A Change Of Heart

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Yukiya, Taeyeon, and Seohyun formed a team in term to search for Yukiya's father and mother, Sunny, who felt suspicous about their actions was tried to knew about them even more. Yukiya's about to discover the new home of his parents... 

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I shared my secret with my most trustful friends, they were surprised as I expected, part of them still don't believe they survived I suppose, I was the same when I heard about this too.

 

"Re--Really? Your parents are still alive?" Seohyun asked me the second time, doubted that my words wasn't true

 

. "Yeah, my mother, she went to the same hospital as I was. She checked up for her heart's health, just like I did" I explained the situation clearly.

 

"Gee, she went to the same hospital with the same purpose, like mother, like son, Yukiya" she complimented about the synchronicity between me and my mother.

 

"Yeah you're right, Taeyeon. Haha" I laughed.

 

"But I'm glad, you finally found what you're looking for, I'm so happy for you, your hardwork finally paid off" Taeyeon complimented me again, with a smile. She softly hugged me, it felt so warm around her, it's comfortable to have someone to share your happiness, especially when the person is someone close to you. Taeyeon completely covered Sunny's place when she's not there when I need her, just like what Taeyeon wanted. 

 

"Ahem" a small sound came from Seohyun's mouth, we almost forgot that she's still there, the both of us blushed and let go of each other.

 

"So...you said you needed our help, what can we do for you, Yukiya?" Seohyun politely asked.

 

"Yeah, it's pretty simple, actually" I ease them up.

 

"What? Come on, just say it, Yukiya" Taeyeon seemed very anxious, she can't wait to help.

 

"I want...I want you to make diversion, so to make Sunny away me while I'm off searching for my parents" it's quite unpolite to ask for this, but I don't have a choice.

 

"Why, Yukiya? I'm sure unnie will glad to help you sincerely" Seohyun wondered.

 

"That is the reason, I can't let her be in another danger because of me, and to make her worry about me anymore...that's something I can't do, Seohyun. You know her the best, Taeyeon noona" I glanced at Taeyeon sharply.

 

Taeyeon avoided eye contact with me, maybe she felt this is her responsibilty because she's the one who told me about this. It's a bit harsh, but true, who knows what Sunny will up to, especially when it comes to my parents. Taeyeon looked at me again, she regained her confidence this time and spoke. "Okay, we'll help you at all cost. Seohyun, are you with me?" Taeyeon put her hand on Seohyun's shoulder.

 

"Always, unnie" she smiled and winked at me.

 

"Thanks girls, I'm sorry I've troubled you again. Kamshahamida" I bowed.

 

"No, united we stand, divided we fall, that's what So Nyeo Shi Dae is all about" Taeyeon taught me.

 

And so, we separated our way, Taeyeon and Seohyun went back to the hotel to held Sunny back, while I'm off to search my parents, finally, I found you, mother, father. This time, we'll get together, and no one is going to stop me. "Woof!" Banzai woofed at me with excitement. "Let's go, Banzai" I replied.

 

Sunny's POV

 

We finished our supper already, but I don't see neither Yukiya, Taeyeon, nor Seohyun since lunch, where are there, anyway? My suspicion grows larger and larger every minute, I'm always this nervous when Yukiya's gone with Taeyeon, somehow.

 

"Fany unnie, do you have any idea where Yukiya, Taeyeon and Seohyun went?" I asked Tiffany. She shook her head, that's the last answer I expected.

 

"Oh, those trio, they went somewhere together but they didn't tell me where, exactly" Hyoyeon explained.

 

"Together?!" I screamed in a shock, pounded the table and stood up, everyone was startled by my action.

 

"Yeah..why, Sunny?" Hyoyeon was curious by my odd actions.

 

"Annyeo, it's nothing" Geez...why I'm this nervous? They just went out together, what's so wrong with that? I bit my finger in my nervousness. Seohyun is a different case, but what about Taengoo? She never have disappointed me before because she's one of the closest member to me, although we sometimes argue with each other.

 

"I can't stay anymore, I have to find Yukiya!" I stood up and said that firmly.

 

"Wow wow wow, what's wrong, Sunny? You've been acting weird since we separated with them, calm down and tell us, what's wrong?" Jessica wondered.

 

I can't tell them what really happened to them, after all Yukiya apologized to me and said he'll stay by my side no matter what, did he break our promise? No, the Yukiya I know wouldn't done that, then why? Why did he went with Taeyeon and Seohyun alone? Questions filled my mind.

 

"Are you....jealous of them?" Yuri teased me, when she said that, my body vibrated, it's isn't true but it isn't false either, and to put it better, I'm not jealous of "them", but "her" that interprets Taeyeon unnie.

 

"Either way, I should go get him, I'm sure he's looking for me" I ran away before the topic goes further, left them unanswered. I pushed myself, telling that Yukiya still needs me all the way.

 

Before I went further, I saw Taeyeon and Seohyun waving their hands at me from afar, I sighed, feel relieved they came back, but...where is Yukiya? Isn't he suppose to be with them? As they came close, before I finished my sentence, they asked me to go out, that's something odd for the both of them. "Taeyeon-shi, where's--"

 

"Sunny! Let's go shopping!" Taeyeon cut my words before I could finish my sentence

 

"Come on, unnie! We both found some nice clothes and skirts, you should try them out, I'm sure those will perfectly fit on you!" Seohyun invited me as well.

 

What's wrong with them? It's very unusual for them to ask to shop, well maybe something really good were really there, I worried to much about dongsaeng, it's time to take a breather, release all stresses, and do something refreshing like shopping, it's not a bad idea.

 

"Okay, let's go!" I said with a high spirit.

 

I texted Yukiya just so he knows where he could find me when he's finished, probably he just wanted some time alone, if I stayed by his side all the time, he could find me irritating (even though it's the irritating one is the real me) I should give him some space to breath.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I caught a taxi to get faster to mother's place, I can't wait to meet her. "Taxi!" I halted a taxi. Before I got in, I ask the driver first to make sure he knows the way to get there.

 

"Mister, do you know how to get here?" I gave the paper that contains the address. "Of course! I've been living here for 20 years, I can even find a rat's nest in the deepest part of Tokyo. Get in, boy" his criminal-like face, his blackglasses and to top of it, his freakin' scary arrogant smile made me frightened at first, but with that confidence, I'm sure I can depend on him.

 

It took about 40 minutes to get there, when I arrived, I looked at a medium-sized inn in front of me, that's where she supposed to stay.

 

"Thank you, mister" I got off and paid him. He went off without a single smile on his face, sometimes I wonder why that kind of person existed. But, this is no time to think about that, in couple of minutes my parent might see me, imagine if their one and only son come back to them, they will be very happy, and so will I. I rang the doorbell and an old lady came out and...

 

SUNNY'S POV

 

We've been in the department store for hours, and we already get what we wanted, but why do these two girls kept dilly dallying in the store? It's unlike them at all, especially maknae Seohyun who always listen to what her unnies say. One question stayed in my mind, why hasn't Yukiya texted me back? Usually he replied back as soon as I texted him. I got a bad feeling about this.

 

"Taeyeon-shi, let's go home, we're done, right?" I unpatiently asked.

 

"Ah? No, we're not! We haven't grab lunch yet" Taeyeon irritated me more and more.

 

"Yeah, unnie, let's go, we have plenty of time" Seohyun added.

 

Taeyeon pulled my hand, but I released myself right away. There's something wrong, I just know it. "Unnie, maknae, malhaebwa, what are you hiding you two girls?!" I cried at them.

 

"Hiding? We're not hiding anything! What should we hide from you?" Taeyeon made an excuse, but the way she talk made me confident even more that she's up to something.

 

"I know you are, stop lying, unnie" I sharpened my words. Before she can reply a word, something crossed my mind, and I expressed my thoughts to both of them.

 

"Where is he?" They stunned when I say the word "he"

 

"Who--Who do you mean by he?"her words are stuttered. Taeyeon's word become unclear everytime she continued to talk, I knew there's something fishy.

 

"You know what I mean, Taeyeon-shi. Where is Yukiya?!" I cried louder, I'm angry to know that Taeyeon and Seohyun did this to me.

 

"Um..he's..."

 

"Spit it out, unnie! What are you planning to do with him? Aren't you satisfied enough to broke my heart back then?! Are you...Are you trying to replace me? Are you trying to take my place? Is that it? Is that your true purpose?!" I yelled at her with a high tone.

 

"What?! How can you say that to your unnie?! Is that how you face your sunbae, Soon-kyu? You don't even know the truth yet! Stop judging me when you don't know nothing yet!" She yelled at me back, but I don't care. If it's about Yukiya, I'd do anything, even if I have to face my sister like this. 

 

"Then tell me, what's that truth?! Speak, Kim Taeyeon! " I raised my voice even more, I hate how they acted.

 

"Unnies, please stop fighting!" Seohyun arbitrated us before our fight became war, the innocent maknae stood tall between the two of us.

 

"Okay, it's my fault not to tell you in the first place, Sunny unnie. But..this is for his future" Seohyun spoke with a teary eye, she can't stand what she's seeing right now.

 

"Why do you have to take all the blame, Seohyun? This selfish girl doesn't even care about his future, she only cares about her happiness, that's why he refused to tell her" my pity to Seohyun turned into anger once again because of Taeyeon's words, she said something that she shouldn't .

 

"What do you know of Yukiya's future? You don't even know anything about what he has been through, Tae!" I cried again at her face.

 

"Well, maybe I don't, but do you? Do you really know what he feels? Do you really know him THAT well?" Taeyeon continued to lecture me.

 

"Okay, that's enough, unnie. Let's speak this rationally. Taeyeon unnie, if you won't speak, then I will, it is part of my responsibility too" Seohyun spoke with cool head, she's the only one with clear mind right now.

 

"Malhaebwa, Seohyun. Where is he and what he's doing right now?" I asked Seohyun.

 

Seohyun lowered her face before she said anything, it's like I'm going to ground her for what she said.

 

"He's looking for his parents, unnie. He found informations about them when he went to the hospital with you" I fell silence, my anger toward Tae disappeared in an instant, changed into deep sadness within the bottom of my heart. My mind can't think clear anymore, I only thought about his face, thought that I will lose him.

 

"I...I..gotta find him, I must go" I lost control of myself, I have nowhere to go.

 

"Hold your horses, kiddo! Where do you think you're going?" Taeyeon held my hand and stopped me.

 

"No! I must find him! He needs me!" "He's not yours to keep! Come to your senses, Sunny! Do you really think he'll be happy if you continue to act like this? Can't you understand his position?! "

 

"But he's mine to protect, unnie! What if he does something crazy again?!"

 

"He's a lot stronger than you think! He doesn't always need you all the time!" Her last words are completely the same as what Sooyoung said to me a long time ago, if the two said the very same thing, is it true? Is he doesn't need me anymore?

"No...Nooo...! This can't be true! Yukiya...he wouldn't do this to me...!" I cried and kneeled, my heart was devastated.

 

"Taeyeon, get up...people will see you, come on. get a hold of yourself" Taeyeon looked at my eyes with the face of compassion, her brows are wrinkled.

 

Unnie..." I hugged Taeyeon while sobbing.

 

"Unnie, is this for the best?" I asked Taeyeon desperately.

 

"Yes, it's sad to think that he has to go, but we can't just think about ourselves, he has his own way, there no point stopping this from happening, let him go, Sunny. You always wanted to make him happy didn't you? Than this is the only way we can do. Mianhe, Sunny, I didn't meant to get angry to you" Taeyeon revealed her true motive, I knew from the start that she's not the type to get angry without a reason.

 

"I..I know...but.."

 

From Taeyeon's back, Seohyun added. "I know how you feel unnie, I really do. My heart aches everytime I think we have to lose Yukiya, but we should be happy for him, that's what he'd wanted" Seohyun teared as well, she's the closest friend to Yukiya all this time, it must be hard for her as well.

 

My heart shattered into pieces, they knew what's right for him, even it's hurtful for both of them. While I still thought only about myself.

 

My phone rang, I released Taeyeon and gave a time to read, it's from Yukiya, when I saw his name, my eyes glassed, maybe this is the last time I will read a message from him.

 

"I'm right here, behind you" His message is short, I turned around as I read it. He was trembling, crying, and he threw himself to my arms. I kept wondering what's wrong, aren't I the one who suppose to cry? Did he...eventually fail?

 

No... "Sunny...Sunny.." he kept crying in my arms while calling my name, I held him tight in teary eyes, a little bit of happiness came to me, I still can held him like this, but what happened?

 

"What is it, dear..?" I timidly asked, afraid to hear the answer.

 

"They're...they're gone" my eyes widen when I heard that, I don't know whether I should be happy or sad, but something changed my heart that moment, something snapped.