Days Before Departure (3/3) - Confession

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

The time is about to come, tommorow the two will be going to Japan.. But if Sunny's like this, will Yukiya still carry on with his plan? Or does he wish to stay? Meanwhile at this kind of moment, Seohyun finally resolves in her heart and...

 

Yukiya's POV

 

Morning, I'm still waiting for Sunny to recover and even slept beside her, but not in approriate position, I'm sitting next to her. she's still sleeping but no longer breathing hardly, I hope her condition will be okay now, I'd better take her to Dr. Minwoo again before something worse happens.

 

"Don't worry Noona, this time  I'll take care of you."  

 

Even though I said that, something come across my mind. What about tommorow? Are we really going to Japan? But there's no way I can leave her like this, should I give up on tommorow? Sigh...

 

"Yukiya" she talks in her sleep.

 

"Yes?" I respond.

 

"Yukiya, don't go! Don't go!" she grumbles loudly, her grip become stronger and stronger.

 

"Don't worry, I won't go anywhere. I'll stay by your side"

 

Then she release my hand, I wonder what she dreamed of? I hope it's not something bad about me because she keeps calling on my name. Suddenly, Sunny's phone rings, it's from Seohyun, I'd better pick it up.

 

"Hello"

 

"Annyeonghaseo, is this Yukiya?"

 

"Yeah, it's me, Seohyun. Is there something you want to talk about?"

 

"No, I'm just concerned about Sunny because yesterday she's sick badly, how about now, Yukiya? Is she getting any better?"

 

"I can't tell, she's having a bad dream lately. I'm thinking to take her back to hospital"

 

"Can I come over?"

 

"Sure, of course"

 

She hangs up, maybe Seohyun will enlighten my burden. 

 

"Annyeonghaseo" that's quick, maybe she's worried enough.

 

"Come in, Seohyun, please help yourself" I invite her in.

 

She enters my room directly, approaches Sunny and wake her up.

 

"Unnie, shall we take you back to the hospital? Are you still feeling unwell?" she asks Sunny kindly with care.

 

"No, I'm okay, don't trouble yourselves, guys" she's more like making an excuse.

 

"Noona, please tell us the truth."

 

"I'm okay! How many times I have to said it?!" she scolds us to ask her any further, but the two of us just won't give up.

 

"Okay, then let's eat breakfast then, I brought you some food" good job Seohyun, we can see if she's okay or not.

 

"Yeah, let's" she throw off her blanket and stand up.

 

"See, I'm still lively as always." she confesses

 

But, the two of us see how hard for her to walk, she can't even walk properly, and when she's about collapse again, I quickly stop her and help her up.

 

"Noona, please don't strain yourself"

 

Her face turns sad, she don't want to be burden again, I'm sure. 

 

"Yukiya, am I holding you back?" she's asking desperately.

 

I lift her on my back, she's really light, I can lift her easily. 

 

"No, you never hold me back Noona, you're a great sister for me, you're irreplaceable. I know how you feel, but you're sick, so don't push yourself. Because if your condition goes worse, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Yoona  and everyone'd be sad---and so would I"

 

"Thank you, dongsaeng" she kisses my cheek from my back.

 

Seohyun and I go to the same hospital as yesterday, I bet Dr. Minwoo knows what to do with her since he's the one who gave her that medicine. We wait for our turn, some people recognizes Sunny and Seohyun with me but we ignore them.While we're waiting, there's a boy talking with his mother

 

"Mom, can I go buy ice cream after the check-up?"

 

"You just had one didn't you?" her mother answered.

 

"Pretty please??" he begged for the ice cream.

 

"Okay then, it's present for being brave to go to the hospital" 

 

"Horraaay!" the boy celebrated for his victory and went away with his mother.

 

Seeing that boy and his parent makes me remember of...mother, she's a kind person and very memorable. I miss her so much, will I ever see her again? I go all over Seoul without even saying goodbye. In all of sudden, Sunny comes close to me.

 

"I miss ahjussi too,Yukiya. She's a kind person, just like you. Don't worry, we'll find your parents in no time" she reads my heart and comforts my feeling at the same time, I know hopes may seem narrow, but when she said those things, I just want to believe in her.

 

At last it's our turn, Dr. Minwoo sitting calmly and quickly greets us.

 

"Ah it's you again, how are you feeling right now? Have your voice came back?" he fondly asks

 

"That's what we want to consult, Doctor. You see, my voice's back, but my condition is getting worse every minute. Do you have any idea about this? Is this the side effect you were talking about?" Sunny explains the situation clearly,

 

"Yeah, that's what I've been trying to tell you, the medicine you ate was a poison, actually"

 

"WHAT?!" the three of us is being hysterical.

 

"Ok, that's just a little joke of mine, I tell it everytime" when he said that our mood suddenly go down, this is not the approriate time to joke, Dr. Minwoo. Someone is terribly sick here.

 

"Now, now, I'll tell you the truth, the medicine has an extraordinary speed in healing, but it's side effect will be in your body, you'll feeling unwell because of the strength of the medicine, don't worry, you just need to rest here and everything will be back to normal tommorow"

 

The three of us smile brightly, that's the one that we've been waiting for. We put Sunny in the patient room, she seems happy that she can go to Japan tommorow, well even if she stays I won't leave her anyway, her health is the top priority now. 

 

"Yukiya, do you remember? The last time we went here was when you got stagnation, right?"

 

"Yeah" I hold her hand "Thanks for saving me back then, I owe you a favor"

 

"Don't remind me of that, it's not a delightful memories." 

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to--"

 

"That's alright, Yukiya, can you do me a favor? Can you pack our things at home, because don't think I can make it if I pack tommorow, yes?"

 

"But--" I'm not sure letting her go with me is a pleasant idea, with her condition like this "Noona, are you sure you want to come along? Don't you think you should just rest in--" suddenly she puts her finger in front of my lips.

 

"Sst! Not another word, I've made my decision, I won't let you be in danger ever again"

 

"Arraso ,arraso, then I'll head home then" I leave as soon as possible, I do not want to start another fight.

 

Seohyun's POV

 

"Unnie, I'm thinking about you too..."

 

"Not you too, maknae,"

 

 

"Anyo, I don't want to stop you, but...can't you wait a little longer?"

 

"No, there's no point making Yukiya sadder than this. We must get going"

 

I don't reply, the two of us are both fall silent, we don't know what to talk about. Out of blue, Sunny asks me something surprising.

 

"You still like Yukiya, don't you Seohyun?"

 

I gulp, what's she saying is true. I try to keep calm and answer her.

 

"Yes, unnie, apparently I like him"

 

"Apparently? Are you even sure about your own feeling?"

 

"Yeah, I'm not even sure myself, he's so kind and caring, he always there when you need him. Sometimes I feel jealous to you" I blush, how can I say those embarrasing words clearly? Dear...

 

"That's so unlike you,  you used to say that you love sweet potatoes more than boys"

 

"He's an exception, unnie" I state my feeling to unnie.

 

"If that's so, why don't you confess it to him, now?"

 

"Why now?" I ask her

 

"I don't know, I just feel this is the right time, because I think we're going to stay in Japan for a while. If you miss this chance, you might even forget about him"

 

She's correct, I don't even know when I will ever meet him again. I'm about to leave but---

 

"Unnie, are you okay if I go now?"

 

"Yeah sure, it's nothing anyway. You can use the reason to help me to arrange my stuffs, please do your best maknae, fighting!"

 

I bow to her and leave, I don't know if this is going to turn the way I want, but I guess it's worth trying. Directly I hit the road to Sunny's apartment, when I'm there he's still packing his things.

 

"Yuki, can i help to pack Sunny's things? You know, girls have many objects that boys can't see"

 

"Sure, that's her suitcase and you can help to put things there" he resolves and I go to put Sunny's things.

 

"Oh, by the way, gamshahamida, Seohyun. For helping me" his smile is so cute when he says thank you, oh my what's wrong with me? My face turns red.

 

We both work in different spaces, the two of us concentrate on our work, time passes until noon and he's almost done with his job, mine is finished, though. I look at him with sharply, intense look. I try to memorize "him", the guy that resembles to him too much, I can't help my feeling, it sure brings back memories by just seeing his face. Finally, he's done.

 

"Phew, that's it, I think." he cleans up the things that he doesn't need.

 

I think now't the the time, I should ask him.

 

"Yukiya, I know you are tired, but will you please come along with me? I've got something to say to you"

 

He raises his eyebrow, I know this may seems weird to him. I take his hand and go there, that "special place" for me, and "him"

 

We run, run, and run, finally we have arrived at the beach, it feels nostalgic to come here.

 

"Seohyun, what are you trying to say?"

 

"I want to say that...that..." the words won't come out, my face turns into a tomato, completely red, I turn my back on him. But I try to do it again this time,I have to say this!

 

"I Love You, Yukiya"

 

The both of us stay silent, he is shocked by my confession, but his reply broken my heart.

 

"I'm sorry, Seohyun"