I'm Coming Back Home

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Today is suppose to be the final day for Sunny to search for her cousin who she accepts as her little brother, if she doesn't find him, she has to go back to Bangkok where she was staying. Meanwhile, Yukiya is heading towards her, he's about to get back in her arms again. Will the two of them finally see each other again?

 

Yukiya's POV

 

Today's the day, it's the day I get back to Sunny's place...that's what I promised Soojin, but what about her lost brother? Shouldn't I help her? No....I'll hurt her even more if i do that, it's painful but I just realized her pain...and Sunny's. Sunny is searching really hard for me but I keep ignore her, Sumimasen, Sunny.

 

I pack my things, while I do that, Akagi come out of nowhere.

 

"Setting off already, Yuki?" 

 

"Yeah, even though...."

 

"I know, if I were you, I won't like to leave my girlfriend either"

 

"Yeah, with her condition right now..." I stop for a moment "What did you say? Soojin's not my girlfriend!"

 

"Oh did I mention Soojin? Haha" then he run off after teasing me

 

"Ugh! You come back here ya little persistent!" his jokes makes me smile again, how am I gonna miss that guy.

 

I've finished my packing and I'm ready to leave this place, although I still think about Soojin, I can;t stop thinking her. Then I go to the exit, and there are Madam Aki, Akagi, Soojin, and the other children wanting to say goodbye to me. 

 

"Goodbye Yukiya-San!" The children say that with solidarity, and Madam Aki approach me and rubbing her hands on my cheek 

 

"Finally, you know what you think's the best now, Yukiya? Don't worry about the others, I promise I'll take good care of them. As for you, I've prepared you a vehicle. The man will take you to Tokyo, it's going to be a long journey, so take these" she give me lunchboxes "I'm gonna miss you, dear" she hug me, I can't breathe, her hug is just too strong, but she set me free.

 

Akagi say something unclear, I can see he's holding his tears, why, even though we only spent a little time together, he's my best friend after all. "Take care, brother. Goodluck living your live with your sister, I hope you can do better now" He give me his hand for fist-bumping

 

I fist his hand, and say "Take care of her"

 

"I will, I promise" 

 

In the end, Soojin's the last person that wants to say goodbye, she's holding her tears too. 

 

"I guess this is it, right?" her words makes me don't want to leave this place "Even if, you're far away, you'll always be my best friend, It will never change, never" she give me her hand for a shake

 

"You will always be my best friend too" I reply while shaking her hands.

 

Her pitiful face that's about to cry makes me want to cry too, and she hugs me, I just realize that this girl really loves hugging. "Thank you, Yukiya. For giving me a new life, I'll never forget you!" her tear flows through my shoulder, it makes my cloth wet in the shoulder part and I reply, but this time I hug her too "I promise, I'll never forget you too and as soon as I go back, I'll help you, I'll never take my words back"

 

Then she releases me and I wipe the tears from her eyes, "Do you know you always cry even from the time we met? Next time, i want you to give your sweetest smile". I can't believe how cool I can be in this perfect situation.

 

She nodded, and force to smile. Her last word is, of course "Goodbye, Yukiya Oppa"

 

I head to the exit, but my hand stop, I bow to the others while saying "Thank you! Thank you very much, guys" loudly, I can't help that my eyes are releasing tears, but I don't want them to worry so I turn back. Banzai, my loyal dog is waiting for me.on the front door.

 

"Let's go" he reply with a loud woof, he seems to be ready to leave. Then a breeze passes by, I look at Sunnyday once again, I can see that the others are still waving their hands. I say to myself "I will go back, goodbye Sunnyday" 

 

I get to the car, and there's the driving man, he asks me "Where are you going?" 

 

"Im coming back home" 

 

Sunny's POV

 

There's no sign that Yukiya's coming for me, I think it's time for me to leave this hotel, 2 days of searching were for nothing, I keep looking everywhere but it's impossible to find him, he doesn't reply my messages. I guess this is the end.

 

I take my handphone from my bag, and searching for Sooyoung's contact name...but my hand stop after I see Yukiya's name in my contact list

 

I cry on the phone, because it makes me sad that I couldn't find him. I shouldn't have come, If I don't maybe I won't feel this bad. This is so miserable, I call Sooyoung 

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Sunny, where are you? The others are waiting for you, go back home dear! Did you find him?"

 

"Unnie...Unnie" I speak while crying, I can't think of the right words

 

"Oh...So you didn't...I'm sorry Sunny, I couldn't be any help" She seems to understands my position

 

"What should I do Unnie...? *sobs" I ask her terribly

 

"You should go home, tommorow's the concert. Cheer up girl! There's still next time!"

 

"Arasso Unnie...I'm coming back home" I turn off the phone desperately

 

Sooyoung doesn't understand, after all I've been through.There's no next time, how could I just leave him when he's very close? I don't care about the concert, I miss him more than I could miss anyone, I want him to get back in my arms again...

 

I take a sleep before I leave, I feel so pathetic, I have no energy to move.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I text Sunny a message : 

 

"Sunny, I'm heading for Tokyo now, you're still there, waiting for me right? First of all, I'm sorry for making you worried all this time, I'll explain about it later when I meet you. I know a sorry wouldn't be enough, can understand if you're angry with me. But, the truth is I want to meet you too as much as you wanted to meet me, Thank you because you care a lot about me. Please tell me where are you staying right now, can't wait to see you soon, my dearly beloved sister"

 

Come to think of it...I don't know Sunny's face don't I? Hm...how should I recognize her? Does she recognize me? Well, thinking about it won't help me to find her though, I'm sure that she knows my face.

 

"We will be in Tokyo in just 30 minutes, you should tell me the location of this sister of yours" 

 

"Oh okay..sure" I reply the driver, please reply my message ASAP, Sunny 

 

Sunny's POV

 

I wake up with tears on my cheek, I wipe them out and look at the time. "What?! It's already 6.00 PM! I must get ready and go home! Otherwise I will not get on board today!" I'm panicking. But, I check on my handphone, and there's a new message! I can't help that it's Yukiya, I really wish for it though.

 

...I read his message and tears of joy flow again, I reply his message, telling him he address of the hotel. I can't believe that he's actually care about me, he even called me "dearly beloved sister" I'm so glad that I went to Japan, I don't regret it at all now.

 

While I'm waiting for him, I check out from the hotel and wait in front of the hotel, I don't care if it's hot or cold, nothing matters to me now, he's the only one that matters.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

The message has arrived, I give the driver the address and he knows about it, he says that it's not far from here, it only takes 10 minutes. My heart's beating faster than ever, I can't wait to meet Sunny...and also afraid if she's angry with me.

 

"This is the place" he stops in front of luxurious hotel, I step out and wonder, is Sunny a rich person? 

 

"Then I'm off" the driver says it kindly

 

"Thank you, say my regards to Madam Aki and the others"  then he sets off

 

I can't find her, I don't even know what her face looks like. I don't have a courage to phone her, so I just text her a message : 

 

"I'm in front of the hotel, can you show yourself?"

 

Sunny's POV

 

"Is he here?" I think that way as soon I read his message, I reply that says that I'm in front of the hotel. But maybe he doesn't recognize me so I have to catch up with him.

 

*Ding Dong Dang!* I heard that sound when I sent the message...is that his phone? And I see him and stop thinking for a second.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I glance at the girl that was just texted on her phone...she come near to me, I think her face is very peculiar, and I try to memorize her face...isn't she....Lee Soon-Kyu?!

 

"Are You Yukiya?" "Are You Lee Soon-Kyu?" the two of us ask at the same time, but I reply her first.

 

"Yes, my name is Yukiya? Are you looking for me......Sunny?" I don't know how to react

 

"Yes! I'm Lee Soon-Kyu and Sunny! Both of them are my names" she seems to be happy to introduce herself.

 

I open my mouth widely, so Sunny is Lee Soon-Kyu, the girl that father mentioned. That's why they both live in South Korea, now everything makes sense. I'm suprised how Lee Soon-Kyu turned into Sunny.

 

"Why didn't you answer me earlier!" she cries out of blue and yell at me

 

"It's...it's a long story"

 

"You..!" Sunny's movements is just like about to slap me, I close my eyes, and say to myself that I'm ready for this....But, I feel no pain in my cheek, the only thing I feel is just her hug, it makes my body warm. 

 

"At least you're okay, nothing else matters now. You're safe here" she say it with tears "I was so worried about you...I miss you, dongsaeng" then she gives me a smooch on the forehead

 

I keep hugging her, and apologize "I'm sorry sis, I didn't mean to make you worry about me, thank you"

 

She remove her tears from her face, and say something about Banzai "Is it with you?" 

 

"Yup" I reply shortly

 

"Then we have to find him a cage, I think there's one in airport" 

 

Then Banzai starts to in Sunny's face, he recognizes her. Sunny is happy too, after all the person who make her worried is here. Now we're not going to separate again, because our life are connected now.

 

"And...Yukiya, don't call me with just Sunny, after all I'm older than you. call me "Noona", Arraso?"

 

I realize that Noona is the korean languange for "sister", I try it on her "Okay, Sunny Noona"

 

"Good boy" she reply with a smile.

 

We go to the airport by taxi, and buy Banzai a cage, maybe it's uncomfortable for him but he has to hang in there. We buy tickets of the plane and take our baggage, I sit next to Sunny, she holds my hand firmly, and give me a smooch in the cheek. She doesn't want to lose me anymore, she just loves me so much. 

 

An air hostress asks us "Are you on vacation, the two of you?"

 

"No, we're coming back home" the both of us say the same word at the same time, and we giggle. 

 

The plane is taking off, and the two of us see at each other, telling how happy we are by our faces. Now I'm here, blinking at my starlight, at last I see my light, and it's warm and bright. Finally I see you, Sunny.