Happy Birthday, My Sunshine!

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

 

Yukiya's POV

It's morning already, I was using Taeyeon's room (Not to mention it's Sunny's room too)  I was woken up because Taeyeon's talking in her sleep, not just ordinary talk, more like DJ to be exact. I leave the room quietly, try not to make any sound so I won't wake her up, she must've been really tired after that decorating yesterday.

 

I check on the birthday decoration once again, fix them if something's wrong, but I guess I overdo it, my hands are working on themselves, replacing half of the decoration. I'm done, then I wash up. After I shower, the girls are looking at the decoration, their mouths are wide open, I did that but I don't want to tell them it's my doing, I'm afraid that they would be furious because I change it without their permission. I try to sneak behind them, but Sooyoung calls me with a surprising tone.

 

"Ya! Yuki! You did all this?"

 

"Errm....yeah? Maybe?" Oh bother, I'm finished.

 

"Nice job! You really are the best! I don't know you had abilities to decorate like this, I'd like to thank you" She hugs me in happiness, which I thought she's going to scold me. I try my best because I want to express my thanks to Sunny, it's the least I can do.

 

The girls are getting ready for the surprise, it makes me happy to cooperate with them. I wonder what's Sunny doing right now?

 

Sunny's POV

 

I really hate the way they treated me yesterday, it's irritating! I unleash all my anger on my own birthday, that reminds me, does Yukiya know about my birthday? Sigh...I bet he doesn't, even though I told him before he went to the hospital, he must've forgotten.

 

I walk with sadness, I don't know why they were like that to me, I didn't do anything wrong. I click on the interphone, here goes nothing.

 

"Yeoboseyo" 

 

"Unnie, it's Sunny, open up please"

 

I thought that Sooyoung is going to open the door, but it's Yukiya instead. he asks me to enter, I refuse to enter because I don't want to face the SNSDs right now, but he insists. Once I enter, the atmosphere feels different than before, somehow. Suddenly the girls surprise me with a birthday song! 

 

Seng il chook ha hamni da~~
Seng il chook ha hamni da~!
 Sa rang ha nuen Sunny!
 Seng il chook ha hamni da!!

 

Affected by their kindness, I hug them instantly, I'm happy that actually they remember about my birthday, and so is Yukiya. 

 

"Happy birthday, Sunny" he puts a birthday hat on my head, and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I don't know how to express my feelings right now.

 

"Here, a present, it's from us" the girls give me a bag, inside there's a beautiful white dress.

 

"Gamshahamida, unnie, Yukiya" they reply with a smile, I understand that yesterday was only a trick to make me sad, that's why Yukiya wanted to stay overnight. I look at the decoration, it's so beautiful and amazing. 

 

"You guys made all this?"

 

"Well, just a little, Yukiya did the most of it" Tiffany rubs Yukiya's hair.

 

I look at him, and he answers "It's the only thing I can do for you"

 

I hug him tightly, I thank him for doing all this for me, he's such a sweet person. I don't know if I ever gonna find another brother like him. 

 

Yukiya's POV

 

We celebrate Sunny's birthday altogether, her face is filled with happiness, I wish she could always stay like this. After we did the party in the SNSD dorm, I thought our agenda for today is finished, but Sunny invites me to dinner with her family.

 

"Yuki, are you tired? Actually today is not my birthday alone, today is my sisters' and my mother's birthday also. Dad usually treats us every on 15th of May, we should come to my house"

 

I encourage myself to go there, because I'm part of the family too, right? It's my responsibility, nevertheless I'm also afraid to bother them. Our arrival is welcomed kindly by the family, they recognize me right away, especially Sunny's mom.

 

"Why, aren't you Yukiya? We've heard about you and our Sunny, you two lived together right? Boy, the last time I see you, you're just a little boy who always follows Sunny wherever she goes, but look at you! You're a man already now" she praises me.

 

"Thank you, ma'am"

 

All of us eat dinner together, they're dominating the whole conversation, I can't get involved. I continue to eat without talking about a thing, Sunny's sitting beside me, she holds my hand and smiles to me. In all of the sudden, they tell an interesting story about Sunny.

 

"Sunny, do you remember the first time when we forbid you to sing?" her mom asks about her past.

 

"Yeah we had a lot of argument" Sunny replies

 

"Until now, we're still not sincere to let you sing, because our whole family have felt how tough music industry can be. But, if you really wanna do it, we're cheering for you"

 

It must be hard for them to let Sunny does what she wants, parents always worry about their child before themselves. Maybe...Sunny's position to me right now is similar to them, what happened to me in the past must be tough for Sunny, now I feel guilty...

 

Sunny stands up and hugs both of her parents "Saranghaeyo, Omma, Appa. Thank you"

 

"Look at you, you were a little baby, now you're a lady already"

 

She smiles to them and her eyes are glassed, I'm happy for her too.

 

We say goodbye to the family shortly after the dinner

 

We arrive at the apartment and Sunny thanked me instantly.

 

"Yukiya, thanks for accompanying me to my families' birthday"

 

"Sure, anytime"

 

"I know you didn't have a really good time there, but--"

 

"No! It's nothing like that at all! Your family is kindhearted, I enjoy being with them. They taught me a lot of things."

 

"Seriously?"

 

"Positive"

 

"Okay then, you know what Yuki? Today was the best birthday ever."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"Because I have you beside me, I don't know if I could ever have any birthdays like this again. I wish that you could always be there for me, celebrating my birthday together." She claims that she's happy about today.

 

"I don't know if I can make it everyday but...I'll try" I reply with unsure answer

 

"Thank you, dongsaeng" she kisses me.

 

Today is the best day for me too, probably because I made someone happy, and what makes it more special is that the person is the closest family to me. Now I learn that she is an irreplaceable treasure for me. I will never forget about today, If there's something you're dreaming of then may it all come true, because you deserve it. Happy birthday Sunny, my sunshine.