Unexpected Feelings

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

 This one starts with Yukiya's POV, Yukiya is going to keep his promise to Soojin rather than staying with Sunny, although Sunny is searching very hard to find him.

 

I hear the sound of the chirping birds, and I feel the sun rays warm up my body, it's morning already, it's been a day since I live in Sunnyday, I could've just go to Sunny's place...no! I won't do it, not until I find Soojin's brother, promise is a promise. I go wash up and go to breakfast.

 

The children were already making a line to take the foods, some of them already eaten, although it's only 06.00 A.M. then I see Akagi waiting for me with an empty chair beside him,  I take a chance to sit beside him.

 

"Hey, I've heard about Soojin" Akagi's words makes me a little bit in shock, when did he talk to Soojin?

 

"Yeah, what about her?" I asked, pretending that I don't know about her problem

 

"About her brother, I want to search for him as well. Will you help me?" He ask me, I'm still curious, if he's really doing it for real or just wanting Soojin's approval. Aftel all, I can see that it's clear that Akagi has feelings towards Soojin.

 

"Sure, I'll help you, I promised her to find her brother, I'm not going to break it" I reply him once again, but accidentally i use a tone that tells him that "I won't lose to you"

 

Suddenly, Soojin joins our conversation, "Wow, you guys just met yesterday but you're friends already"

 

"Haha of couse, we have many things in common" Akagi glance at me for a sec, I think he means we do like Soojin, both of us. Wait...I don't feel that way towards Soojin, what was I thinking?

 

"Soojin, I promise, I'll bring your brother back" Akagi talks to Soojin while holding her hands, it's like a romantic drama comedy. 

 

"Thank you Akagi, I appreciate it. Now, I'm going to search him, are you coming?"  she invites us to come with her

 

Just about we're going to go out, Akagi prevents us to go outside "It's dangerous"

 

"I know, but I'm ready to take a risk" Soojin say bravely

 

"You're not gonna find him this way, come with me"  Akagi asks the two of us to follow after him

 

He's going to the internet cafe in the dorm, luckily, this place has almost got everything that the occupants needed. He sits in the chair and ask Soojin "What's your brother's name?" 

 

"Shu, Shu Kimura" 

 

Akagi starts typing his name, he seems to know a lot about technology, I wonder if I can be any help. "There, in this site, www.japan.person-finder.appspot.com we can find a person that we wish to search about, now let's see...your brother....unspecified.

 

Everybody feel depressed with that unexpected result Akagi apologizes because he couldn't be any help, but only Soojin keeps her head up and talk "That means he's not yet discovered right? That means there's still a chance! Let's just try and think positive" then she set a smile towards us.

 

"Listen, if we're going out there, we have to ask Madam's permission" I opine, trying to act wisely.

 

"I don't think she's going to let us, we should just sneak in, and sneak back out" 

 

Akagi's opinion is terrifying but yet, right. We'll cause more trouble if we get into something there. The three of us agreed and sneak out of the dorm, on the way out, I see Banzai waiting for us, I ask him to follow us out, I ought to think that he's going to be more helpful than I do.

 

I got a crazy idea, but a worth-trying one. "Soojin, do you have something that belongs to Shu? Maybe, just maybe, he could track him down by searching his scents. She tries to find his belongings, and she gives me his handkerchef, I can see a name "Shu" signed there, she care about her brother much. "Banzai, can you find the owner of this?' then Banzai starts sniffing, sniffing and sniffing. But, the result is a big zero.

 

"Oh well, I guess it was worth trying" I say calmly, because I don't expect a thing from it either. We scream Shu's name many times, and we can see that the daylight goes fast when we're searching, it's almost sunset. Akagi and I are too tired to move, only Soojin's willpower that moves her.

 

"We...should...take a rest, Soojin" Akagi say it with full of exhaust. Soojin pretends that she didn't hear that and keeps on searching. Akagi and I rest in the pile of rocks, then Akagi say something that startle me.

 

"You like Soojin, right?" 

 

"What?! I don't..."

 

"Aah...so you don't, well, now I have no rival" he incline my word

 

"What are you talking about? This is no time for some chat like that..." 

 

"Okay okay I was just teasing you hahaha"

 

Soojin finally joins us and sit next to me, "Yukiya, are you not gonna see the person who phoned you? I bet that person is worried about you"

 

I want to talk her the truth but it will just make her insist me to meet Sunny, I don't wish for that. "No, that person maybe's still looking for me but I don't know if I can contact her again" I lie to her, because I don't want to hurt her, I know what's she going if I tell her the truth

 

"Then the three of us go back secretly, and we make it on time before dinner. Then we get back to our room, but Soojin go to other direction, not the same one as the girls. I ask her "Where are you going?" she doesn't answer my question and just walk away, I can see how sad she is.

 

I go to bed directly because I'm very tired, but my mind can't stop thinking about Soojin. I get up from my bed and go to the internet cafe, i think it's the first place that she ought to visit, and there she is, sleeping in front of the computer while it's being , II can see that she's still searching for her lost brother. She's crying in her sleep while sleeptalking in one word "Oppa....Oppa..."

 

I wrap her up with my jacket that I brought, and....this unexpected feeling, I just can't let her stay like this...will she find her brother, once more? 

 

Then I go to bed, and put my handphone on the desk, a minute after, the phone's vibrating, maybe it's another message from Sunny....yawn, but I'm so sleepy, I'll check on it tommorow.