Chapter 48

As Long As We Are Still Together

-Your POV- 

Finally it's Friday. The day that umma wants to visit her daughter, Jae Kyung. I already remind Daehyun about that. We will going there about 2 p.m. I was about done checking all the patients who under my observation. Some are getting better and will discharge and some are still working hard on their therapy. I enter umma's ward and see her staring outside from the ward's window.

"Umma." I call her and she looks at me.

"Hyunnie." Umma said that to me.

"Have umma taken this morning medications?" I asked umma.

"Nae Hyunnie. Umma already eat those. Umma know if umma didn't eat that, Hyunnie will not bring umma visits Jae Kyung." Umma said that to me.

"That's good but umma eating those medications can help ease the pain in your kidney umma." I said that to me.

"I'm happy that I have another daughter in my life who take care of me even after what happen in the pasts." Umma said that to me.

"Gwenchana umma, It's already pasts and we already in the new book. We just need to proceed with our life and accept what God planning for us." I said that to umma.

"Why God does not let umma die after what happen? That's all only give pain to umma." Umma said that to me.

"Umma, don't say that. God didn't let umma die because God replace my late umma with you umma and give another daughter to take care of. "I said that to umma.

"Umma really proud having you. Always think positive and be patient after what happen. Your late umma really raise you to become a good person while me teach my daughter to become a bad person because of my revenge. I'm such a failure mother." Umma said that to me with her tears fallen on her cheek.

"It's okay umma. We should take what happen in the pasts as a moral value in our life and learn from that so that we didn't repeat the history twice." I said that to umma.

Umma then hugs me and start crying. I also start crying seeing umma like that. Then, I release myself from the hug and wipe umma fallen tears. Umma also doing the same thing to me. I then excused myself to leave to room because I need to check on the patient when a nurse suddenly enter umma's ward and inform me about the patient. I wipe my face and try to stay focus in doing my job. After 3 hours working and it's almost 2 p.m, I inform the staff nurse to remind umma and asked her to dress up and get ready. While I was at my office tidy all my file and patients files, I get a call from my husband.

"Hello." I said immediately after I answer the call.

"Jagiya, where are you? I'm already here." Daehyun said that to me.

"Okay. Wait for a while. I need to settle down all the file in my office. I'll be there soon." I said that to him.

"Okay. See you later jagiya." Daehyun said that to me and end up the phone call.

Once I done tidy everything in my office, I hang up my lab coat, grab my handbag and leave my office. I already decide today I will make overtime work because I need to cover my co-worker who is on call to the Daegu Hospital. I went to umma's ward and see her already ready to go. 

"Umma come. Daehyun already wait for us." I said that to umma.

Umma didn't say anything and just follow me. I hold her hands as we are leading to the elevator and I push the button to the 'G' floor. Once we reach at the 'G' floor we heading out from the hospital and see my husband park his car nearby. 

"Sorry if I make you wait." I said that to him.

"Gwenchana jagiya. I know how busy you are as a doctor." Daehyun said that to me.

Daehyun then help umma get in the car. Umma seat at the backseat and I get into the passenger seat. Daehyun get in and starts drive leaving the hospital area. Along the journey none are talking. About an hour and 30 minutes we finally arrive. We enter and told the warden that we are here meeting Kim Jae Kyung. While waiting for Jae Kyung, umma sits on the chair and I holding Daehyun's hand feeling suddenly worried. The warden comeback with Jae Kyung along.

"Umma~!!!" Jae Kyung calling umma and hugs umma then start crying.

"Jae Kyung, how are you dear?" Umma can hold any tears and also cry.

"I'm fine umma. I learn so many things here. I regret after what I have done. I'm such a stupid person in the world because of this." Jae Kyung said that.

Daehyun and I just silently watch them.

"How umma come here? Who fetch you here?" Jae Kyung asked umma.

"Hyunnie and her husband sends me here." Umma said that and point her finger where Daehyun and I stand to Jae Kyung.

"Hyunnie?" Jae Kyung looks at me.

I didn't say anything. Just then, Jae Kyung runs to me and hugs me which cause Daehyun move away a little bit. 

"I'm sorry Hyunnie. That's all my fault and I deserve a punishment here. Can you forgive me?" Jae Kyung said that to me after she pulls away from the hugs.

"I already forgive you and you deserve second chance in your life." I said that to her.

"Really?!" Jae Kyung asked me not believe what she heard from me.

I just nodded my head and Jae Kyung hugs me once again. She then asked forgiveness from Daehyun and Daehyun also said the same thing to her. She promise that she will not doing the same thing anymore. She told us what she have learn here. She learn more about spirituality which she never learn. She feels that she have a lot of sins in her life and she keeps pray that God will forgive her after what she have done. 

"There is only 5 minutes more." The warden said that.

"I'm not done chatting with umma and Hyunnie." Jae Kyung said that to us.

"We will come again dear." Umma said that to Jae Kyung.

"Promise me that everyday you all must come." Jae Kyung said that.

"I can't promise that because you know right as a doctor. There are a lot of things need to be settle down. But at least I can try to visit you unnie." I said that to her.

"It's okay Hyunnie-ah. I know. Nah. Gwenchana. I will and can wait for you all." Jae Kyung said that to me. 

We all hug her before we need to leave but suddenly Jae Kyung wants to meet me personally without umma and Daehyun. I look at umma and Daehyun to get their responds. Daehyun and umma agree to let me meet Jae Kyung. Daehyun told me that he will waiting at the parking. Once they leave. I look at Jae Kyung.

"Hyunnie." Jae Kyung called me.

"What's wrong unnie?" I asked her.

"How is umma condition? Is the someone willing to donor their kidney to umma?"Jae Kyung asked me.

"Actually, it's getting worst. If we didn't get a donor then umma will getting worst day by day. I'm still try searching for the donor." I said that Jae Kyung.

"If that so, I want to volunteer to be as donor to umma." Jae Kyung suddenly said that to me making me shocked for a while.

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

"I'm really sure. This is the time I can help umma by doing this." Jae Kyung said that to me.

"Okay okay but unnie I must take some blood sample from you unnie to be test on the lab first. If the result okay and 99.9% same and unnie can proceed to be as a donor." I said that to Jae Kyung. 

"If that so, here take some blood and test now." Jae Jyung said that to me.

"Not now. I'm not bringing it. I will comeback here and will take some of your blood okay." I said that to Jae Kyung.

"It's time to end your conversation. I already give extra 2 minutes." The warden said that to us.

Jae Kyung then hugs me. We bid goodbye and I see her enters first then I leave the place. I walk to the parking and see there is the car. I enter the passenger seat. Daehyun stars drive leaving the area. Daehyun and umma asking me what jae Kyung want's to me and I just say just simple conversation and seeking some advice from me. I have to lied to Daehyun because if I told about it umma will know and I think umma will not agree that Jae Kyung willing to be as a donor. Then, Daehyun sends umma and I back to hospital. The staff nurses help umma get back into her ward. I sit at my office and start doing my works until the late of night. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong to all my readers and subbies.....

Here is your author-nim giving new updates...

I hope it does not making you all boring and you all enjoy read it even I know this story getting bored day by day.... Hhhmmmmm

Sorry if that happens.....

I will try to update more but let me focus on my study first because I will facing final examination for my Semester 2 and hope that you all will stick on my fic and keep leaving comment because your comment make my day.....

until now from your author-nim -HyeunKimmy- =)