Three Tears

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

When there's a meeting, there's a parting, but a chance of meeting again, is also possible. This cycle has been happening continously to every person in the world, including to our main character, Yukiya Hikari. This meeting is unlike the others, it contains hardwork, hope, and also the important thing, love. Don't miss this sentimental chapter!

 

Sunny's POV

 

Three days, and still no sign of success, that action I did in the concert was a pretty big hit to Japan, but on the second thought, it may not reach the ears of Yukiya's parents, or maybe...they aren't able to hear it again. What if they really lost in the depth of the sea? What if they are somewhere that we can't reach? A lot of what ifs' were on my head, making me distressed thinking about that vulnerable boy. 

 

At the beginning, I didn't expect this was coming, should I tell him to give up? No...only two results came to my head, it will broken his heart and he will hold grudge against me for the rest of his life. But...the more he expect, the more injury he would take if this continues. At the moment, he was happy to read those letters from around Japan, I didn't know how long his name would last, the only thing I'm sure that people will forget about him eventually, that's how fame works, it doesn't last forever.

 

He kept messaging and messaging back with one person named Mizuki, he said she's someone special for him now, I'm very happy he can found bliss in those things, nevertheless, how long will it last?

 

"Sunny, may I have the chance to talk to you?" Taeyeon requested with a mope face.

 

"Sure, unnie" i followed after her to Sooyoung's room, the eight others were waiting for us, the atmosphere were very tense, somehow I  knew they will talk of some topic that I didn't want to hear, I expected it will be bitter.

 

"Sunny...." my hand was grisped by Sooyoung's, she wanted me to sit beside her, I knew it's for encouraging me in the end, later. I sat down while taking a deep breath.

 

"Sigh...where should I start?" Taeyeon sighed.

 

"Just make it quick, leader. I know this won't be pleasurable, your faces say it all" they stared the ground, avoiding an eye contact with me.

 

"Arasso, Sunny...I know this will be hard for you, but I need you to listen carefully--" 

 

"I should give up on Yukiya, shouldn't I?" I blurted out what I had in mind, everyone put a shocked face, I must have hit the jackpot.

 

"How..did you know?" Jessica asked in disbelief, she didn't expect me to say those things directly.

 

"I've always known about you girls, those 3 years spending life you weren't for nothing" I joked, forcing myself to smile to them.

 

"Yeah, you are half right. I just received a word from S.M. Entertaiment that we will move to Paris soon due to the next SM Town, I don't know if we're able to take care of him there, this Japan trip it's a different case because you went here before the real schedule told you so, but not this time, Sunny. We're out of luck for sure" I frowned more and more everytime Taeyeon spoke.

 

"And...where do you plan to put him? Don't tell me you're going to put him back in the orphanage, that boy suffered enough" actually I didn't want to know the answer, but I had to.

 

"This is what I had in mind, I suggested he stay here and we'll pick him again since we'll come back sooner or later after the SM Town ended" the answer was not as bad I expected, although every seconds kill when I'm without him, there's no other choice, at the bright side, I don't have to lose him completely.

 

"And the other half..?"

 

"The other half is to...is to forget about his parents, sorry to say, Sunny, but it really is time to give up" Taeyeon said coldly, I stood up in anger over what I heard.

 

"Tae! You said you're willing to help him with your life! How can you turn your back on him now?!" I rised my voice.

 

"I know I've said! It's just..I can't stand it anymore! That boy suffered much because of what he has done, like you said, Sunny. I don't know if this can get any worse, doesn't it pain you to see him like this?" Taeyeon rised her voice as well, although I can hear the sound of crying.

 

I fell in silence, Taeyeon's thoughful words left me unspoken.

 

"And did I mention that your action back then was a double-edged sword? Now we can no longer hide the existence of Yukiya, he may rised his fame, but that only while fame has affected his life with us forever, did you even expect this is coming, Sunny? "As the matter of fact, even manager oppa has found out that you were living with Yukiya all this time when he's not around, he's so pissed off right now." 

 

I gulped my saliva, there's no words to counter her, actually there was, but I'm sure she has the right words to counterback, so I decided to kept silent.

 

"So what it is going to be? Are you going to stay with him when we're back in Seoul even if it means you have to neglect us and make us the power of eight, or do you rather stay with us and keep an eye for him from afar, it's your choice, Sunny, either step down or fight." Taeyeon may have said cruel things, but her eyes were glassed, I guess she didn't stand a chance either.

 

I took a deep sigh, and I closed my eyes. Memorizing all the moments with my  sisters I spent all these years, the laughter we shared together, the tears we made, every irreplaceable moments that I won't forget for the rest of my life, and...I started to think about him, in reality, I've spent only months with Yukiya, but it's like it's been years already. The adventure, the excitements we shared, it's the same, irreplaceable as well. And now, they asked me to chose between them? Every choice is killing me, how I can ever choose? Thinking about living  separately it the last thought I wanted to have...

 

"Sunny, for your information, the eight of us will support any decision you choose, so don't mind us" Sooyoung's tears ran through cheek, but she smile towards me, which made me even harder to chose.

 

I washed all my tears that I even realized that were running, I tried to act strong, but in the end I'm nothing but a frail girl. 

 

"Taeyeon unnie, Sooyoung unnie, kamshahamida, you made me realize how pabo I am, if I am about to make the decision, can't you at least consider me to see one of my choice first? After that, I promise I'll decide, and I will never betray my decision, I'll stick with it until the end" I meant to see Yukiya, so I can really cross my heart.

 

"As you wish, off you go" Taeyeon smiled and put hugged me, she whispered while her tears fell on my shoulder. "Whatever you choose, don't regret it, as I always say" she reminded me her motto.

 

I broke the hug and dashed to my room, before I approached him, I washed my face on the nearest sink, I have to be brave, I've promised myself that i won't be selfish anymore.

 

"Sunny noona, where have you been?" he asked me.

 

"I...uh..I went out with my girls for a while" I lied unconciously, glad I said that right away, he musn't know yet.

 

"Oh so that's where you've been, I've been looking for you, actually."  then he examined the letters again, continuing what he has done before I came over. I saw his happy expression looking at them. I stared at him for a while, I took my time as long as I can, since this can be the last time, this time it's for real.

 

"Sunny? What's wrong? Is there something on my face?" he asked weirdly, but that innocent smile made me go over and crashed him, he was stunned for a while, but he hugged me back.

 

"Why? Sunny, what is it?" I left him unquestened, for me, he one of the thing I cherished most, how can I ever leave him? My eyes were glassed once again, but I managed to held it, he can't notice I'm crying over him at the moment.

 

"Yukiya, can I ask you one question?" I asked timidly.

 

"Feel free to ask, noona." he rubbed my back.

 

"...I'm sorry to say, but..if we failed to find your parents, what will you do? I'm sorry to ask you such painful question, but I had you know.." my words can't go on, it hurts me and him enough to ask such question.

 

"I wouldn't worry much, although I still believe I can find my parents, if I fail..let's say..I still have my old noona, Lee Soon-Kyu a.k.a SNSD's Sunny to keep me company, for infinity and beyond." I stopped breathing at the moment, I can't believe he said such encouraging words.

 

"Thank you, that's all I needed to know" I broke away from his reassuring hug, wish I can do it a little longer, unfortunately, my unnies must be waiting for me for my answer, I cna't waste any seconds.

 

"I'm so proud of you.." I touched his face slowly, feeling his white smooth skin. I gave a smooch on his cheek, he smiled afterwards, and kissed my cheek back. I always love when he does that. I'm no longer indecisive, that girl I looked in his eyes was about to make the biggest decision in her lifetime.

 

Only steps away before I approached the door, I heard that my phone was ringing, I wiped my tears and picked it up, I heard a  voice thatI thought I'd never heard.

 

"Hello, is this Lee Soon-Kyu speaking?" ahjussi's deep voice made me paused.

 

"A..Ah...Ahjussi?! Is that you?!" I asked in disbelief.

 

"Who else could it be? Come out! I need to see my son!" he said thoroughly.

 

I dropped my phone in instance, I never thought he would call me right away, my vision has gone blur, I don't know how to react, confusion dominated my mind. My body's shivering.

 

"Sunny?! Gwenchanayo?" Yukiya stood up and helped that was about to fall. I turned around to see his face, his worried face, I'm sure this news will vanish that expression.

 

"They're...they're back! Yukiya, your parents are back! They are waiting for you outside! Wait' til I tell this to the other unnies, I'm sure they would love to see them!" I cried but forcing a weak smile at him, both of my tears and smile represented my feelings right now.

 

"Wha..What?! Sunny, are you sure?! Are they here?!" he asked in disbelief.

 

"Yeah! I'm 100 % sure! They said they saw your speech in the concert, hurry and go see them! I'll tell the unnies first then I'll go with you!" I said with excited feelings.

 

"Okay!" he was about to run, but he turned around and gave me an encouraging hug.

 

"Thank you" he said shortly, the he's off to see his parents.

 

Yukiya's POV 

 

I can't believe it, Ican't believe it! They are really back! I wish I can scream in excitement and make the whole hotel realize that I finally about to see my parents again, Sunny was running with me but we went separate way, she dashed to Sooyoung's room instead where the others noonas were staying.

 

I panted when I reached the lobby, then I saw two figures of my dreams, they looked at me with the eyes of not believing that their son has came back from the dead. I jumped and crashed and ended up in my mother's and father's arms, I cried sentimentally at that moment, finally the most important persons at my life came back and held me tightly once again.

 

"I'm..I'm back." my tears kept running as I see my mother's eyes.

 

"You're home." My mom said kindly, I held her again in happiness, this is the moment thatI got my old life once again, with my beloved parents I've lost for a long long time.

 

Sunny's POV

 

The last turn and I'd be able to see Yukiya's with ahjumma and ahjussi once again, my mind said I should be happy for him, but my body refused to approach him, although the other unnies were already greeting them, I saw him from afar, my tears ran again, I can't count I've cried over him today, it's just...today was a very special day, the day he meets his parents will be the day I part with him, today the cloudy weather who was with him all the time has gone, they've gone to my side right now. I looked with an almost fading vision that was full of tears. 

 

"Usually, at this kind of moment, there will be your bestfriend that says "I know how you feel", do I have the honor to do it?" because I was so crushed to found that my little brother was taken away from me, I didn't realize, Taeyeon and Seohyun were standing behind me all along.

 

"Taeyeon unnie, Seohyun..." I sobbed and threw myself before them.

 

"I know how you feel, Sunny.." the three of us cried hard, three tears of joy, three tears of sadness, flown at the same time that night...