Promise

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Soojin's endless effort for finding her brother has finally paid off, there's a good news that comes along. But, there's a conflict between her and her best friend, Yukiya.

 

Soojin's POV

I wake up in a disastrous condition, I feel stiffs all over my body because I was sleeping in front of the computer, the computer is still on...and there's a jacket that's unfamilliar for me, wrapping my body so I don't catch a cold, wonder whose jacket is this. I take a look at the computer...I want to give up after all that searching we've been through, I barely think that my brother is alive, I just want to give up. But suddenly there's a miraculous view on the internet, someone tell me, that Shu, is still alive!

 

I jump happily and cry with the tears of joy, I run quickly to Yukiya's room (I know it's kinda rude, but I can't help it) I break in to Yukiya's Room, and he's still sleeping. I can see that' he's very tired and realize that he's the one giving me the jacket. How kind this person can be? Suddenly I hear a ringtone from his handphone, who might that be?

 

I take the phone from the desk, and it's contact name is "Sunny", is it his family? No way...he said that there's no family that's going to take him, so who is this "Sunny"? I pick up the phone but I don't speak a word at all, i want to know the intention of the caller. i can hear clearly that she's talking while crying 

 

"Yukiya, why don't you answer my message..? Do you know that I miss you so much? Where are you...I don't know what am I gonna tell my unnies if I don't bring you with me..*sob* please, come back with me...dongsaeng *sob* I must go home tommorow...why are you so stubborn to me? *sob*".

 

I turn off the phone in shock and stare at sleeping Yukiya, "Why...why Yukiya? You've got a family that's been sick waiting for you? Why don't you go to your...sister?" I think sadly, and angry too, "Why do he have to lie to me? Is it....because of his promise? His promise to me? No....it's not right" I check on his phone and there are lots of messages that came from Sunny, there are some messages that haven't been read too, the last one text like this

 

"Yuki, I don't know why do you refuse to come back with me, we can have a family time together, laugh together and cry together with the family, but why are you being so selfish? Don't you know that I'm dying just to see you? I have to go back the day after tommorow, so please, let me take you home from this horrid situation..."

 

Her words "dying just to see you" is what hurts me the most, it's not just a metaphor, I think she's telling the truth, judging from the way she talked to me earlier...I leave the room quietly

 

Yukiya's POV

 

"*yawn* what a morning..." I say to myself. I check on my handphone, it's place has moved from last night, maybe I did some sleepwalking. I remembered that last night my phone was vibrating, but there's no warning of a new message. I take a look on my inbox, and there's a new message that I've never read, but it's not a new mssage, the message has been read. I've got a bad feeling about this...

 

I go wash up and breakfast as usual, but I don't see Soojin nor Akagi, I wonder where the two went? After the breakfast, I walk to internet cafe once again, and I see akagi and Soojin, the two are discussing about Soojin's brother, and finally their conversation ended with Akagi saying "Okay! Let's go find your brother!"

 

"Shall I come and help you?" I appear in front of them, but the two of them don't seem surprised, like they don't want me to be with them. Soojin say "Yuki, I heard that Madam Aki wants to talk to you, you should go to her place" then Soojin and Akagi run along.

 

I go to Madam Aki's place, but I should wait because lots of people wants to see her, and it's my turn finally, I knock and open the door.

 

"Why, Yukiya how are you, dear? Please, take a seat" she offer me a chair

 

"So...what brings you here?" her question is unexpectable

 

"What? Didn't you summoned me for a talk"

 

"I wonder....nope, I'm sure I've never summoned you. Is that all you want to know?"

 

Soojin, what's the meaning of this? I think about her, there's something strange..."Well, since I'm here, I want to ask you a question, Madam"

 

'Feel free to do so" she reply kindly

 

"Actually, there's someone....out there in Tokyo, she's my cousin, and she wants to bring me to her home in South Korea, and adopt me as her little brother"

 

"Isn't that a marvelous news? So you want to meet this girl, shall I help you with the transportation? After all, the children can't stay here forever, they should find a rightful place to stay. I'm so happy for you boy" she is enthusiatic

 

"That's the problem Madam...I don't want to go, not before I find Soojin's..."I stop my words, afraid that Madam will say everything to Soojim

 

"What's with Soojin? The girl that came with you? she asks me curiously

 

I should tell her the truth, now that maybe she could be a help "Yes, the truth is, she's now searching for her lost brother, she said to me that someone told her that he's brother's alive, but we don't know his whereabouts, I promised to her that I'll help her until the very end...Madam, what should I do?" 

 

She put her hands on my shoulder and encourage me "Do what do you think's the best, don't do something that you'll regret later. If I were you, I will go to your sister, because if Soojin does know about this, she might be feel bad about herself for keeping you here"

 

I think to myself, her words are right...but how should I tell Soojin? 

 

"Well, thank you Madam, you've been a great help"  

 

"Anytime, my boy"

 

It's dinnertime, and I see Soojin and Akagi eating together, but they separate themselves from me, there's someting odd today, I just know it. after the dinner I pull Soojin's hand that about to escape from me, and I ask her "Why did you lie to me? Madam Aki didn't expect me" 

 

"Oh, I must've been mistaken, sorry" she release her hand from mine

 

"What's with you today?" I ask with an angry tone

 

She doesn't reply, I know she heard it but she pretend not to hear me and she's about to walk away

 

"LOOK AT ME!" I yell loudly, fortunately there's only me and her. 

 

She's trembling for a second and she slap me in the face!

 

 "What was that for?!" I ask her rudely

 

"For.....for lying to me all the time!" she cries and start speaking loudly "Your sister is worried about you! And you said that she's no longer be there for you! Do you know about her pain, her feelings, and her heart?! Do you know what it feels to lost a brother?!"

 

I see now, she's the one who took a look at my phone in the morning. I've got no brother nor sister so I couldn't counter her words, it's like a knife stabbing my heart, her pain, I just suffer it now...

 

"But, it's because of..."

 

"Because of what?! Because of me?! Do you think I'd be happy if your promise makes her cry?! Don't you know it hurts me too?" she cut my words before I could even finish it, she then fall while crying...

 

I approach her slowly, I'm afraid that Im going to hurt her feelings again and apologize to her "I'm sorry...Soojin, I didn't mean to hurt you"

 

She hugs me quickly like the way she did when the first time we met, and say something straight to my right ear "Yukiya, PROMISE ME!" she scream but not too loud, "Promise me you'll meet her tommorow, I don't want her to feel the same way as I do. Please do it for my sake..."

 

"...I promise" tthen I feel the same when I met her the first time