Near End

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

People started to realize and accepted Yukiya's existence as Sunny's adopted little brother, unlike other things, nobody mind about him since he himself gave quite a show to them, even mass media don't turn any facts about him, he was quite a news now. Due to the rising of his fame, somebody finally start showed up...

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I can't be more clearer than the crystal I'm being, I'm reading letters, something that I never get from my friends, usually if it's them, they would just support through e-mails and texts, actually they are both the same with these letters, but I don't know...I really appreciate these people who even bother to wrote with their own hands themselves, the handwriting, the marks of undeleting, the white-outs, what I caught is...they really wrote these carefully, mindfully, and the best part is they addressed this letter to just one stranger, and that's me. I can't held my tears, it's not because I received such fan letters, but by the love and care they showed me. They are my friends who wanted to enlighten my burden.

 

I continued to read, some of them caught my mind, even a little bit support like "Don't give up finding your parents!" already encouraged me. There is one, one letter I adored most, it's from a girl, she wrote to me with so many letters and even dressings on the paper. 

 

"Yukiya-san, it was so nice meeting you! My name is Mizuki, I've been a SNSD fan since 2008, but my love to them grew because they have you in the group! I was so envious of you when I heard that you're Sunny unnie's little brother, wish I can fill your position! Hehe, I'm just kidding XP I've watched the concert and it made me happy enough, but when you stepped up on the stage, I got home with tears of joy, who would ever thought that there will be you standing there and amaze me. I was teared up when I heard that you lost both of your parents, and I even teared more when you said you wanted to help our brothers and sisters that needed our help, you led me to those did things I thought I'd never do, you were my inspiration to donate to those people, you taught me that everyone could be any help, that the best man is the one who help the others. I really hope I can get a reply from you, no, I wish I can meet you in person to see who you really are, but, on the second thought I knew it's impossible because you're now a celebrity all over Japan haha :D I still wished about it though, to meet my hero, Yukiya Hikari."

 

Sincerely, your number one fan,

Mizuki.

I repeatedly read her sincere and kind words, she made me feel that I'm more than I've become, I really want to meet this kid badly. Natural disaster may brought misfortune to my life, but not making mine the worst. 

 

After I'm done reading these touching letters, I swept the tears that was running on my face and went out of the room, I saw an awkward view, my SNSD's sisters were playing by themselves  pretended not to see me, they crowded the hotel hall in exchange, I wondered why they are here.

 

"Noonas, what are you guys doing here?" I asked curiously.

 

"Ah? We...we were just going to visit you! You didn't came back to breakfast room after you set off, we were worried about you." Taeyeon words were stuttered somehow, she said she and the others were here because they're worried, but I'm pretty sure back then I said I was done eating...so why would I bother come back? One thing slipped my mind and...

 

"You saw me crying, didn't you?" I blushed upon my question, if they were really see me, I'd like to run off, crashed through those window and fall in embarrasment.

 

"Annyeo! Who said we did?" Sunny's hesitant voice made me felt confident even more that they peeked through the room.

 

"Sunny noona, you are really bad at lying aren't you? I can see through your lies like a book." I replied confidently.

 

The girls played with their fingers, dear, I really want fall right now.

 

"Ne arraso, we peeked at you, sorry for not giving you a space to be alone, but what I said was not a lie, we were worried about you, that's why we denied when we said we didn't see you, I thought you would jump off those window in embarrasment because we girls saw you sobbing, Mianhe, jeongmal mianhe, Yukiya" Taeyeon said as she read my mind completely.

 

"Haha, I wouldn't do that" I lied. 

 

"There's no need to hide your tears away from us, we even cried in front of you once, right? We're a family that stayed in the same roof so seeing each other crying is not something we can bear" Yuri said with soothing voice.

 

"Yeah, I can't argue with that, it's not a big deal anyway. Still, It's embarrasing though, haha. Did you guys have looked the letters of yours or you were too busy seeing me crying?" I joked to my sisters.

 

They started playing with their fingers again, the situation became as awkward as it can be. Then we bursted in laughed because of that. I tried to break the ice and asked Sunny.

 

"Sunny noona, do you mind if I reply one of those letters? There's one who is anxious to get a reply from me, that girl...seems nice, I hope we can be friends afterwards, but if you don't give me the permission, that will be fine for me"' I asked, hoping that she will approve.

 

"A girl? Wow...I bet that girl is DYING to get your reply, Yukiya" Yoona joked, emphasize the word "dying" like the girl's life depends on my reply.

 

"Of course not! For what reason I should stop you contacting your fan girl? Feel free, Yukiya. But if you wish to do so, give the letter to me so I can arrange the delivery, don't worry, I wouldn't peek at your letter, promise." Sunny said, my heart jumped in joy.

 

And so, with Sunny's permission, i started to write a letter to Mizuki, at first I was nervous, how will I face the girl who called me a hero? I'm nothing but a plain 16-years-old-boy, nothing more than what she said, I wasn't worth that calling. But, as I write the letter, I'm getting used to it. Subconciously, hundreds of letters were written in the paper. When I'm done, I put it and closed the envelope that contains my answers. 

 

"That was quick" Sunny said in amaze when I handed her the letter, I trust her with her life that she wouldn't peek, she's not the one who would lie to me except when it comes to my happiness.

 

"Yeah, now, can I count you on this, noona?" I asked,

 

"Of course, you can always count on me with your matters" she reassured.

 

My heart's racing, I wondered myself why I was this excited for just replying a letter, maybe it was hard to socialize with people who truly feel sorry about our apprehensive condition. I just hope she get what she wanted, I was disappointed though, that there are no letters with the name of "Hikari" I supposed they didn't watch noonas' performance nor heard of it, but this is way beyond better than I expected, for now I shall continue to be friends with Mizuki, because it eased up my heart, somehow.

 

Tokiyo's (Yukiya's Mom) POV

 

Endless days and endless night passing by through my empty life, even if my husband is still standing  beside me, my life will never be the same, not without my son, Yukiya. it has been months and we received no news, we didn't expect to get one though, the chance of him alive was one to million, even though I prayed day and night that in one morning, my husband would wake me up telling that he has found our only son, that morning, never came to live.

 

"Tokiyo, honey, are you there?" my husband snapped me back to life.

 

I just realized we're on a taxi, riding to my friend's house. My husband kept telling me to go see her to make me feel better, she is my bestfriend since high school, but I don't know seeing her would make me feel better or not, I can't guarantee.

 

"Ye..yeah, I'm fine" I sighed, my imagination were ruined, nowadays, I kept daydreaming about meeting him and hold him tightly.

 

"Fine? You call that pale face, a fine one? You seemed very weak, rest up will you?" he suggested, but how can I rest? All this time I can't even close my eyes in peace, nightmares kept bothering me everytime.

 

"I'm fine, really" I lied.

 

"You really remind of him, always thinking about someone else, but never mind your own. Please rest, Tokiyo, Dr. Minwoo said your health condition wasn't good, right? Even your heart's condition is getting worse and worse, what's with you?" he mumbled, I have nothing to say, I have nothing in mind actually, only image of his face.

 

"If you say so" I sighed in defeat, leaning on him and try to sleep in the car. He told me he will wake me up when we get there.

 

"We're here" he shook me and woke me up, I feel better and more fresher, only a bit, though.

 

We got off the car and rang the doorbell, the air was a bit cold, so I expected her to open the door soon before I froze in this chill.

 

"Who is it?" A familiar voice came out from the interphone.

 

"It's Tokiyo, Misaki" I said.

 

"It's you? Wait, I'll open up the door" as soon as we ended our little conversation, the lady of the house showed up in a hurry, maybe she didn't want us to stand here for too long.

 

"How are you, Tokiyo?" she asked, if I could ask myself, I'd rather said that I've never been worse than this.

 

"Never been better" I lied again.

 

"Come in, it must be freezing out here, sorry if I took so long" she showed us the way to her house. As we entered the house, she called his husband and her daughter's name.

 

"Yuji! Mizuki! Come down! We have company!" she shouted.

 

Two figures came down with a tidy clothes, I thought they were expecting us. One is a man who is as old as my husband, one is a girl that seems to be as old as Yukiya, only she is a bit shorter.

 

"Long time no see, my friend! It's been a while" the man greeted and bumped my husband.

 

"Yeah, I've never had a chance to visit Tokyo before, so we had trouble keep in contact, but now we live here. It's good to see you" he replied.

 

"It's good to see you guys too" he smiled  to us.

 

"Mizuki, go greet them" the girl who was standing still with a smile was asked to greet us by his mother.

 

"Konnichiwa, auntie, uncle" she said fondly.

 

"Mizuki? Is that you? My, you've grown a lot since we met, now you're practically a beautiful lady!" I said in happiness. The girl blushed upon what I said.

 

"Let's have a dinner first, shall we?" the man of the house asked, he ordered his butler to serve the food they've been preparing, then we were off to dinner, although I don't feel like eating, it's unpolite to reject their offer so I should just eat a bit, my appetite has lost the same time I lost my son.

 

We chatted along with the dinner, my mind was still preoccupied by Yukiya's image so I barely listen to them, everytime they try to talk me, my husband took my place and answered all their questions, all I did was playing with the food. Luckily, both Yuji and Misaki forgot about our son, if they remembered and asked, I might fell again because of stagnation, I really don't feel anyone to ask about him, knowing that the answer can be as hurt as taking my life.

 

"Young lady, you have another letter for you" one of the servants said and handed an envelope to Mizuki, her face turned brightly seeing that envelope.

 

"Uncle, auntie, can you excuse me? I have a job to done" Mizuki said politely.

 

"Hey, are you going to write to him again? If so, forget about it, I command you to sit" Misaki glared at her own daughter, that glare made her sat back on the chair and stared at the table blankly in embarassment, I feel bad for her.

 

"Misaki, she has her own bussiness so why don't you let her go? I wouldn't mind though. Seeing her is a pleasure enough for me" I said to Misaki, calming her down. Mizuki smiled towards me, knowing she had received a support from her guest.

 

"Fine, go upstairs, then" Misaki sighed in defeat and commanding her to leave, Mizuki's face turned bright again. She bowed to us respectfully and went to upstairs, we heard a slam, she's closing the door of her room, I supposed.

 

"Tsk tsk tsk, kids these days, they just can't take their eyes off their idol can they?" Misaki said showing her annoyance toward that girl who just went off.

 

"Idol?" my husband asked in curiousity.

 

"Yeah, that girl was lucky enough to get constant replies from her favorite idol, and now they kept exchanging letters each day" Misaki explained.

 

"That guy she idolized has a weird influence on her, though. She's now donating for orphans and doing regular job helping homeless people, we warned her not to do such dangerous things, but she said she will do it for a better future, she said their smiles are priceless for her, she even got herself strangled in the world of medicine, I wonder what's on her mind" Yuji added.

 

"That's funny, if that's the case, I would love to see that idol of hers, I need to learn from her to idolize such person, haha. What is his name, if I may ask?" my husband joked.

 

"I wonder....if I'm not wrong, she kept mentioning the name Yukiya..." Yuji said unsurely, my body vibrated as I heard that name. 

 

"Excuse me..will you be so kind to repeat his name?" I asked in disbelief.

 

"It's Yukiya, Tokiyo" Misaki cleared.

 

Me and my husband stood up in a shock, my actions made both Yuji and Misaki startled. The both of us saw each other and gave a "Could it be?" look,I just can't help but smile.

 

"Misaki, can I see Mizuki right now? I need to talk to her privately" I said.

 

"O...of course! But why would you see her? Was it something I said?" she asked.

 

"We have to figure out something and she might be the key to figure the problem" my husband said confidently.

 

Misaki led us to the front of her room, I knocked the door slowly. Then the girl showed up, surprised to see me again.

 

"Auntie? Do you need me or something?" she wondered.

 

"Yeah, I need to ask you a thing or two, do you mind if I come in?" I politely asked.

 

"Of course not, feel free to do so, auntie. I'll be glad to answer your questions" she replied.

 

I sat on her bed and she did the same, I must be feeling too excited that I didn't ask her permission to sat down. My mind was focused on one thing, and that would be the information about her idol, that may be, my son.

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

"Auntie, you've asked the very same question twice, and yes my answer would be the same, if you have one thousand questions then I'll be glad to answer those questions" she laughed.

 

"Your mother said you liked someone named Yukiya, what is his full name, if I might know?" 

 

"His full name is Yukiya Hikari, I believe" she said.

 

I closed my mouth and tears suddenly came down from my eyes on their own, how come he would be still alive and became an idol without me knowing it? My mind has gone these months and in result, I didn't bother to take a look at the TV anymore.

 

"Auntie, why are you crying? Are you okay?" Mizuki worried about me.

 

"That's my boy...that's my son!" I said sentimentally.

 

"Nani?! Is it true? Is that really true, auntie?" her eyes sparkled over my words earlier.

 

"Yes, he is, Mizuki...he is." I hugged Mizuki instinctly, I really couldn't express my happiness right now, days of searching, days for telling myself for not giving up on him, does pay. I was teared up in joy.

 

Our conversation was longer than I expected, of course it was because the topic was about my son, no one else but him. I started with questions how she got acquainted with him, and how he became an idol, she said he was not exactly an idol, but he was her role model, she explained a girl group named SNSD that she adored for long, and unexpectedly, the last niece that I've been expecting at my house was one of the member, Lee Soon-Kyu, she was known with the stage name of Sunny, here. She explained me that Sunny took him and adopted him as her little brother, all this time, Sunny was the one who contributed for keeping Yukiya. She also told me how he stepped on the stage that Sunny was on without any warnings, she showed the letters from him that made me cry more and more, I missed his beautiful handwriting and yet he hasn't lost the touch of his kindhearted words. In the end, Mizuki showed me the video when he was on stage.

 

"All I want to say is, aieru, otosan, okasan, I still hoping that I will be able to see your faces again, I'm living happily with my noonas by my side, but my life is not complete without you...I'm such a lucky person, to know that there are people who have worse fate. I have encountered many problems along the way here, it was an extraordinary adventure to spent with people who spent the same fate as me, I hope, my prayers will be answered to all those victims of the natural disaster that just occured, for my family, for Japan, and for myself. Arigatto...arigatto.." he hugged Sunny in instant after he ended his speech, I can hear his name was being cheered, Mizuki's voice was also in it.

 

"So he is the main reason you helped those people? I can't imagine he affected your life badly" I said while wiping my tears.

 

"Yeah, you should be proud of your son, he moved people's heart and did a very honorable job" my ears tingled when she considered Yukiya as a hero, he really is one of a kind.

 

"Thanks a lot, Mizuki. Because of you, I may reunite with my son again, Thank you, thanks you very much" I bowed at her with full respect, she deserved it.

 

"No, auntie! Please keep your head up, I'm happy that I was able to help, since you said I helped that much, can I ask you one big favor?" she asked.

 

"Anything, sweetheart" 

 

"If you don't mind...can I write his life story and make it a book? I found it was very interesting the way he lived, the way he survived, and the way he ended up to be Sunny's little brother. Can I write my first storybook, with him as a main character? I wanted to meet him so badly because I want to write my first story" she asked, I can't help but shocked, does her like him that much?

 

"Of course I don't mind, Mizuki. I'll make sure to arrange his meeting with you as soon as I meet him" I made her happy.

 

"Yeah! Thanks a lot auntie! I owe you a lot! If I released that book, I'll make sure you'll be the first person to read it"

 

"it's a promise, then"  I offered her a pinky promise which she accepted. Then I went down after I gained enough information from Mizuki, my husband looked at me with a worried face, but my smile vanished his worries right away, he knew what I will answer to him.

 

"Misaki, Yuji, we've been a bother since we came, thanks for the dinner and everything. We shall leave right now"

 

"Aww...can't you stay a little longer? Why are you in such a hurry?" Misaki invited.

 

"I'm sorry but I have to leave right away, because the most important thing in my life is waiting for me to pick him up. Thanks for everything" me and my husband bowed, and left. 

 

Just you wait, Yukiya Hikari, your waiting is about to end, father and mother is about to get your old life back, it's a promise.