Best Friends Of A Lifetime

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Now, everything is complete in Yukiya's life, he has found his family back, he has his nine faithful sisters, what could have been better? Meanwhile, Sunny's heart was shaken once again, she can't believe the time has come. This is the last trip of Yukiya with his beautiful sisters, with his best friends, Taeyeon and Seohyun.

 

Sunny's POV

 

After I cried on Taeyeon and Seohyun's shoulders, I strided over to Yukiya and his parents. Telling myself this is goodbye, a forever and ever goodbye to my happiness. Yukiya and his parents were still busy to got out from the commotion my unnies made. Finally our eyes met, I can't forgot how wide that grin of theirs.

 

"Sunny?" they inquired, they must be not recognize me right away since I changed a lot since I the last time I met them.

 

"Yeah, ahjumma(auntie), ahjussi(uncle), it's been a long--" 

 

Ahjumma bumped me and gave me an encouraging hug before I can finish my sentence. I miss the kind mother's lovely hug, she used to give me one everytime I saw her in the past.

 

"Thank you, thank you so much, Sunny, you've been taking care of my son since I'm gone, what will he do without you? I thank you from the bottom of my heart." she said with a clear spoken english words.

 

"No...ahjussi, I only helped a little, you must hear what Yukiya has been through to get here. I'm just a little part of his extraordinary journey."  I humbly said.

 

"How can you say that? You're the reason why he had stayed alive until now" she broke the hug and saw at eyes-to-eyes both of our eyes were wet.

 

"For that, I want to apologize to ahjumma and ahjussi, I arbitrarily adopted Yukiya as my little brother without your permission. I'm really sorry" I bowed down.

 

"It doesn't matter, it's a good thing, actually, Yukiya has a beautiful and cute sister like you do, I'm sure he doesn't mind, he must have troubled you alot all this time, I'm so sorry if he did" I blushed upon ahjussi's praise about me, the other girls laughed because they thought I'm the one who troubled Yukiya instead.

 

"He did not...he's such a sweet little brother" I grabbed Yukiya and hugged him from the back, he gave me a sweet smile towards me, giving his parents an awe.

 

"Not only pretty...but your good manners haven't changed a bit, I'd really like to have you as a daughter of mine." he joked, I wish I can say yes to that, I wish his request was real.

 

"Father! Don't say such embarrasing words to Sunny noona!" Yukiya shyly reminded his father, he was embarrased afterwards.

 

"You two have grown attached more than we thought, haven't you? I see you're so protective to your newly sister, results of being alone all these 16 years of life, huh? My son? Finally you have someone who is precious to you beside your parents, am I right?" Ahjumma hit Yukiya with her elbow playfully, after successfuly satirizing him, he blushed even more.

 

"She's...not as new as you think, we've been through a lot more than you know, father, mother" he stucked his tongue to them, and leaned his head on me, I've never seen Yukiya so cheerful, this reunion brought a new Yukiya, it's affected him so much.

 

"Aww...alright then, we'll stop teasing you since we know nothing like you said, in fact, we would love to hear all of it! We'll stay for a while in this hotel! Oh, did you know that your father and I moved to Tokyo? Since my little hometown was destroyed and you were gone, I felt like leaving that place at that moment would be the best idea, I thought we should bury our painful memories there, I almost thinking to make a grave of you" even though she said she'll stop teasing him, she even care to add on. But that's just how Yukiya's mother and father, cheerful and playful as always, I wondered how they manage to come this far without their one-and-only son.

 

"Hey, the moment you said you'll stop, the moment you carry on insulting me, when will you mature, mom?" he asked with an irritating tone, I almost laugh to see my dongsaeng acted like that.

 

"Shut up..you don't have to blurted my childishness like that, anyway, is it okay if we stay with you, girls?" ahjumma asked.

 

"It's really okay! We suggest it actually, oh..but we're leaving three days from now, is that okay?" Taeyeon was excited but she reminded us about our tight schedule that I almost forgot, now I have to reconsider my answer once again.

 

"Okay then, three days it is, since this is a happy moment for all of us, shall we eat dinner to celebrate it? I'll pay the whole cash, of course" ahjussi requested, the girls can't be more happier when it comes to eating.

 

"Uh...ahjussi, you better save your money, if there will be party coming up, we'll pay for it, you don't know there's a chewing monster here, if I look at her, I can tell she can eat a whole zebra." Tiffany said and all of us glared at Sooyoung with grins on our face.

 

"Yah! Since when I eat zebra?!" Sooyoung protested. everyone bursted in laughter upon her protest, I held Yukiya more tightly and smiled at him, I should be happy for him, as his sister, as his keeper.

 

And so, we set off to dinner in the hotel restaurant, Yukiya was such a good storyteller, he was able to awe his noonas and parents about his story, it may seemed unreal, but it's all the truth, after all I witnessed all of it, if he want to write a book about himself, I'm sure he'll do good in the future. 

 

His parents also told about their struggles all this month without Yukiya, how that Mizuki girl gave a hint to them and eventually be the one who contributed most over this reunion between them, glad that I let Yukiya corresponded with that person, otherwise all of this wouldn't happen, part of me regretted it, somehow. Wait? Why did I think like that?

 

After all that dining and storytelling, the twelve of us headed to bed, I was amazed that ahjussi made that Sooyoung stuffed, she tried to hesitate when she's eating but her body wasn't allowing her to do so. One thing must be underlined, even though Yukiya met his parents, he compeled to his parents he still wanted to sleep in my room and Taeyeon's, he said because he will leaving us in just count of days, he wanted to spend as much time as he can with us, Taeyeon and I can only smile hearing his suggestion.

 

"Taeyeon, can the twelve of us go out tomorrow, together?" Yukiya requested before he headed to bed.

 

"Sure, we'll make as many memories as we can in this limited time, I'll text manager that we'll off of our work until three days pass" Taeyeon quickly understood what Yukiya meant.

 

"Yeah! Alright! I'm sure you won't regret coming with us tomorrow" Yukiya jumped from his bed in excitement and kissed Taeyeon's cheek in reflect, he seem regretted his action, though. Taeyeon can't help but blush while rubbing her check.

 

"Ahem" I let out a small cough, leave them both in blushes and they jumped to their own bed respectfully.

 

Time passed that night, but I stil l can't shut my eyes off, many things occured today and I want to remember it all, although it pained me a bit when Yukiya finally got to see his parents, I can still smile, that means I'm grateful that they are here again by Yukiya side. I memorized all the struggles I made with him, days of sheding tears, days of sharing laughter, I can't help but giggled about our first awkward moments, but it looks like, we made it, we really made it to the end. 

 

"Noona...kamshahamida..noona.." I heard Yukiya's mumbling in his sleep, then I the light to see his face, he was sleeping peacefully, his face was even brighter than the one he showed after the concert.

 

"I'm happy for you, I really do" I rubbed his face and tried to go to bed once again, I bet tomorrow's going to be fun with you, while it lasts.

 

-One Day Later-

 

Yukiya's POV

 

After getting their manager permission, the nine of them went out with us as we planned yesterday, my father brought his own car while the others, except Sunny, were on their own van. I asked my father where should we go since I wanted to make this memorable for all of us until the rest of our lives, he smiled and told me he knew the very right place, all I should do was just sit back, and enjoy the ride with Sunny. I hope it would be a pleasant surprise.

 

We enjoyed many views, like Tokyo Tower for example. I rarely went to Tokyo, so I felt like a tourist there, Sunny and I seemed exchange views everytime we saw beautiful sceneries. But, after a while, I fell asleep and rested my head on Sunny's shoulder, I knew I acted like a spoiled child, but I always enjoy every moment  with her, so acting like a spoiled child was not so wrong. She rested her head on mine, so the both of us fell asleep..

 

"We're here" my father woke us up with his deep voice, Sunny rubbed her eyes, and so did I. We got out from the car and saw an unbelievable scene. It was stunning, the other girls who just came dropped their jaw, they can't believe they'll be seeing such a beautiful place in the capital of Tokyo.

 

The falling leaves, the sound of natures calling, the green sceneries, the clean and pure water all around the whole field, I thought to myself, what a magnificent place to spend our last moments together, I gave my father a smile as he smiled back, he knew what I wanted most.

 

"What is this place, father?" I asked in disbelief.

 

"A very special place for me and your mom, it was the place where we spent our first date" he smiled at mother, I recalled again about his ancient-mind, it has been more than 15 years he ended up with mother, but he still remember such an old place.

 

"Does it meet your criteria, my son Yukiya?" my mother asked, her lips curved up, she knew I was happy.

 

"It's better than I expected, mother. Thank you for bringing us to such a beautiful place" still, I thanked the both of them to gave their secret place away.

 

"Omo omo omo! What an extraordinary place! Ahjumma, Ahjussi, thank you! I'm sure we can enjoy ourselves today" Sooyoung blurted out her happiness.

 

"We're glad you guys like it" mother and gather smiled.

 

And so, we rolled out the carpet we prepared for this picnic and ate lunch together, Hyoyeon unexpectedly was able to attract her elders' attention, she explained about her dream gaving birth of nine children, I almost laughed when she said that, but my mother took it the other way, she gave reasons how one children troubled her enough, and she said she don't have to raise nine.

 

We played many games on the open field, everyone were having fun in their own ways. I spent time talking with Sunny and Taeyeon. Along with Seohyun, these girls were the ones who really attached to me heart-to-heart. 

 

"Yukiya, are you happy?" Taeyeon asked, but I didn't really catch what she meant.

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Yeah, are you happy, spending your life with us?" she cleared.

 

"Certainly! Why shouldn't I? You girls are so kind, caring, and..funny I'd say. Living with you girls was one of the perfect moment I wouldn't forget for the rest of my life" I rethought about it, living, communicating, hugging with them were such a normal life to me, but I realized, the fans who loved them much longer than I do will give anything to be on where I am right now, maybe because it's so ordinary to me, I have been taking this for granted.

 

"Boy, you really like to embarass us, don't you?" Taeyeon pinched my cheek playfully.

 

"Sure do, haha" I laughed in response.

 

"I wish I can turn back time again, back to the time when I still being amazed by the size of your dorm and being awkward with you girls, if I recall it, it was really funny you know" I spared my thought.

 

"Yeah, you were still that little boy that I picked in Japan selfishly, do you regret it that I took you from this beloved countryland of yours?" Sunny asked.

 

"What if I say I do? Will you get mad?" I .

 

"No I won't, but I won't bother coming to your house again when I get the chance" she teased me back and stucked out her tounge, she cutely pouted and crossed her arms, showing her cuteness more and more.

 

"Aish, such a child, Sunny, that's why I always say Yukiya is more mature then you, even from the first time I met him, I noticed, he is more independent and lovely, if I can pick one of you to become my siblings, I will put Yukiya in the first place" Taeyeon annoyed her.

 

"Yah! That's no fair, unnie! How could you use such comparison? Fine, let me ask you then, Yukiya. Do you prefer Taeyeon unnie or me as your sister, just say the truth, I know if you're lying" Sunny threatened, I don't know what to say in this situation.

 

"The two of you are perfect! How can I pick?" I grumbled in despair.

 

"Just say the truth that you like me better than your real sister, isn't that right, Yukiya Hikari?" Taeyeon gave me a bribing wink.

 

"Please be honest! I'm dying to know! Don't worry, we will accept any person you'll pick" Sunny added.

 

"Ugh, why are you girls are so eager when it comes to self-assessments? I really can't say no to your faces.  Anyway...my pick is.." I turned my face around so they can't be see my blushing face, but I pointed to Sunny's direction.

 

"Really?! Yeah! You truly are my cute little brother, a small present for you~" she cheerfully hugged me and pecked my cheek in happiness, I always love her smooch.

 

"Aish, don't be so proud of yourself, this is just because I spent lesser time with Yukiya compared to you, if he stayed longer with you, I wonder how long he will lasts, he'll pick me in no time when he's done with your childishness" Taeyeon protested, from what I see, she's the one who acted so childish, either way, I'm so happy I meant so much to them that they even fought over me.

 

"At least I won this round, Tae" she stucked her tounge out playfully while still holding me.

 

"Sunny! Let's play ball together! Since Ahjussi rested, we don't have enough number of players, c'mon it would be fun!" Sooyoung invited.

 

"Ne! Be right there, Sooyoung!" she broke the hug from me and joined the other girl, now there's only me and Taeyeon left, just the two of us. 

 

"You know...I always figured I was better at stuff than her" she whispered.

 

"Really?" 

 

"Are you mad?" she timidly asked.

 

"No, I always kinda thought you were better at everything too." I answered.

 

"The truth is..Yukiya, I was jealous of her" she stated.

 

"What for?" 

 

"I wished I could live life the way she does, just..following my heart, go wherever where I want to go, and protect someone who is precious to her, like..you" she said.

 

"Well, there are so many things she lacks, but...I love her, and that is enough for me." I smiled weakly at her, it's embarassing to say such things, but somehow, I don't mind, maybe because I trusted her so much.

 

"What about me? Do you feel the same about me? I mean...not as your sister, as a girl?" with a puppy eyes, her sweet voice made me blush about her question, what kind of question is that?

 

"...I don't know how to answer that question.." after I silenced a while and gave her unsatisfying answer, she pouted.

 

"Then I assume the answer is no...right?" she pulled me more and more to thought about her question.

 

"Sigh, how should I put this...do you want the truthful answer or the lie one?" I inquired weirdly.

 

"Of course the truthful one! I'd rather hear an ugly truth than sweet lie" she raised her tone, maybe my question was a bit unapproriate.

 

"The truth is...I love you as a sister, but I also adore you as a girl, no..I like you, I'm pretty sure. But I don't know the true feeling of liking someone...it's the first time I felt like this since I met Soojin, I'm so sorry I hid it all this time, but I don't know how to express it, really." I stated with more blushing on my face, I wished she could never see it. Strangely, her lips curved up, like she didn't believe what I said

 

"Chinjia? Is that all the truth?!" she said with an surprisded tone.

 

"Yeah..it's the truth" I swore that my face turned into a tomato at the moment, but I can't deny it anymore, I like her, more than just my noona.

 

"Yeah! That means we both have the very same feelings, honestly, I've been admiring you as well, I decided to help you until the end so I can get closer to you, I guess all of it paid in the end right? Thanks for being so honest, Yukiya, I'm glad I know your true feelings about me, at this point, I'm not really losing to Sunny, at least." she leaned her head on me, I don't why, I felt comfortable with her.

 

"Yukiya! Taeyeon! What are you doing there?! Join us and stop being solitaries!" Taeyeon raised her head  straight again as soon as we heard the voice of Yoona's.

 

I stood up, and offered a hand to Taeyeon.

 

"We'll go together!" I said.

 

"Yeah" she took my hand and raised her body, we're not going to break this bond between us. Forever and ever. 

 

Time passed by in that place, I felt weird about my confession of liking Taeyeon, but I felt relieved, it's like there's another hard phase of life that I managed to pass. There's no clumsiness between us, as if we didn't do anything, the others haven't figure out anything what's going on, suddenly, in the middle of playtime, Seohyun excused herself from the others and headed to the watery areas.

 

"Noonas, I think I'm going to pass this game, I want to search for some fresh air" I lied, actually I wanted to go after Seohyun, what's on her mind lately? 

 

I watched her from afar, she was sitting there seeing the slow stream of water, I slowly approached her, I hope I didn't bother her in her special alonel time, I tried to be talkative, but she refuses to say a word and kept staring at the water, then I recalled, what's the connection about her and this view right now.

 

"Still thinking about him?" 

 

"..Yeah" her answer was really short, I guess she had Jonghwa in mind.

 

"You know, this sound, the sound of moving water, I was always love it even after I lost Jonghwa, it reminded me of him and...I always miss him after I heard it" suddenly she became talkative and said something sentimental.

 

"I know the feeling of missing someone, especially the one who never came back to us" I thought about my long lost bestfriend, Akagi, his images went all over my mind suddenly.

 

"Are you going to be one, Yukiya? The one who will never come back? Like you said?" her eyes suddenly teared up, I didn't know why she's acting like this.

 

"Don't say that, I can always come back to you girls, I'm not dead yet, you know" I joked, I thought I can ease her feelings a bit by joking.

 

"Well, I suppose this is goodbye, I'm going to miss you" she offered a handshake.

 

"Yeah, a goodbye, for a while. I'm going to miss you too" I shook her hand firmly.

 

In all of sudden, she jumped and crashed herself to me, her tears fell over my clothes, why? I wondered when I hugged her back.

 

"This is the second time that someone who is really, really precious to me left me. Although I tried my best not to cry over you, I just can't, you're such a good friend, one of the best that I ever had. Can't you stay? Can't you not leave me like this?" she sounded like she won't let me go.

 

I took a dep breath to answer her, this is going to be hard.

 

"I'm sorry, Seohyun, I can't, I'd love to, but I really can't. I've troubled Sunny noona, Taeyeon noona, the other girls, and you far more than enough..and I don't know how much more nuisance I will be in the future if I stayed longer, it's time for me to move on, I appreciate your good will for making me stay, but I'm sorry, I can't accept your request. In just three days, I'll be leaving, and that's it." I stated hardly, I hoped I didn't injure her.

 

"I know...I can't be selfish, this is so unlike me, you've given me a lot of influence, as for me, I don't think you've troubled us, at least, for me. I'm always happy when you're around, that's I asked you to stay, right?" she cheered herself up, and releasing me.

 

"Don't cry anymore, I told you, you shouldn't cry for me, right? You are suppose to end up with a much better man, I'll be glad to help you to find out who that person is. I know it's been a  long time ago, but I still remembered that I said I'll be there whenever you need me, did I fulfill my job for you?" I assured her.

 

"You did more than just enough, Yukiya. You've always stayed by my side when I need you, and I'm thankful for that"  she showed her gratitude.

 

"And you did the same for me, without your help, maybe I won't end up meeting my parents right now, thank you, kamshahamida, Seohyun" I thanked her back, it feels good doing that.

 

She held me tightly again, this time I'm willing to give her my shoulders as she did the same for me all this time, thank you Seohyun, I deeply thank you from the bottom of my heart.

 

"At least the wave still sound the same" she whispered.

 

And that ended our picnic in our father's secret place, many things happened today and it tired me out, to tell the truth, I've got the most wonderful day with two of my bestfriends who shared their laughters and tears with me all this time. Irreplaceable, if I should describe what today is.

 

Before I headed to dreamland, I wanted to speak to Sunny about our last free day to spend tomorrow. I have planned everything, the special place she won't forget. 

 

"Sunny, let us spend tomorrow together, just the two of us, you and me." I suggested.

 

"Sure, I was planning the same thing, you know where to go, right?"  she stopped brushing her hair as she asked me that question.

 

"Yeah, you won't believe where we're going tomorrow, oh, make sure you disguise yourself well since where we're going tomorrow is a very famous place, okay? Sorry to trouble you"

 

"I don't mind, if you suggested it, then I will follow it. Anyway, goodnight, sweetdreams, Yukiya" she gave me a goodnight forehead kiss and turned off the light, then we headed to sleep.

 

"Goodnight, noona. I hope you have a wonderful dream as well" I said in the dark.