Everything Ends With A Family

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Everything that has a start, must also have an end. This final chapter of "Extraordinary Journey Of Light" shows how Yukiya's been doing in the 3 years after having his life separating with his sister Sunny. What happened to Yukiya? Where does he live? How are Sunny and all the SNSD members are doing? All of the questions in the story will be answered in this finale. Enjoy the very last chapter, extraordinary readers.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

3 years have passed quickly without Sunny's presence, my life is not getting better nor getting worse, there are ups and downs, one thing for sure, my regular life is back once again, but this time, was not in Sendai, I lived in Tokyo at the moment, ever since the parting event, I grew in love with this capital of Japan, the main reason is to avoid any danger like what my parents suggested. My father already has a new work since he lost me, and our family moved. Although I no longer can feel the fresh air of my mother's hometown, this city always brings back memories of her, believe it or not, I still can't forget about her face, her gestures, and everything that's related to her, to put it simply, I miss her, I miss her so much. 

 

"Calling from earth to Yukiya Hikari, are you there?" Soojin flicked her fingers in front of me, snapping me back to the real world.

 

"Ah, yes! Sorry, Soojin, you were saying..?" I asked her dumbfoundedly.

 

"Yah! Why are you often zoning out these days! Aren't you happy to greet summer holidays, Yuki?" Soojin yelled. Everytime I thought about Sunny, I can't focus at all, it's been 3 years and we always communicate through virtual world, but in the past 1 years, she barely answers my e-mails, I know she's at the peak of fame with her group, but..

 

"I'm sure she's not, Soojin, he's on the top of his class and I can't help but think that he is still thinking about the new semester already, you know him more than himself. Can't believe I used to adore such a guy." Mizuki, my new best friend, satirized.

 

"Hey, if you two only accompany me for mocking me, I suggest you guys leave me alone, I really need some quiet time." I picked up the pace on the road of towards home, trying to separate myself from this noisy girls. Once I was ahead of them, I stared at the ground, watching my steps, ended up zoning out once again, what is she doing? Is she fine? What about Taeyeon? Does she even think about me again? Questions filled up my mind, every bit of them make added sadness in my heart.

 

"Yukiya, gwenchana? Okay, we're sorry for bothering you earlier, we didn't mean it, come on, tell us what's wrong. Maybe we can be some of help." Soojin approached me, worried about my condition.

 

"I don't know, Soojin, that's the problem, I don't even know what's troubling me, everything's going fine until now, but...argh, forget it, you wouldn't understand." I denied, she has offered a kind help, but I don't think she can solve my prblem.

 

"I would if you just tell me, come on, what's troubling you? Really, you speak to the two of us rarely, you never go out for lunch, in the university all you do is studying, studying, and studying. I can't understand how you can live your life like that, be free, have fun, Yukiya. Adolescence don't last forever, you know." she explained, in my heart I want to scream her name right now, rather than hanging out, going to a concert like those snobbish college kids would do, seeing her is the only thing I wish for. I'm dying to see her.

 

"....I can only think of this, I'm sorry if I offend you, but..are you thinking about your sister, Sunny, again?" Soojin guessed, her guessing hit the jackpot, my heart skipped a beat when I heard that name. I couldn't answer her question, I don't want to answer her, to be honest. 

 

"Yes! That must be it! You must be thinking of Sunny unnie, right? How is she doing in Korea? When will you meet with each other again? If you meet again, I can add sequels now hehe." Mizuki added more questions that I want to avoid, if only I can answer her last question, I wouldn't be feeling as bitter as now. It's kind of absurd I can't meet my own sister, we're continents away after all.

 

"Mizuki! Stop it will you? Can't you at least consider Yukiya's feeling?" Soojin scolded Mizuki's childishness, sometimes they fought over me, with no reason, but Soojin is always be there to defend and support me.

 

Mizuki felt bad after Soojin scolded her, she said something she shouldn't but I thought that Soojin overdid it too.

 

"I'm sorry, Soojin. I'm sorry too, Yukiya...I know I was at fault." she apologized to both of us.

 

"Never mind, just please, I beg you, please don't speak of her in front of me again, that goes to you too, Soojin, you two are my best friends that I can't lie to, if you already know my problems, can't you at least help me to ease a little bit. I'm not in the mood talking about her, right now." I stated, now they know how to help me, I'm sure they're willing to do so, I can trust them.

 

"Allright, we promise we won't speak of Sunny unnie again. I know what she means to you, Yukiya, the both of us apologize for making you have to think of an unpleasant thought. I hope you two can reunite once again, because you know why? You're not the only one who miss her, the both of us feel the same way, right?" Soojin put her hand on Mizuki's shoulder, makign her sign of friendship.

 

"I don't mind, but make sure you don't repeat it again. Ah, finally we've reached my house, thank you for accompanying me on the way home, Soojin, Mizuki, enjoy the rest of your holiday, like you said, we need to hang out more often, you should invite me for a lunch of something, I'll be waiting." I said, my suggestion was nothing more than just to satisfy them, my body should get some refreshment, but my mind won't allow it, no matter where I go, her shadow always follows after me.

 

"Okay, we'll arrange some of that later, I suppose you're coming too, kid writer?" Soojing elbowed Mizuki playfully.

 

"What do you mean by that? Of course I'm coming! I hope we can have a wonderful time, let's go, Soojin. Goodbye, Yukiya, please get a hold of yourself, if she's seeing you like this, she wouldn't be happy I'm sure. I mean, where did the brave boy that stepped on that fantastic stage with SNSD, went? Is this the end of the hero of my book? I thought you're stronger than that?" Mizuki winked at my direction.

 

"Hard to argue with that, you're right, Mizuki, thank for the encouragement, you always know how to enlighten my mood, I will try to be as cheerful as I used to be. Thanks for taking me home, once again." I thanked her, well, she got the point, I bet if Sunny sees me, she's going to lecture me with her sisterly-style, wish I can see her doing that again. Suddenly, Soojin gave me a light hug, she wanted to make me feel better badly, so I expected this everytime I felt down, weirdly, I always feel better if she does this.

 

"Take care of yourself, okay? Don't keep hurting yourself like this, I don't know how to make you feel better so this is the least I can do, you're lucky the person you miss is still there, waiting for you in open arms, for me, he isn't there anymore. I hope you know what that means, Yukiya." Soojin reminded me again about our old friend Akagi, she meant that my fate was better than hers, that's true, until now, Soojin still remembered about him, I did so too, but not all the time like she did. I sighed and finally I can smile, someone is standing here, completely understand how I feel.

 

"You're right Soojin, I'm sorry if i'm not being myself lately, it's just, I miss her so much...you know she means the world for me. You better be off, your brother must be waiting for you at home, if I have the chance, could I visit your house again? I'd love to chat with Shu again, it's been a while since I met him." I released her and talked about my desire of coming to her house.

 

"Sure, goodbye, Yukiya." she bid farewell and went to her house's direction, before she continue to walk even further, I halted her.

 

"Soojin, Mizuki. Thank you for making me feel better, I'm grateful to have you guys." then they turned their heads upon my thank, they smiled brightly to me.

 

"Anytime, my friend." Soojin said kindly. 

 

Speaking of Soojin and Mizuki, I must say, I'm impressed by how their life to get tangled along with mine, first of all, Mizuki, she is my new best friend, we were pen pals when we exchanged letters three years ago, now, she's a colleague of mine, one of the best, I should say. Not long after she helped my mother to found me, she arranged a meeting between the two of us, her desire to wrote a book inspired by me came true in her third year of meeting me, this book of hers, was splendid I might say, there were elements of dramatization, but ninety percents of it was true as it happened. Her book was called "An Extraordinary Journey Of Light", she picked the title because of my family name that means Light (Hikari). She received many awards to become such an extraordinary writer in such age, now she paid the college by herself, she's bright and smart though, at first she was shy to meet me, but after a while, we became good friends and she started to pull pranks on me all the time. Her mother, Misaki and mine kept in contact, reporting how their kids were doing, sort of mother's stuff.  I got royalties from her book also, but the both of us agreed to gave our profits to the poor and homeless, just like we wanted at the first place. 

 

As for Soojin, she decided to stay in Japan with her brother, Shu. They lived happily ever after in Tokyo together, Shortly after I left Sunnyday, she moved to the capital happily, even though she's still having a hard time with adaption, she's used to Japanese now. Not to mention, she's a part of geniuses in the university, her scores always ties with me, but she got scholarship and I didn't, somehow I felt proud of her. After I introduced her to my  parents, they often invited her for dinner, same goes for Mizuki. My parents can't took off their eyes from their son's lifesavers, Soojin also helped the making of Mizuki's book, there were some parts where she became the heroine, and that's what made the book even more awesome. But still, she's the same old Soojin, the ones who love hugging, positive and bright like a sun, only these days, she's no longer crying all the time, because she found her happiness back, she smiled everyday, living her life, and enjoying every seconds of it. Now, Mizuki, Soojin, and I helped people who suffered from natural disaster in each of our own ways, the university even gave us medals of our honorable job, the reason was none other than because we knew how they feel, and how much they need our help.

 

What happened to me? Well, I stood up as a proud student of University Of Tokyo, along with  two of my best friends Soojin and Mizuki, the three of us always compete with our scores, but I'm getting bored of it, to be honest. I wasn't the type that was born a genius, it's just, since I left Sunny, I wondered how I should spent my life, she gave me a chance to live positive that I realized, was the best chance I ever get. I'm sure if I work hard towards my dreams, she will do the same, I got a feeling she's watching over me, my consciousness told me so. Lately, I've been thinking of her, because I missed her, and I know it's rather impossible to meet her, I do everything I can to made my mind off her, usually I study hard so I can concentrate to all matters in the university, but these days, things didn't work out as I expected, I felt lonely all the time, I knew I shouldn't, but there were missing feelings in my life recently. I missed her warm, kind hug, I missed her goodnight forehead kiss, I missed being spoiled by my dearly beloved sister, I just can't help this feeling, it's painful, and sometimes I want to cry on it, why did the world gave us a chance of meeting in the first place, combined us to be siblings, while we're destined to separate for the rest of our lives? I'm willing to be called a selfish person by the world as long as I know the answer of that question, it is a simple, yet until now, unanswered one.

 

"I'm home." I put my shoes off and put them on the shoe shelf, suddenly, my mother greeted me with a smile on her face, I wondered what she's up to. 

 

"What is it, mother?" I asked curiously.

 

"The results of your study in the university, can I take a look?" she requested, she knew what she's going to see, that's why I didn't bother to give her the paper in the first place, she only wanted to praise for my results, that's what she always does.

 

"Ah yes, this" I handed the paper, she grinned upon seeing my paper as I expected. I was not getting any bad grades this year, the results are always good and I didn't know how it get there, everyone said that I studied too much, but what more can I do? It helped me to forget about something I didn't want to remember. I must say, I thank all the books that gave me no time to rest, no time to think about the others.

 

"Wow! I believe you're on the top of the class again. Tied with Soojin, I suppose?" she praised, all her guessings were true, it's always like that every year, never changed a bit. I didn't like how she compare me with that girl, it's irritating to be honest, though.

 

"...Yeah, I'm going upstairs." I pointed the ceiling, and went straight to the stairs. Before I walked even further, my mother called me.

 

"I'll call you when the dinner's ready, I made your favorite dish by the way, you'll like it. Oh, and is there anything you want, Yukiya? Just say your piece." she asked.

 

"Unless you can change the past, then there's nothing I want, mother." I gave her puzzling words, I supposed her face will turn sadly, she didn't realize what's gotten into me at first, but lately, I believe she already discovered that I was missing Sunny. There's nothing I want, except I can change the past, the sweet past that turned bitter in the future. 

 

I closed the door of my room quietly, then I took a deep breath, i watched the whole room, thinking that I will spend another summer alone once again, what should I turn to this summer? A wormbook? A computer geek? Anything's possible, it will be another lifeless summer holiday, I guess. Just me, and me alone.

 

I jumped on the bed, laying down, and took out the handphone from my pocket, I observed the phone book, there's Sunny's name in it, I stopped and thought about it, should I call her? I mean, it's been 3 years since I heard her voice, so calling her won't hurt, right? It may make me feel better hearing her voice after all these years, doesn't she miss me too? Usually, she always feel uneasy if I wasn't beside her, did this feeling of her, changed? I can't wait to know. Instinctly, I pushed the 'call' button.

 

"The phone you're calling is out of service area or--"

 

"ARGH! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!" I yelled after I heard that annoying sound, I threw the phone right away to the other side of the bed. Immersed my face to the pillow, suddenly, I felt something's wet on my face, I cried, I didn't even wish for it, but I cried instinctly, I felt injured, I was injured badly in my heart. Three years was more than enough, why can't I see her? Why can't I even hear Sunny's voice? Destiny, how long are you going to torture me?

 

I took my phone once again, this time, I observed my pictures, there were many pictures of myself, Soojin and Mizuki. I continued to look further, pictures of years ago that I never delete, I wanted to, but I can't, it's irreplaceable pictures. I managed to smile when I saw her old picture, then I compared it with new ones. It's funny because she changed a lot, even though her cuteness is still the same, her face is more cheerful, more beautiful. I released even more tears, I can't help it at all, I wish I can touch that smooth skin of hers once again.

 

         

 

"Yukiya! The dinner's ready! Come downstairs!" mother shouted, I don't want to satisfy my belly yet, I'm sure any flavor that will enter my mouth will end up tasteless.  I kept silent for a while, it's unpolite to say that I'm not hungry when she already made my favorite dish like she stated, although I really don't want to eat right now.

 

"I'm not hungry! I want to skip dinner, eat without me, mother!" I shouted back, this is the first time I refused her offer, my bad condition was to blame, there's nothing I can do. She didn't answer, I suspect she didn't hear it, well, keep it that way, it's better. Unexpectedly, I heard the sound of creaking door, I turned my body around, I knew it's mother, but I don't want her to see me like this like a crybaby. I'm 19 years old, and still, I'm crying upon missing someone, it's embarassing. 

 

"Come on down! Let's not waste our dinnertime, your father will be home soon, and you know what he'll say if you're like this, I'm kind enough to approach you and tell you to eat nicely, your father is a different case." she explained, I know my father well too, mother, you don't have to warn me. Probably he'll knock down the door and pinch my ear, or maybe even worse, that's acceptable enough for me. Those kind of punishments will do, who knows that I'll be busy enough worrying about his lectures.

 

"I'm sorry, mother. But...I really don't feel like eating at all." I pleaded my mother to give up on me, at least she has to know that I'm okay. She sat on the bed, my hair, trying to pursue me to go down. I felt sorry, but there's still no desire to eat in my heart. She sighed in defeat after many times trying, but her last words made me mad.

 

"Sigh...if Sunny sees you like this, she wouldn't be proud of you. I wish she is---"

 

"Mother, didn't I tell you not to speak about Sunny in my presence? You know how much I hate talking about her." I cut her words and glared at her sharply. Just as my mood has been chilled by Soojin and Mizuki, another one started to lit the fire, seriously, can't you all stop mentioning that name? 

 

"What? It's the thing you wanted most, right? I know this has been troubling you, don't shout at me, I know how you exactly feel." She continued to boil my blood, my brows frowned as if they're connected, I was really angry at her, I feel like to scream to her. In the end, I can't control it, my emotion.

 

"STOP IT WILL YOU?! If you know how I exactly feel, then that's enough!  For your information, You're not making me feel better, only worse!! You want to help?! Then stop talking about her!! Fine, if you want me to eat dinner, I'll eat! I'll come down right away! Satisfied?! " I panted after I threw all my anger to her, I exited my room and slammed the door harshly. I always get worked up easily if it's Sunny's matter, I felt bad to my mother, but she's at fault! She has gone to far even though I begged her to stop, why does everyone did this to me? What will they gain in return, anyway?

 

"I'm home." suddenly I heard a deep voice in the house, it's father who came home, he's back just in time for dinner like mother said, I wondered what my mother will tell him, tonight, I'll end up locked in my room, I supposed.

 

"Oh, you're back, welcome home. The dinner's prepared so we should dig in, you must be hungry, right?" my mother said from behind, I closed my eyes in fear, in minutes shoutings and scolding will injure my ears badly. There's the consequences for yelling at mother.

 

"Honey, why are your eyes glassed? You okay?" father asked my mother's condition, okay here goes nothing...that's what I thought until I heard my mother's answer.

 

"Oh, nothing, I felt sleepy and my yawn came with tears, I must be exhausted, somehow." she lied. She protected me from my father's anger, both of us knew how things will turn if he gets angry, so sometimes we lie to protect ourselves. But this time, I didn't see any reason for her to protect me, maybe it's mother's instict to care about her son, I'm sorry, mom...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean what I said, I cried through my heart.

 

"Is that so? Well, let's just fill our appetite and go to sleep if you're sleepy." then Father took the honor to sat in the chair first, I sighed in relieve, I didn't get scolded thanks to my mother, but I must apologize for shouting at her face, I never did that on purpose, though. My mother and I sat down as well, we started to eat dinner as if nothing happened, we talked peacefully, mother didn't mind at all, at least that's what I thought. Just when things were going the way I wanted to be, in the end of dinner, my father started a topic that's the last thing I want to hear.

 

"So, tomorrow's the start of summer holiday, right? After three years of waiting, we shall restart our family practice again. We're going to have another guest starting tomorrow, you already know what's coming, right, Yuki?" since we moved to Tokyo, father found that it was harder to invite family member to Tokyo than in Sendai, because most of our family lives here and where they would go won't make a diffference, I thought this "family practice" has long gone from his mind, but I was dead wrong. My heart wanted to protest, if there's anybody staying here, none other than Sunny can fill that place. She promised to visit me three years ago before the earthquake happened, did she keep that promise? Or is she too busy to remember it? Way to go, Sunny.

 

I stood up, I didn't want to hear about anything that concerns Sunny, it's somehow related and father didn't know how painful it is to me for somebody taking her place, I knew he would stop me, but I don't care.

 

"Where are you going? I'm not finished yet." he inquired.

 

"Father, bring anyone you want to this house, to tell you the truth, I'm sick of this practice of ours, why can't I spend summer alone peacefully like I did in these past three years, it's the best idea. What's worse, you put someone to stand where she stood. I can't believe how selfish you are. Bring as many people as you want, but don't expect me to take care of them, I'm going upstairs and I don't take any objections." I confessed, my father can only sat there with his mouth open, he thought that I will always follow his orders, well, you thought wrong. It's time for me to move on, I didn't have to torture myself anymore. 

 

Soon as I closed the door of my room, I screamed in order to release my frustration. I kicked the chair in my room, and made everything messy by my chaotic actions. Why? Why is everyone happy bringing up that name in front of me, he's the third one who mentioned her in one day. Question after question filled up my mind and it drove me crazy. I panted once I'm done destroying the whole space, I threw myself on the bed, staring at ceiling blankly. 

 

"Sunny, when can I go back to your arms again? Sigh...this is so discouraging, I should head to sleep, I need a proper rest." then I pulled my blanket and go to sleep in despair, tomorrow will be another drag I'm sure. If only she's the one who's coming, I wouldn't mind at all. I wish I can turn back the time to three years ago and go with her and SNSD, that way, I can always stand beside her, beloved by her everyday, not like this...

 

Tokiyo's (Yukiya's Mom) POV

 

Great, just great, a moment ago he yelled at me, even if it hurts, I hoped that it will satisfy him, but this heartless man started to make another ruckus again. I stared at him sharply who continued to eat even when his son just got pissed off by his words, he noticed me staring at him not long after he's enjoying his meal.

 

"What? Is there something wrong on my face?" he dumbly asked, I can't believe this man is his father, he knew nothing about him.

 

"There is nothing wrong on your face, but there is in your heart. Didn't you hear our son's screaming in his room moment ago? How do you feel about that? I soothed him in minutes while the next second you bring another ruckus to this house, you know how much he hates it if someone's talking about his sister, moreover, you mentioned about your-so-called family practice that supposed to brought her back in Sendai. What's with you, really?" I angrily asked, this man needs to be taught some lesson about taking care of his son, I thought my words would knock his heart, apparently it didn't work, I realized it right away in his answer.

 

"Hmph, teenagers, they think they know everything. What is he, a kid? Screaming upon missing her sister like that, he is a nineteen-year-old man, he should be standing on his own. Don't worry, he'll get over it in time like he always does. You know him more than I do, you're the one who gave birth to him." he tried to assure me casually, continue eating his unfinished dinner, if I were Yukiya, maybe I would be as frustrated as he was. Pity, he got such an ignorant father.

 

"Besides, the one who is coming tomorrow is his favorite, he didn't even ask me because he's too busy to got angry with me, what's better is she is coming with her two sisters, she said she's currently recording an album of her group in Japan again, you should be happy I invited the right person in." he added.

 

Did my ears deceive me? Or was he referring to someone else? I thought I heard the word "she" and "sisters", then I must have thought it right, I gave him a face of not believing, but his smirk made me sure of it, tomorrow, the one who's coming is Yukiya's beloved sister, Sunny. Wait until he hear about this, I'm sure he will jump in joy. 

 

"Let's not tell him, he said that he will not take care of anyone who comes here, we'll see about that." he proudly stated, he knew from the start that Yukiya won't miss a thing about Sunny, tomorrow is going to be a nice surprise for you, son. Be prepared, and one thing I have to correct, his father is indeed his a true father. He still wanted the best for his son, I'm proud of both of them. I hope you have sweetdreams, Yukiya.

 

-One Day Later-

 

Yukiya's POV

 

It's a sunny day, wish my heart can be as bright as today. I stared at the condition of my room, after causing catastrophe last night, I didn't even remember that I locked the door unconciously. I went downstairs, cleaning myself, I saw my face, it looked horrible as it can be, my hair was messy, I guess I was too addle-brained, sometimes I wondered, is this the student of University Of Tokyo? What an attittude, this is the result for getting worked up three times in a row. Speaking of getting worked up, I felt too quiet here, usually there's screaming and shouting even though it's morning, father never mind about time when it comes to boil other's heart, I looked at the wall clock, it's ten in the morning already, that's weird,  the longest time he would let me asleep in holiday would be eight in the morning.

 

"Ting Tong!" I heard the sound of ringing bell as soon as I'm done cleaning myself, I wonder who is it? Nah, it doesn't matter, maybe it's another irritating cousin of mine that my father mentioned, I already sworn that I will not take care of him or her, regardless who the person is. Minutes passed, still no sign of father or mother will be there to open up the door, Geez, where's that old-timer anyway? He went away without woking me up, not even leaving me a message, perfect, father. You're the most wonderful parent on earth for making your son angry and didn't feel guilty about it, wonderful,

 

"Ting Tong! Ting Tong! Ting Tong!" the person started to pushed the bell button annoyingly, my brows frowned, I sighed and took heavy steps toward the door. I paused while my hand was on the door handle, I thought to myself not to be too harsh on this guy who's coming, it wouldn't be fair that he or she should be impingement anger of mine without knowing the reason, okay, here goes nothing!

 

I opened the door, and there was....nothing, I supposed that it was nothing more than a prank those fad kids were playing, when I'm about to close the door, I felt someone jumped on me and hugged me, it felt warm, but a little bit heavy, who is this? How dare someone did this even though we never met with each other, I took back what I've thought, if I have to be hard on him or her, then I'll be hard as it is, it's so unpolite to did this in the first meeting.

 

"I miss you.." a beautiful voice called from my back, my jaw dropped upon what she said, I heard nothing wrong, that voice belongs to...

 

"Sunny? Is that you?" I turned my head timidly, my eyes widened when I saw Sunny hugged me from behind. Her beautiful looks changed a lot better, my sister was here...am I dreaming right now? Why is it even possible?

 

"Who else could I be, my dongsaeng Yukiya Hikari? I'm Sunny, your sister" she said with a wink, her playful gestures, her eyesmile, how I miss all of them, I can't believe it, the person I really miss in three years came back as she promised. It's too good to be true, but somehow, half of my heart was tempered, after all, this person changed me to both good and bad, I feel tempered, in the past year she barely contacted me, there's no reason I have to be good to her right away.

 

"Let me go, I can't walk if you continue to hold me like this. You should've told me that you're coming, I'm not even half-prepared yet." I coldly answered, it hurted me to act like this, but at least she have to feel what I felt, my everlasting pain that stayed still in my heart. 

 

"Oh, sorry." she released me upon my warning, she stared at the ground for a while, I knew she wasn't expecting this was coming, I knew what's on her mind. Serves you right, for making me suffer all these years.

 

"By the way, I invited two persons you might miss most, jjang!" Sunny presented persons she mentioned, it was Taeyeon and Seohyun, wow, both of them looked stunning as ever, I greeted them with a warm welcome and hugs, different welcome that I gave to Sunny. I looked at Sunny biting her lip, pretending to smile over the difference of our welcome. Don't worry, Sunny. I'm sure it won't last long.

 

"Sorry for bothering you in your holiday, Yukiya." Seohyun apologized sincerely. Her polite behavior and her friendliness didn't change a bit. 

 

"It's okay, here you go." I served them with teas, once again, I showed how unhappy I am in front of Sunny, when I gave the tea to Taeyeon and Seohyun, I placed their glass lightly and orderly in front of them, on the other hand, I placed Sunny's with a pound, making a little spilt on the table. Sunny's face turned pale once again, I believe she's thinking what's wrong with his little brother who used to be sweet as he can be. 

 

"Yukiya, do you mind telling me where the bathroom is?" Taeyeon inquired.

 

"No, of course. You just go straight there and the toilet's on the left." I pointed where she should go.

 

"Thank you, I'll be back soon." then she stood up and went there straight away, suddenly I heard a phone ringing, the sound came from Seohyun's pocket. Both Sunny and I stared at her while she's busy taking out the phone from her jeans. 

 

"Excuse me, it's Hyoyeon unnie." the she left us too, now it leaves Sunny and I alone, Both of us were speechless, for my reason, I didn't want to talk to her until she starts first, I bet hers, must be wondering what topic she should bring, one wrong, and I could go berserk to her.

 

"Yukiya...aren't you happy to see me?" she asked timidly, afraid to hear the answer, she stared the ground right away when I looked at her eyes sharply.

 

"Why shouldn't I? That's the thing I wished every year" I said, even though it sounded sweet, my gestures were still proud and arrogant, she smiled at me, she thought the problem's over, so I added to make this clear once and for all. 

 

"...But, I'm also angry" her bright smile started to fade away bit by bit, my statement stabbed her heart badly. She didn't know that the person she loves would say something like that straightforwardly, with no remorse. 

 

"Why? Did I do something bad to you? Why are you acting like this?" her voice sounded like a kid that's about to cry, a small, hesitating tone. She turned her head down once again, thought that  her brother has changed to a person she doesn't recognize anymore, I tried to get her hopes up.

 

"I'm angry that in the past year, you almost never e-mail me or texted me, I replied your words in hours, you replied mine in a month or two. I can't believe it, you said you'll never be feeling truly alive without me by your side, reality talks conversely, you seemed okay by replying me in that gap of time. I guess those words weren't even true that you're missing me, they we just mere words, right?" I stated coldly, my hands were shivering, I can't believe I said such cruel words, I knew she had her reasons, I can't wait to tell her the truth how I felt.

 

"That..that's..because I have such a tight schedule in this year, probably the tighest in my life, you must be thinking that I've forgotten about you, right? For your information, it isn't true, you may not believe it, but I never forget you a single minute in my life...I know it sounds like a lie if I tell you right now..at least I want you to know.." her tears fell, I didn't expect to came this far, please stop crying Sunny...you have to hear my next words..

 

"I know you always think about me, and I also know how tight your schedule can be. To be honest, I'm not angry to you, in fact, I'm angry ro myself. I said to you three years ago, right? I will be a stronger person the next time we meet, on the contrary, the day we separated was the day I started to grew weaker everyday. That's why I can't take my eyes off those e-mails and texts that you gave me, at least I knew you're still there. But...the numbers of those letters were decreasing everyday, from days, to weeks, to months..I started to doubt that you still need me, I thought this was the chance to train myself apart from you, but these days, I realized that I can't...I get worked up everytime someone reminded me of you, because it would pain me. I'm sorry Sunny, but I need you..and I miss you, more than anyone.." I approached her and gave her a hug, she hugged me back, both of us released tears, tears of relieve that we finally both to see each other again. 

 

"Yukiya..I'm sorry for not keep in contact with you, I didn't know that you'd be so lonely without me.." Sunny apologized in her tears.

 

"You don't need to apologize, noona. I'm happy enough that you're here, giving me an encouraging hug like you always do. Without you, my life felt empty, I have no one to share with, I'm lonely, like you said. Even now, I have lots of friends, but you see. There's no one who can fill emptiness that you left in my heart. I love you, Sunny." I tried to hold my tears back, but my effort ended up useless. There is no word that can describe my happiness right now, the person I adored, the person I missed most, the person I loved most, finally..were in my arms once again, then we broke the hug, smiled to each other, and wiped each others' tears. 

 

"Ahjussi said that you will never welcome any cousins of yours that's coming, and you'll not take care of them. Is that including me? If that's the case I'll just make myself at home while I'm staying. You don't need to worry about me." Sunny joked and eventually smiled again.

 

"It's not true! The reason I said that because I didn't want anyone to replace your position, you know..you should be in Sendai back in summer three years ago, until now, father never invited anyone to come to this house, I thought that he would replace you with somebody else today, but I guess I was wrong." I hate that old-timer, I look stupid in front of my own sister, just now I was thinking of bragging myself in front of her that I go to University Of Tokyo, now that plan is completely ruined. Thanks, father, you brought your own son on the edge of embarassment. Suddenly, Taeyeon and Seohyun joined our conversation after their businesses have finished, I hope she didn't hear what Sunny said.

 

"What brings you here, anyway?" I asked Sunny, trying to avoid the topic.

 

"Oh, SNSD is about to release their fourth Japanese Album, the album itself was finished and all the members were dismissed on holiday, some of the members went to another country, some of them went back to their homeland. Both Taeyeon and Seohyun have no plans on this holiday, me myself have arranged to come to your house from a long, long time, when I asked both of them to come with me, they agreed right away because they missed you so much, especially Taeyeon." she explained thoroughly. 

 

"Yah! Who said I missed Yukiya most?!" Taeyeon protested, in my heart, I hoped it is true that she's missing me.

 

"Well, the both of us, then" Before she continued to tweet, one thing crossed my mind.

 

"That means...you three are staying here?" 

 

"Um..in the meantime, yeah, we are staying. Taeyeon and Seohyun said, they have asked Ahjumma and Ahjussi's approval to let them live here until duty calls, Seohyun wasn't feeling okay when I asked her to join us, but Ahjussi insisted that the three of us should stay.  So, here we are, in your house. Don't worry, I'll be staying until our job in Japan is finished." she ended. 

 

I sighed in relieve, I've expected Sunny to stay, but the three of them at once in the same house! How more perfect my summer can be?  This is the result of patience of waiting for a long time, I've waited for three years, three came at once. 

 

"Are you bothered by our presence, Yukiya?" Seohyun asked.

 

"No, no! I'd love it if you guys want to stay, we have plenty of empty rooms that you can use. Thanks to you guys, my summer won't be as lonely as before, I thank you so much."  I bowed at them. This is nothing compared to how happy I am.

 

"Yah! Why are you being so formal? Forget it, we feel bad enough by staying, now you increase that feeling with that kind of attitude. Anyway, do you have any ideas of what to do?" Taeyeon asked spiritedly.

 

"Actually, Misaki invited me to come to her house along with Soojin, she said she wanted to cure my boredom. Do you want to come along? Wait till she sees you guys, I'm sure she will jump in joy." I said, there comes a smile on their faces. 

 

"Isn't Mizuki's the one who wrote that book of yours? I really want to see her. She's such a fantastic writer, I never got bored by her writings." Seohyun praised my best friend.

 

We'd love to go! I missed Soojin too! Okay! Maknae, let's go get the cars ready!" Sunny dragged Seohyun outside, I wanted to follow after them but somebody's hand pulling me over. Out of nowhere, Taeyeon kissed me in the lips with her eyes closed, I returned the kiss right away, I missed her pure kiss. Then we broke the kiss, she started to wrap her hands on my neck.

 

"How was it? Is it worse than the first time I gave you? Or...somebody has stolen that lips of yours?" Taeyeon cracked a joke.

 

"No, I would never ever give this kiss away to somebody else, why should I when I have Kim Taeyeon passionately kissing me? I miss this feeling with you, don't go away from me again." I hugged her tightly, our love has passed 3 years, but it stays unbreakable until now. Even though we only have faraway relationship, we believe in each other, that's why we stood still until now. Communicating through virtual worlds were never enough for the both of us.

 

"I miss this feeling too, I'll never go from your heart, I promise." Taeyeon said. We held each other like there's no tomorrow, I'm so delighted that she's staying my house, so we can supersede the time we missed in the past three years.

 

We entered the car, Seohyun's driving the car, Taeyeon's sittign in front, while me and Sunny stayed in the back, I did what I always do, leaning my head on Sunny's shoulder. I feel loved again, somehow. She smiled at me, that beautiful smile of hers didn't change a bit. Then, she leaned her head on mine, just like the way it was.

 

"Are you ready for another journey with me, Yukiya?" she whispered.

 

"Ready, when you are. Sunny noona."  I said confidently.

 

At first, I thought I would be another loner in summer this year, but with them, I'm sure this is going to be the best summer ever, now, I'm not alone, not anymore.

 

        

 

Although these people were strangers to me at first, they are now my family, even calling their name soothes me, and makes me want to cry my heart out. The best gift I've ever had in my life, a friend, a lover, and a loyal sister. I have cried and laughed a lot with these people, and I will probably laugh and cry more with them. I always thinking of them wherever they are, I prayed to our sorrows to end. And who knows, starting a new journey, may not be so hard, or maybe it's already begun.  I realize something in my extraordinary journey of life, that everything starts and ends, with a family.