Look Where We Are...

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Yukiya has landed in Japan to search for his long lost home and friends, problems and troubles will get in their way, but giving up is not an option. Will his effort bring a happy ending result? You'll be sorry if you miss it!

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I have arrived, but I can't waste any minute, there are people who need my help right now. My heart's beating faster, what if I can't bring them back? What if they're someplace that I can't reach? There are too many ifs in my mind, I can't help it.

 

"We won't find anything if you keep rushing things, keep calm. Yukiya" she knows what's in my mind as always and she keeps my hand.

 

"I know...Mianhaeyo" she's right, I should think clearly now, otherwise I won't find nothing.

 

"First of all, let's stay at my late hotel" she suggests. 

 

We go to the hotel that Sunny went when she searched for me, Still, this place amazes me by its size. 

 

"Whew, it's been a while since I stayed here," Sunny jumps to the bed quickly after we enter the room, she must be tired from the long trip. But, I can't rest at ease, somehow only Soojin's face is on my mind, I show a lack of calmness. 

 

"Sunny, what should I do?"

 

"There's one absolute thing we should do, file a missing person report" she reveals her idea.

 

There's no hurt in trying, I will do anything possible to find the others as fast as I can. I fill out the report, I write the exact description of Soojin because I remember her the most and give it to the local police. The policeman asks us to wait for tommorow, I stare at Sunny but she replies.

 

"Don't worry, I'm not in a hurry or something. Take your time, Yukiya"

 

I check on my e-mail to see if there's any message from Soojin or Akagi, the result is no message. Come to think of it, ever since I left Sunnyday, they haven't send me any letter or e-mail, does that mean the accident occurs right before I left? No way...if only I was there, I may help them. I was so selfish, foolishly I went to Sunny, without thinking about them, I'm so stupid. Suddenly, Sunny put her hand on my shoulder, and she asks,

 

"Any luck, Yukiya?" 

 

"Unfortunately, no. I shouldn't left them at the first place" my mind's completely blur, I don't realize those words will hurt Sunny.

 

Sunny sobs as she puts her hands on her face, she feels guilty because she's the one who took me apart from them.

 

"I'm...I'm so sorry, Yukiya"

 

I apologize to her, because I didn't mean that way. It's because of my fears, I let out such awful words.

 

"I'm sorry, Noona. It's not your fault, really. I didn't mean that way. Don't cry, you're making me feel worse. Please stop and smiel for me, you know your smile is always the one that calms me."

 

She erases her tears and smiles, her face is all better now. I'll make sure I'll never say anything like that again, if Soojin knew, I'm sure she would go angry to me. Sigh, where are you, Soojin? I'm here and I can't be any help, what's the point going to Japan anyway? Will I ever find you again, my friend?

 

-One Day Later-

 

I wake up in a rush, I don't even sleep well last night. I can''t wait to see what the police has found. Leaving Sunny behind while she's still sleeping, I head to the police station, hoping for the best to come.

 

I barge in to the office in a hurry and ask the police

 

"Mister, do you find anything about the person I was looking for yesterday?"

 

"I'm sorry, but I can't locate this person's exactly because she's a foreigner. I've discovered the place you asked me to search, though."

 

Soojin's originally from Korean, it's sad to hear that he can't find her. But, I gotta try and think positive! At least he found the way to get to Sunnyday, though. 

 

"Arigatto" then I leave.

 

I wake Sunny up as soon as I arrived.

 

"Noona, noona, wake up, I've found Sunnyday"

 

"Mmm...five more minutes, unnie..." she's mumbling in her sleep.

 

"Noona, please...wake up. Will you help me?" I try to be more softer.

 

Finally she wakes up, she streches her body and yawns. She wonders why I wake her up in such morning.

 

"Dongsaeng, what is it?"

 

"I've found the place where I stayed! Let's go there" I act like a child that just get a new toy.

 

"Really? Okay then, I'll get ready!" she jumps out from her bed with a high spirit.

 

We go to the adress that the police pointed for us by taxi, it's quite far from Tokyo, even though I went to Tokyo when I was about to met Sunny, I didn't remember where Sunnyday was located. I'm hoping that the scene I saw on TV when I'm in Seoul was a mistake, but then I realize, it was no mistake.

 

We've arrived, Sunnyday is nothing more than just a mere ruins now. I can't believe what I've seen, it's a terrible yet the most unwanted view. I sit with depressed feeling, and I grieve. What happened to them? To Soojin and all the others. Are they being struck down with this debris? I don't know anymore about what to do.

 

"Dongsaeng, we should go on" Sunny tries to cheer me up.

 

"How can you say that? Even if we could go on, look where we are" I answer her coldly, as if there's no hope.