Fateful Reunion

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Worker's POV

 

Huff...Puff..I've been walking for so long, and I don't see any trace of them. ARGH! Come on! It's impossible to chase a car! Even though it's a truck! (wait, it's the same isn't it?) Anyways, I give up, maybe that girl wasn't Soojin, there are plenty of brown-haired girl in this world. Let's just go home and...WAIT! What if it's really Soojin?! I could regret my whole life, I can't be such a pessimist! Idiot idiot idiot! How can I be such an idiot? Well, I was born this way so there's no use thinking about it.

 

What should I do? Get back and ask for help or---no the truck would be too far if I come back, but how can I chase a truck? Should I continue to run? I'll get exhausted before I can reach them...this is so impossible. The moment I quarrel with myself, there's one of the worker's truck riding behind me, I should ask for a ride.

 

The truck stops even without my sign, it's the same guy that told me about those guys that went, he's smirking like he knew this would happen. 

 

"I thought so, idiot as always. You're lucky the chief didn't forget about your clumsiness, so I was ordered to pick you up" he's talking arrogantly, I just laugh back.

 

"I'm sorry for causing all the trouble, can you take me...rrrr...what's your name, again?" I talk bluntly that I forget his name,

 

"Ck! how bad your memory can be, huh? It's Mr. Toyama for you!" he's like an angry person now, maybe he is.

 

"Toyama? Isn't that the famous motor corporation?" I ask again.

 

"THAT'S TOYOTA!!!!!! WILL YOU STOP ANNOY ME?!" He howls loudly like a wolf. Gee, what did I do so wrong?

 

"Fuh, okay then we'll go after them, get your seatbelt on, Shu, and try to stop bothering me"

 

"Okay" I put the seatbelt on as requested, and go on. I hope that all my doubts will disappear as soon as I see them.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

*yawns*

 

Huh? I don't realize I dozed off on Sunny's shoulder, she's sleeping too. It's refreshing to sleep on her, it's warm and comfortable. 

 

"Mr. Goro, where are we going?" I ask because I don't know where we're going.

 

"We're going back to Tokyo"

 

"Oh..right" my mood turns down, but I can't trouble Mr. Goro much longer, he's not our driver.

 

"We shall fill up first" he stops on the sideway, and take out his residual gas. I get off to stretch my leg, but I can't believe what I see in the back of the truck, there's someone sleeping there. I approach the person quietly, and touch the leg. The person jumps off in a shock when I did that.

 

"Yu...Yukiya?" she knows my name, I remember now, it's SOOJIN!

 

"SOOJIN! How are you?! How come you end up in this truck?!"

 

"I don't remember, the only thing I remembered was when a girl saved me"

 

"Who? Do you know who she is?"

 

"No, I don't. She has a long hair and it's brown. I was fainted back then, don't expect me to remember much!" 

 

I get the image of Sunny, yeah, it must be her. 

 

"Why are you covered in dirt? Here, use this?" I give back the handkerchief which once is hers.

 

"Ah! You still had it with you?! Thank you! I was looking for it endlessly, never thought it ended up in your hand" she shows a bit of happiness.

 

"Of course, it's a precious item for you and your brother, there's no way I'll lose something that important. Anyways, do you know where the others are? What's with Akagi?" 

 

She become less enthusiastic as I continue to ask her, is something the matter? She's still the same sad Soojin I knew, even though she promised that she would smile back then. 

 

"I'll tell you then...what happened with Sunnyday, and Akagi..."