion when it's almost 7.

Soon as he arrives, he gives his car key to the workers. Then he walk into the hotel anxiously. It's such a long time since he last felt this uneasy feelings. Once he step on the cafeteria floor, the waiters show him the direction of where he shoud sit. There, he sees a woman sitting facing her back. She was wearing a black grey simple coat but still have the ellegance in it. He took a a deep breath before he sits. 

"Sorry I'm late."

He sat while flipping his hair a bit. 

"It's okay. I'm the one who's early."

He lean himself back and put his both palm on his thighs. After a few seconds of silence, she spoke up. 

"You're doing well. I thought I never see you again."

"Yeah, and I really hope that I wouldn't see you again."

"Please Hyun Joong, forget the past. I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry. You.. You just leave me without saying a word. You didn't tell me what happen to you. You know I how much I love you right? You know that someday I'll marry you right? I hope that you are my last."

"You-- You still love me?"

His eyes widen. Him, himself shock by what he said. He didn't meant to say those kind of thing. It's just the anger and grudge that Hye Jin had cause him to suffer.

"No."

"Oh please Hyun Joong. I knw you are. Just tell me the truth."

She plead him to tell her the truth. Eyes starts to form. Hyun Joong form his palm into a rock trying to hold back his anger.

"It's a lie if I don't love you anymore. You are my first. Yes, I do. But I can move on. I have my wife and she's my last."

"Don't be so sure."

He look down trying to arrange his words.

"And why are you so sure that I will come back to you? You left me, and it's good because I don't have to ask for a breakup with you. I hope you'll leave me alone."

Hye Jin wipe her tears away. Then she grab the wine and drink it continuosly. Hyun Joong wanted to stop her, but he can't. He keep on staring at her craziness motions. After she swallow another drink, she put down the glass and it made a sound. Hyun Joong startled.

"I know you still love me."

"No, Hye Jin. No."

"Yes you are!"

She take the glass and pour the wine again. She ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter