My Fate Is Not As Bad As It Seems

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

"Now what do I do?" I muttered. I can't believe what's happening, this is so bad to be true. My home...no, my hometown's destroyed, everything vanished in split seconds. I still hold tight the picture of my family. Ican't think clearly, my mind's full of worries and fears "will I survive this? Even though I'm alive, I'm all alone...no one can help me, mother, father, please tell me what should I do..."

 

In my desperate time, Banzai me in the cheek, he tries to cheer me up. "Good boy" suddenly all my worries and fears disappear because of that kind creature, I'm lucky that I still have him. After a while, I realize that bemoan my fate won't change anything. "I have to survive! Yes! I believe in myself!" Banzai even look happier than before, his feelings depends on mine, I think. I wash my blood with water and I clean it up with my handkerchef, it feels better now.

 

The first thing I have to find is food....and a place to stay, for foods, there's no problem, many fishes that are available for me to catch, that's the good thing of being hit by the tsunami, you can open a fish store right away by taking those fishes, well if you survive, that is. Next, place to stay...in this rubble? No, I don't think so. I stare at what's left from my house, kinda sad to leave my house, but it ain't home again now.

 

My prediction was right, there are tons of dead fishes, so I gather some dry combustibles, and make fire out of it. Voila, the fire's ready and I grill the fishes, while waiting for the fishes, I check in pockets from clothes, wondering if there's something I can use on my journey, I've found my wallet, my card name, and a receipt, they're all wet, barely usable, but I check on the last pocket...and i found something very useful!  It's my handphone, and it's still on! Lucky I did buy that waterproof protector!

    

I try to dial every contacts that's on my phone, but nobody answers, maybe the connection is not available right now, I'll try again later. The fishes are ready to be eaten, I give some to Banzai who apperently seems to be hungry too. When I was eating, I heard a sound...is it a girl's cry? Banzai's ahead of me, he chases after that cry...and look what we found, indeed it is a girl crying

      

I approach the girl slowly, she seems to be as the same age as me. What to do? I don't think a "hello" is the approriate word right now, after all, she seems to be in the same condition in me, and she's all alone. So gently I put my hand to her shoulder, and she look at me with that long face...I feel sorry for her. But something unexpected happens, the girl hugs me for no reason, she say "I'm scared...scared.." I'm speechless for a second, at first I was embarrased but now I know why she did this, she's all alone, away from her family, maybe she lost her brother or sister, and I slowly put my hands on her hair and say "It's all right, you're not alone...not anymore" and that girl continues to hug me with her cold hands...