Days Before Departure (Day 1/3) - The Others' Decision

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Yukiya has made his decision, but Sunny isn't really sure about hers, she doesn't know this is the best she can do? Doubts and questions begin to fill her mind, and she's concerned about it.

 

Sunny's POV

 

"Uurgh...That was a good night sleep" I stretch my body, I look at the clock, oh my it's 10 AM already! I must prepare the breakfast!" I rush to the dining room, but Yukiya's already there, eating silently, with no expression. I sit there as well, trying to communicate with him. 

 

"Yukiya" he doesn't respond, lost in his thoughts.

 

"Yukiya!" I increase the ton of my voice.

 

He snaps back to the real world "Yeah, Noona, were you talking to me?"

 

I don't know how to react, I'm a bit annoyed because he ignored me completely, but I should understand how he feels.

 

"I'm going to the SNSD dorm, are you coming?" unnies might be able to cheer him up. That's what I think.

 

"No, thanks." he leaves after he said that.

 

"Na Oetteokhae...I'm not really into this, but I have no choice, if I forbid him to go, maybe he will act rashly again," I mumble, unsure if I did the right by letting him go, thought that it'll all be fine if I come with him, but I'm still feeling uneasy.

 

I enter our room, and he's still there, in a depressed state, listening to the radio, probably wondering if he is going to hear any news about his friends. He doesn't even talk, eat or neither does he do any other activities, just listens to the radio desperately, he doesn't even feel my presence. I close the door, I know cheering him might only hurt him even more.

 

I try to reach Seohyun, she's the closest person to Yukiya after me, maybe maknae knows him the best. 

 

"Yeoboseyo, unnie, what is it?"

 

"Can you come over? I need you right away."

 

"Arraso, I'll be there."

 

I wait for her arrival impatiently, it's really an emergency that I need her terribly. 

 

"Unnie, I'm here." hearing that makes my heart calmer.

 

"Come in, please sit here." 

 

"What is it? This is so unlike you unnie, you're sweating." she removes my sweat with her handkerchief, I don't realize I'm this panic.

 

"There is something I need to talk about, it's about Yukiya. He's not like himself lately---After he heard that his friends are lost in Japan."

 

"I'm so sorry for him?" she says, concern lacing voice "And what are you going to do?"

 

"The plan is...I'm going to Japan with him."

 

"What?! Unnie we're going to have a concert do you remember?"

 

"Relax, I'll be going after that."

 

She sighs, her mimic changes since I said going to Japan, she might not want to lose Yukiya.

 

"Ya, don't get sad too, I need you to cheer him up, not let him down,"

 

"Okay, unnie, where's he right now?"

 

I point to the room, but I don't want to go there, it feels tense somehow. Anyway, I excuse myself to go and leave everything to Seohyun, there's something I must do, that is to ask permission to unnies.

 

Seohyun's POV

 

I enter the room slowly, seeing him like this injures my heart,he's just sitting in the corner looking at the window with a vacant, faraway look in his eyes. Everything feels cold. I don't know how to comfort him, even Sunny unnie failed.

 

He doesnt even notice me. I bring some food for him to eat, but I guess this won't work.

 

"May I come in, Yukiya?" I ask him but he doesn't reply me.

 

"Yukiya..?"

 

He jumped, finally he noticed me "Geez! Oh it's you, Seohyun, I didn't know you were there." 

 

"It's okay, I brought you some food, do you want to eat?"

 

"Nah, I'm not hungry, thanks. I'll eat it later" he looks at the window again, not paying attention to me now.

 

"Shall we go out together?"

 

He doesn't answer, he just shaking his head.

 

"Or do you want to--"

 

He stands firmly and yell "Look! I don't want to do anything right now! Can't you see?!"

 

II stunned in silence. Those words are way too cruel...I can't believe what he just said, that's not Yukiya I know.

 

He's just as shocked as I am and breathes in deeply. "I'm sorry Seohyun, I just want to be alone right now, I don't know what to do. My friends are suffering meanwhile I have to wait here to let them suffer even more" he apologizes, I understand that I'd feel the same if I were him, there's no point forcing him to be happy again. I sit beside him, rubbing his hair, somehow I just want to try to make him feel better.

 

Out of the blue, he hugs me while crying on my shoulder, it turns out that this calm boy can cry too when it comes to his friends. Pitifully, he keeps whispers "Seohyun...Seohyun...what should I do?"

 

"Everything's going to be okay, dongsaeng, trust me"

 

 

Sunny's POV

 

Here I am, standing in front of the dorm. Actually, I wish I never have to tell them, but I have no choice, it's for Yukiya's sake. If I don't tell them, who will? This isn't just about me, it's about them too and most of all, about Yukiya.

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Sunny, come in." Yoona opens the door.

 

"Unnie, it's an urgent, can you tell the others to come here?"

 

"Sure" she calls the other members.

 

I tell them what exactly happened, I ask for their decision, they can't come to a conclusion, perhaps they don't want me to go, because it would cause trouble for them, but they aren't that heartless, they're afraid what will happen to Yukiya if I don't accompany him.

 

"We can't let you go, not this time, dongsaeng." Taeyeon speaks clearly as and as firmly as ever.

 

"But--"

 

"There's no excuses, it's not about the concert, don't you know how important you are to SNSD?" 

 

"Taeyeon-shi, what will happen to Yukiya if there's no Sunny beside him? Please keep that in mind as well," Yoona thinks about Yukiya more than she thinks about me.

 

"Let's just take a majority vote then." Sooyoung's idea might work, this is my chance.

 

Yoona, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and I agreed that I should go to Japan, but Tiffany, Taeyeon, Jessica and Yuri disagreed. 

 

"It's even, how about maknae, she should decide too"

 

"Maknae's staying in my apartment, she's comforting Yukiya right now, he's badly injured when he heard the news. So I thought she might come in handy"

 

The girls faces turn sad, they care about him as much as I do. Then, the eight of us go to my apartment, and approach the room slowly, when we open the door, we see Yukiya's sleeping on Seohyun's lap. She puts a finger in front of her lips. We nod in understanding.

 

While entering the room quietly, Sooyoung whispers to her ear about the vote, I thought she won't let Yuki go, because she will wish to stay with him, but m y guess is wrong. She doesn't answer with words, sh glances at Yukiya and nods, then she continue to his hair as we leave the room.

 

"It's decided then, it's your win. You can go, Sunny. After all we can't let that boy alone. He's going through hard times now, so do take care of him, arraso?" Taeyeon finally gives un

 

"Thank you unnies!" I open the door of my room once again and smile at him, this time, we'll do it together, for real, Yukiya.