Chapter 52

As Long As We Are Still Together

-Your POV-

Finally the day of the operation is coming. I was getting ready before I can proceed to the operation. The staff nurses already push umma and Jae Kyung to the operation theatre. I'm taking anesthetics drug to be injected to umma and Jae Kyung so that they will be unconscious and does not realize what is going on during the operation. Once I record the drug already spread to the whole body. I'm doing first surgery towards my sister, Jae Kyung. I have to take the potential kidney that are suitable for umma. It took me 3 hours to do so. Once I done with Jae Kyung, I sew the open wound and proceed to umma. I do the kidney transplant to umma by removing the damage kidney organ to be replace with Jae Kyung's. It also took me almost 3 hours to be done. I'm doing the last procedure by sewing the open wound on umma. I'm success with this operations too. Now umma and Jae Kyung were transfer to the after operation ward so that it will easy for me to observe each of them. 

"Congratulations Dr. Jung Jae Hyun by successful conducting operations for today." Seung Ah said that to me. 

"Thank you Dr. Seung Ah. After this we have to observe each of them. I'm scared that the new kidney will have the side effect to umma." I said that to her. 

"We have to stay positive Hyunnie. We need to always pray to God that everything is gonna be okay like usual and umma can accept the fact that Jae Kyung is the one who willing to do everything." Seung Ah said that to me.

"We will reveal who is the kidney donator to umma. After I already promise to her and I scared what will umma reaction after knowing about that." I said that to Seung Ah.

"I hope the good upcoming after this." Seung Ah said that to me.

Both of us make our way back to our office to finish up the surgery report that to be send. Once I done with the report, I need to complete my daily reports towards the patients under my observation. I already decide to stay at my hospital office to settle all my works. I also need to observe umma and Jae Kyung after operation. I called my husband to inform him that I will not home for tonight.

"Hello jagiya." Daehyun, my husband said that to me through the line once he answers my call.

"Oppa, I will not home tonight because I still have a lot of works and I need to do some further observation towards umma and Jae Kyung who just done facing the operation today." I said that to him which hope that he will understand about my work.

"If that so, it's okay. I will let you only stay at the hospital for this night. After that I will not let you to stay at the hospital anymore. You still have family to pay attention." Daehyun said that to me. 

"Okay. Thanks for understanding me honey." I said that to him.

"Of course I will understand you. Who else gonna understand my wife carreer huh?" Daehyun said that to me.

"Okay. What our twin doing right now?" I asked Daehyun about our kids.

"They all just watching their favourite cartoon while me lonely right now without my wife sleeping with me tonignt. That's mean I will sleeping with our twin." Daehyun said that to me.

"I'm sorry okay. There is still a lot of works need to be settle." I said that to him.

"Okay but don't overwork. Lately you can get tired easily. I'm worried about you." Daehyun said that to me.

"I will remember that. I need to continue doing my work now." I said that him once I see Seung Ah asked me to check on umma and Jae Kyung. 

"Okay. Take care jagiya. I love you so much. Don't skip dinner okay. I don't want you fall sick like the old times until admitted to the hospital." Daehyun reminds me.

"I remember that. I will eat my dinner and I really love you so much oppa. Take care too and our kids okay. Anything call me immediately." I said that to him.

I heard him understand what I said just now and we ended up our phone call. I take umma's file to jotted down all the observation and what I check on umma in her ward while Seung Ah will observe and check on Jae Kyung in her ward. Once I done checking umma, I sit near umma and caressing umma hair. I already so tired right now and I skip my dinner for the day and without I knowing that I already fall asleep. 

                                                                                                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As the next morning come, I'm awake when the sun shining brightly in umma's ward and I feel that someone caressing my hair. I open my tired eyes slowly and to be adapt with the light shining. I look up and see that umma smiling face who look at me. I smile back to umma and sit properly. I rub my tired eyes. 

"How is it umma? Can feel anything pain towards the surgery part?" I asked umma and starts doing my work for today.

"Still feel pain maybe just yesterday happen to operate." Umma said that to me.

"Okay. I will asked the staff nurses to come and change the wound cover so that there will no bacteria infection on that. Other than that, still feeling any uncomfortable?" I asked umma while jot down some notes.

"So far still can adapt to this new feeling after the operation." Umma said that to me.

"Okay if there is nothing. I will come back for further check up nae umma." I said that to umma.

"Uuhhmm.... Hyunnie." Umma said that to me while grabbing my hands.

"Nae umma, why? Felling uncomfortable?" I asked probably worried about umma.

"May umma know who is the donor for umma's kidney?" Umma asked me about that.

"Later umma will know just need to wait for a while okay. I already promise umma right." I said that to umma.

Umma then let go of my hands and nodded her head understand for what I said to her. I then leave her ward. I then calling staff nurses and asked them to clean umma's wound to be replace with new cover. For Jae Kyung, Seung Ah already asked them to do so. I went back to my office and start doing some reports. I'm still feeling tired after waking up from sleep. I just put my head on my table and without knowing I already in deep sleep. 

                                    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm wake up after feeling someone is waking me up. I try to open my tired eyes and look surrounding me. From what I know that I'm still at my own hospital office. 

"Wake up mommy~." Dayoung said that to me and smiling at me. 

I sit up and rub my really tired eyes. I look back to that young children to confirm that I see my own daughter. 

"Mommy, Dayoung is here." Dayoung said that to me.

"Dayoungie." I said that to Dayoung and calling her to come near me. 

I put Dayoung on my lap and hugging her like a teddy bear. Then, I kiss her on her forehead. 

"Dayoung come here with who?" I asked Dayoung. 

"Who else will bring them here if not me their daddy." Daehyun suddenly said that to me make me looks at him once he enter my office.

"You didn't work today?" I asked him when he sits on the sofa in my office.

"I didn't have anything important today. That's why I decide to come here so that we can have breakfast together. Have you eat your breakfast?" Daehyun said that to me. 

"Actually nope. I didn't eat yet." I simply said that to him. 

"Okay. Go wash yourself first then we eat together." Daehyun said that to me.

Without saying much I bring Dayoung to Daehyun then I went to the washroom nearby my office to wash my face then wiped it with a towel. I went out from the washroom and sit beside Daehyun who already arranged all the food he brings on the coffee table.

"Looks so yummy. I already feeling so hungry just seeing that." I said that to him.

Daehyun hands me my favourite kimchi fried rice. I take that from him and take a spoonful of rice towards my mouth. That's really delicious. I feed Dayoung too. Then, I realize that there is no sight of Daemin, my boy.

"Where is Daemin? I didn't see him yet." I said that to Daehyun.

"Daemin with Seung Ah. Later she will bring him here. Don't worry okay." Daehyun said that to me.

I just asking about Daemin from Daehyun. Daemin enter my office with Seung Ah. Daehyun thanks her and Seung Ah leave my office. Daemin running towards me and hugging me. Daemin kisses me on my cheek and smile at me. We eat together having family time together in my office. Once we done eating, I clean up the messy coffee table. I sit back beside Daehyun.

"What time will you finish your work?" Daehyun asked me.

"After there is no more work. I'm done. But don't know when will to finish it." I said that to Daehyun. 

"I will be here all day waiting for you to be done." Daehyun said that to me.

I look at him and immediately kiss him on his lips before I went back to my table doing my work. I key in all the patient's data and give an update about patients who under my observation. I went out from my office to check on the patients when the time is almost afternoon. I then meet up with pharmacists staff to discuss about medication that are suitable for umma and Jae Kyung. Once we done the discussion, I asked Seung Ah to meet at my office for further discussion. We end up our discussion and Seung Ah leave my office. I keep doing my work without realize that Daehyun is looking at me while our kids is playing with their toys. 

"It's already lunch time. You don't want to eat something for lunch?" Daehyun said that to me.

"I want eat tuna sandwich for lunch. Can you buy that for me?" I said that to him.

"Okay. I will buy that for you. I go buy lunch first. Look at our kids don't too focus doing your work." Daehyun said that to me.

I nodded my head understand to what he said just now. I stop doing my work and look at my kids with Daehyun. I went to them and accompany them playing with their toy. About 30 minutes, Daehyun comeback with our food for lunch. He hands me my tuna sandwich. Without waiting I already take a bite on that. I thank Daehyun for buying me that.

"You really want to eat that huh?" Daehyun asked me when he also eat bibimbap for lunch. 

"Yup! I really want this. Thank you oppa." I said that to him and kiss him on his cheek.

"Seeing you like this. You already craving like pregnant mother. Want to eat what they want. Hhmm... Are you pregnant honey?" Daehyun said that to me and making jokes to me. 

"No. I didn't pregnant. I feel like usual no symptoms for pregnancy. Wae you excited already to a father again?" I said that to him.

"Of course I am. I don't want to miss anything after what I miss it when you pregnant of Daemin and Dayoung. I want to be there." Daehyun said that to me.

I feel guilty and hug him immediately. I'm lucky having a husband like him. I also want him be by my side when I'm pregnant again. I can't wait that moment. We done eating, I continue doing my work and didn't reealize its already night time. I'm done working for today. I look where my husband and kids at. They all sleeping on the sofa with Daemin on top of his daddy and Daehyun hugging Dayoung. I smile seeing that and slowly take my phone to take a picture of them. I tidy my table and went to them who is still sleeping.

"Oppa~ wake up." I said that to Daehyun. 

Daehyun rubs his sleepy eyes and look at me.

"Done with work?" Daehyun asked me.

"I'm done. Sorry for making you wait for so long." I said that to him.

Daehyun kisses me and and slowly move Daemin from his top. I put both of them on each side of my lap. Daehyun went to washroom to wash his face. Once he done, he carry Daemin and I carry Dayoung who already awake but still feeling sleepy. I close my office door and bit goodbye towards the staff nurses and the doctors who working night shift and also the doctors who are staying back. I went to see umma to say goodbye and tomorrow I will come checking on umma. After that I'm seeing Jae Kyung and do the same thing. We leave the hospital to the car park. I also seeing Seung Ah with her boyfriend, Dr. Hong Bin from veterinarian hospital. We bit goodbye towards each other. Daemin and Dayoung sit at the back and I sit in front beside passenger seat after I buckle the seatbelt towards them. Daehyun drives leaving the hospital area. Daehyun asked me what to eat and our kids want McDonald's. We drive thru and Daehyun order that for us. I hold the meal and the drinks. Daemin and Dayoung already take their drinks. I told them to be careful. I thought that Daehyun will drive straight home but he stops at Han River Park. 

"Why we stop here?" I asked him.

"I feel like very long time didn't come here. I feel want to come here so that we can enjoy our meal for dinner too. Wae you don't want?" Daehyun said that to me and asked me.

"I like to be here why I don't want to come. Come Daemin and Dayoung we are here." I said that to them.

I hold Dayoung and Daemin hands so that they will not go far from us since there is a lot of people here. Daehyun choose best spot for us to sit and enjoying our time. Daehyun takes our picture altogether. After eat, Daehyun throw the rubbish to the dustbin. Daemin and Dayoung already running and playing with other kids. I already told them to not go too far from me and Daehyun. 

"Still remember all our memory?" Daehyun suddenly said that to me.

"Of course I will remember all those memory. Why?" I asked Daehyun.

"Still remember when your birthday I give you those necklace that you wear right now. You are so blur and like old people keep forgot for what I said." Daehyun said that to me.

"I'm so blur that time because of I'm too enjoy with the calm wind that's why I forgot what is your purpose bringing me here. You know what you give this necklace my late umma expect more than this." I said that to him.

"What late umma expect? I don't know about it." Daehyun said that to me.

"Late umma expect that you will confess your feeling on my birthday but everything is not happen right. That time you didn't have feeling towards me." I said that to him.

"Actually I do have feeling towards you but I'm scared to confess to you." Daehyun said that to me.

"What?! Seriously? I also have that feeling to you and scared to admit that." I said that to him.

"What?! Which mean it we silently falling in love with each other and scared of rejection. Hahaha~ We are so cute and lovely couple." Daehyun said that to me making me laugh along with him.

"Still remember the old couple that assume us that we are couple by giving you those necklace that time?" Daehyun asked me.

"Of course I still remember. You are so bad that time laughing at them for saying that one day we will get married and having kids together. You, Jung Daehyun also said that you don't want to get married with me. See that old couple actually pray for us and you are now my husband." I said that to him.

"Hahaha~ okay okay. That's my fault for laughing to what they said and I want thank them for everything." Daehyun said that to me.

"Why?" I asked him and look at him.

"Because what they said they actually pray for us. We married now and having children together. If they are not pray for us maybe we are not like this." Daehyun said that to me.

"If we meet them, we thank them okay." I said that to him.

"Okay honey." Daehyun said that to me.

"This place also remind me when I try to stand up after what happen between us in the past." I suddenly said that to him.

"Honey please don't talk about the past okay. We already promise to not talk about it again." Daehyun said that to me. 

I didn't say anything and give a hug to my beloved husband. I'm already happy right now and I don't want to spoil any happy mood. I really love how the way I am right now. I silently pray for my late umma and appa to approve to them that I'm happy right now with my own family. 

___________________________________________________________________

Annyeong to all my beloved subbies and my silent reader~ 

Here is new update from me and I hope that you all like it. Thanks for those who keep leaving comment and encourage me to keep writing this. I'm sorry if this chapter make you all bored. Keep leaving comment and subscribe to this to me and I would love it. After this maybe hard for me to give an update as soon as possible because my final exam for semester 3 is around the corner and it will start next week and I'm not ready at all. Hhmm... Take a deep breath and wish me luck okay. 

Love you all. -HyeunKimmy- (^O^)