Aftermath & Fan Letters

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

The ending went well on stage, but what about in the backstage? Sunny has to take consequences upon her rash decision, but she was able to took it with a smile since she knew this would happen sooner or later, in the midst of dark times like this, there are still good events happening to them...and to Yukiya.

 

Sunny's POV

 <

As soon as the show ended, I ordered Yukiya to went home first, since manager oppa summoned us, actually, I already knew what he's going to say, he's going to get angry to me, and scream at my face for what I've done. But, I'm ready, it's a decision I wouldn't regret, if I can help Yukiya find his parents with this, I don't mind, I don't mind at all.

 

We entered manager oppa's room, and when we got there, we were welcomed by a yell.

 

"LEE SOON-KYU!! What were you doing back than?! Pulling off stunts like that, the press may go crazy you know! You put your group and the company on a thin ice! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" he outcried in my face, I closed my eyes in fear.

 

"Mianhe, jeongmal mianhe manager oppa.." I let out a small apology.

 

"And you expect me to forgive you?! NEVER!" he emphasized the word "never", it's like he really will never forgive me and held a grudge against me in his whole life, but it was a big matter, so I don't have a thing to say.

 

"Oppa! We're sorry! Actually the nine of us planned this all along, sorry for not notified you earlier, but we barely have time to do that, it was a quick-plan we just thought of!" Taeyeon backed me up for no reason, why? She can get the blame too if this goes on..

 

"Yeah, oppa! Please forgive us and Sunny unnie! We promise something like this will not happen again in the future, pretty please..?" maknae Seohyun added, I've been prepared to take his scoldings alone, I didn't expect them to help me.

 

"Not you too, Taeyeon, Seohyun! But a no is a no! The presence of the word "please" won't change this matter. Wait 'till your uncle hear about this, Sunny...he will be very disappointed of--" he stopped when we heard the sound of a creaking door, a figure that I'm familiar with came in, Omo omo omo, SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL, IT'S THE CHAIRMAN, UNCLE LEE SOO MAN HIMSELF! Is he going to fire and kick me out by himself? Or he's going to report me to appa and umma? I'm not ready for this..

 

"Am I an unwanted guest here?" uncle asked.

 

"Mi..mi..Mr. Chairman! Please come in!" manager oppa words were tered, he acted completely different in front of my uncle, ha, serves you right. Wait, shouldn't I be prepared myself? I have no time to thought about the others, my life as a singer could end here.

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Mr. Lee" Taeyeon greeted him, nine of us bowed at him, and he bowed back.

 

"Girls, you did well on the stage, as for you.." Uncle Lee gave me a glare, I didn't have the courage to stare back.

 

"I'm so proud of you"  unexpectedly, he hugged me tightly. I was surprised by his actions, the other unnies and manager oppa were surprised as well. No one has expected he would come and hug me right away, not after what I've been doing, it's the last thing I thought he would do.

 

"Mr. Chairman!" then he broke the hug with me when manager oppa called him.

 

"What is it, manager?" he fondly asked.

 

"You have to hear what your niece has been up to! She is unforgivable, she even--" oppa brought up that topic again, but stopped when uncle told him to stay silent.

 

"Shush, don't need to shout at me, I witnessed the whole thing, I was in the first row" he replied, wait, did he said he saw the whole thing, then why didn't he scold me or something?

 

"The thing is, I would like to congratulate her for doing that, I've never seen such bravery in her since her debut. She's doing such a noble action that I maybe could never done, what's so wrong with that? Manager, I kindly request you to forgive Sunny and give her another chance, she already apologized, right?" uncle winked at me, did my eyes and  my ears deceived me, instead of scoldings, I got praises and compliments instead, I must be dead.

 

"But--" manager oppa is speechless, what else could he say? 

 

"Besides, Yukiya Hikari is part of my family too, and it's my resposibility to take care of that young man. I'll take care of him as I take care of my beloved Sunny" he even gave a spare thought about Yukiya, he's really uncle number one in the whole world.

 

"But Mr. Chairman!--" Manager oppa still insist, just give it a rest won't you oppa? When my uncle gave the word, you can vanish like a dust, you better listen to him! At the corner of my heart, I feel proud, I feel like winning a debate.

 

"Arraso, arraso, if you have more to say, let's just take it all outside, shall we?" he dragged manager oppa outside, whew, now the coast is clear. I can see how pale manager oppa's face, mianhe oppa!

 

"Sunny, you made me proud of you, but keep this in mind, if next time you don't warn me first about this, I won't tolerate anything like this again, arraso?" I smiled upon hearing his answer, but it has to be underlined, that I must tell him if I have bussiness like this, otherwise he'll definitely will be as mad as manager oppa just now.

 

"Ne, arraso! Kamshahamida, Lee Ahjussi!" I thanked him, then he left with an assuring smile. Then Taeyeon closed the door that he took when he left.

 

I sat down and sighed in relief, but just then, the unnies gave me a death glare, especially Taeyeon, it's like she's going eat me any minute now. Right, the case is not closed yet, I still have to deal with my unnies, they can be more terrifying than manager oppa when they're mad.

 

"Yah! what were you thinking, seriously! We could've gone with nowhere because of you!" Taeyeon yelled at me.

 

"Mianhe, Taeyeon unnie, I just--"

 

"Yah! Save your excuses! I don't want to hear anything about it! I'm very disappointed at you, You're lucky Lee Ahjussi were there to save your day , but if he wasn't? You could be a dead meat by now! And what's worse, you put us in danger!" she continued to lecture me even further, I'm about to cry...I know my actions were wrong..but...I still have do it for his sake..

 

 

"I just wanted to be brave like you.."

 

"I only brave when I have to be, Sunny, being brave..doesn't mean you go looking for trouble" she added.

 

"But you are not scared of anything..!" I can't help but releasing tears, she was right, not only me, my unnies were in danger too, why do I always be this selfish...

 

"I was today..." her voice minimized.

 

"You were?" I asked in disbelief, what could our kid leader, Kim Taeyeon afraid of?

 

"Yes, I thought we might lose you.." she put a sad face at me, and hugged me in an instant.

 

"Nevertheless, I'm proud of you, you cared about your dongsaeng that far...I know you took a lot of courage to did that, that's why I decided to help you back then. This time, I'll let it slip, but there will be no next time for you, Lee Soon-Kyu"

 

"A..Arraso...Kamshahamida, unnie..for giving me another chance" I thanked for her kindness and soft caring touch, I'm so happy I still have her supporting me..my tears turned to be happy one now. The others awed at the scene and hugged around us, they were surrouding us by  their warm kind hug. I'm so happy about what I did, I didn't regret it at all, because what I get is something much better than what I give..

 

Then we set off to the hotel immediately, when Taengoo and I returned to our room, Yukiya was sleeping peacefully there, somehow we can see his smile, he kept mumbling our names and thanked us in his dreams, I'm so glad. I gave a peck on his forehead. I don't why, but I felt I have accomplished something. 

 

"Sweetdreams, Yukiya" I I rubbed his forehead for the last time with a smile, and went to the bed.

 

-One Day Later-

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I woke up earlier than the girls today, figures, they spent the whole night briefing the whole show, speaking of last night's show, I was still astounded by Sunny's plan yesterday, although it went perfectly fine, did it really went well backstage? I guessed that one of the main reason they came home late was bacause of me, I just hope what's on mind didn't came true.

 

My lips curved up when I see noona's sleeping face, it's so pretty and look so bright to me, she always know how to make my life better. How can I repay her? She had done so much for me, it's frustating, she always help me, but I can't help her back...

 

Then they woke up one by one and greeted me witha smile on their face, I sighed in relief, there was nothing happened bad last night, they said they stayed late because they're also discussing their next concert, I can't believe how tight and hectic their schedule can be.

 

Sunny's POV

 

"Yuki, how did you feel about last night? You must be surprised" Tiffany asked him during breakfast.

 

"Yeah, it's the most pleasant surprise I've ever got. I want to thank you, noonas, for all your kind loves you gave to me, I didn't know you cared for me that deep, kamshahamida" he showed his respect.

 

"Annyeo! It's nothing at all! We should have told you in advance, sorry for the sudden call, Yukiya, you must be unprepared back then" Hyoyeon explained as if we planned it all along, they were pretty good in acting to, I'd say.

 

"After all, we're a family, it's natural to take care of each other. there's no need for you to thank us" Taeyeon added.

 

The other acted along pretty well, I must thank them for doing this, not only willing to take all the scoldings, they even treat Yukiya nicely as before, I'm sure everything will be fine in the future, thank goodness, Lee ahjussi was there yesterday, otherwise, like Taeyeon said, I will be gone by now.

 

"Hey everyone! I have good news!" Sooyoung shouted in happiness as she entered the breakfast room.

 

"Yah! Sooyoung, stop with all the noises will you? Guests will notice us!" Jessica hissed.

 

"As if, there's no one in this room except us, right?" Sooyoung pouted.

 

"Skip the complain part, what is it, Sooyoung?" Taeyeon acted coldly.

 

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot! We received fan letters over our concert yesterday! I don't know why, but the numbers a bit more than before" We received thousands of fan letters every time we went to the concert, I bet she just made that up.

 

"Maybe...because there was an amazing boy who stood with us on stage last night?" Yoona winked at me.

 

"Annyeo, Yoona noona. Who would even write to me anyway? I don't even get letters from my friends during summer holidays" he stated

 

"Who knows?" Sooyoung said while she gave each of the letters to they're addressed to, I'm always excited to see fan letters, usually they can write something funny, sad, and crazy.

 

Sooyoung finally handed the letters that were addresed to me, I took a quick peek, then I see something I've never seen before. 

 

"Yukiya! Check this out!" I alerted him that's sitting beside me. 

 

"Yoona was right! There are letters for you along with my letters! It seems that they witnessed the greatness of your heart yesterday night!" My words moved the others to came to my way.

 

"Chinjia?" Yuri asked in disbelief.

 

"Yeah, look" I showed them the opening of the letter that says "To Yukiya Hikari" 

 

"Wow, that's cool Yukiya! You even got yourself a fan!" Tiffany praised him.

 

Yukiya stared blankly at the letter, he didn't expect this was coming. And the number weren't few, there are tons of them. I'm happy for him, I hope this can help him feel even more better. 

 

"Noona, do you mind if I take this away? I'm done eating" he asked me shyly.

 

"Of course not! It's all yours so you better keep it well!" I answered.

 

"Kamshahamida!" He ran back to our room, he wanted to read it as soon as possible I suppose, who wouldn't want to read fan letters anyway? Silence fell over the whole room, we can't believe that our dongsaeng has just got himself such letters. 

 

"Unnies, maknae, kamshahamida, without your help, I wouldn't be here by now..and also Yukiya" I thanked them.

 

"Why do you thank us? That letters were out of our reach, Yukiya made that happen himself. You know how inspiring his speech last night, didn't you see that the spectators were wiping their tears? It's very touching you know" Sooyoung said.

 

"Shall we take a look at him, then? Of course we should do it secretly, we can't ruin this perfect moment of his" Taeyeon invited with a smile.

 

The nine of us left the table and went to my room, we opened a narrow space a peeked at him, I can't believe what I've seen, he was covering his mouth, tears ran on her face. I think that letters really touched his heart. I wanted to thank them, his face is the happiest I've ever seen. The other unnies awed seeing him sitting on the bed reading those letter blissfully. I hope, among those letters...there's one from his family..