Separation Day

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Today's the separation day with the Sunnyday, Shu, Soojin, Madam Aki and the others, due to Sunny's bad condition, they have to leave as soon as possible, what are Yukiya parting words? Read this sentimental chapter about final day of Yukiya with the Sunnyday's!

 

Yukiya's POV

 

Oh dear, I'm a little bit worried about Sunny, since yesterday she hasn't eat anything, I better bring her some breakfast. I brought her a warm soup since she has a high fever, when I opened the door, she was standing in front of the mirror, combing her hair.

 

"Yukiya! Oh you scared me, can't you at least knock?" she startled when she saw me through the window.

 

"Mianhe, Sunny, I was afraid that you might be sleeping, so I didn't knock. Anyway, are you feeling better?"

 

"Healthy as a horse" she smiled "Did you brought those for me? Gomawo!" 

 

"Yeah, since your catch a cold, I made you some soup. Enjoy your meal, Noona"

 

"You know I always love the soup you made, because it's made with love"

 

I smiled at her, I checked her body temperature by putting my head on her forehead, it's better than before but it's not normal yet.

 

"Don't worry, I'll get healthy again as before" she knew what I meant in my heart.

 

I looked at her who continued to eat my soup, and I thought, without her help, I wouldn't find Soojin. 

 

"Ah I'm stuffed! Gomawo, Yukiya. Thank you for the meal" she put the soup, and as she turned her back on me, I hugged her.

 

"Yukiya?" she wondered why I act this way.

 

"Mianhe, Noona. Because of me, you worked too hard and fell sick on the way. You've done so much to me, and yet I can't even treat you properly.  I'm don't realize how lucky I am until now,  to be with someone I love, who loved me back. Mianhe and..saranghae, Sunny. Please don't ever leave me" I cried a little, I don't know how to expresses my feeling clearly, but I told myself that I have to tell this to her.

 

"Na-do saranghae, Yukiya. It's not true, I know you worked hard for me too, I thought I was holding you back, but I'm happy about what you just said, let's keep supporting each other now and and ever, don't cry" she touched my hands which currently hold her.

 

I wiped my tears away and dismissed her off my hands, I turned her body around and gave her a kiss on her forehead. 

 

"This ought to heal you"

 

"Awww..come here, baby" she held me tightly with love and care once again.

 

I heard a faint knock on the door.

 

"Sunny, are you feeling better? Can I go in?" Taeyeon spoke.

 

"Ne, Taeyeon unnie, please do come in" she answered while releasing me.

 

She opened the door and walked towards Sunny.

 

"Sunny, are you okay?" she asked about Sunny's condition

 

"Yes, I'm all better now" she answered;

 

"That's a relieve, now get yourself ready, Sunny, we're leaving. You should do the same, Yukiya" then she left and closed the door.

 

I gave thought for a while, and think...maybe this is the last time I'll see Sunnyday, I just got the feeling that everything will be okay after this, I'm not even sure why I can think like that. But, I'll continue to live in Seoul with Sunny from now on, so...this time it's really goodbye.

 

"What's wrong, Yukiya? Why are you zoning out?" Sunny asked me as I snapped.

 

"Anyeo, it's just, I can't believe what I've been through with the residents here, and the place itself. Time sure flies when we're having fun, it's hard to believe it's time to say goodbye already" I touched the wall with sentimental feelings.

 

"You can go always back when you want, and next time I'll be happy to accompany you again" she said.

 

"Thank you, Sunny" I closed the door and went to my own room, I packed while memorizing a lot of things, my meeting with Soojin, my first arrival to Sunnyday,  everything filled my mind up like pictures, suddenly, I didn't realize that my hands are wet, my tears are falling even though I'm smiling. It's sad to think that this is the final day.

 

Right after I'm done with my things, Sunny showed up and asked.

 

"Are you done?"

 

"..Yeah" I answered her without looking, I don't want her to see my tears.

 

"Good, the other girls are ready to set off, so I'll go first, I'll be waiting, Yukiya" then she walked out.

 

I jumped on the bed, I want to feel it for the last time, and I looked up at the ceilings.

 

"Well, whaddaya know? I wish you can say goodbye too..like last time"  I remembered about Akagi

 

I got off from the bed, and left the room. As I closed it, I say goodbye to this room since I won't using it again, somehow. When I arrived at the front door, like last time, the children gathered around in front of the exit, with Soojin, Shu, and Madam Aki, only one person is missing...

 

"Do you really have to go Yukiya-San?" one girl asked me with an almost-crying face.

 

I kneeled so I can match her height.

 

"Yeah, Onii-chan have to go, for now"

 

"Can't you stay a little longer..*sob*?" She sobbed.

 

"I'll pay a visit some other time, don't worry"

 

"Waaaaah..!!" She cried in front of me.

 

"Come here" I offered her a hug as she accepted it thoroughly, I patted her back so she won't cry again, it's sad to leave this place again. everyone saw this event with a moved face.

 

I stood up, and Madam Aki rushed and held me, since the first time I met her, she is being very nice to me, I don't know how to repay her kindness.

 

"Please come back as soon as you can, I'm happy to know a kind child like you, who always care about the others" her eyes glassed, I don't know what to say.

 

"Thank you, madam. I've been a nuisance since I arrived at your place, I hope I can repay your kindness" I apologized.

 

"You already did, my son" she released me and looked at me with her glassed eyes.

 

"Here, I brought you the very same meal as you brought before, I hope you can never forget about us.  I'm happy that you finally found what you're looking for, love" she looked at Sunny.

 

Shu said something unclear, he didn't release any tears, but he's didn't know what to say to me, like every end, it's always bittersweet.

 

"Uh...I only spend a little time with you, but it feels like forever, no matter where you are, you're always be my friend, and a great tutor. That's all I have to say" he made his mind up.

 

"See you, Shu. I hope we can meet again"

 

"Goodluck, brother" he offered his fist to me like exactly as Akagi was, I saw an image of Akagi when he did that. He filled in the blanks that Akagi left very well, even though no one asked to do so.

 

I bumped his fist, while saying, "Take care of her" I gave him the very same message.

 

"I will, it's a promise" I smiled when he said that.

 

Like last time, in the end, Soojin is always there waiting for me in the last line.

 

"This time, is really goodbye, right?" her words made me felt pity to leave this wonderful place. "No matter where you go, you'll always be the diamond in my heart, Yukiya. I promise I will never forget about you, I've always been a trouble for you, but you never complained and always made me stand up tall. As I promised, I send you off with a smile" she holding her tears.

 

"What are you talking about? When you're happy...it's okay to cry" 

 

She can't take it anymore, she cried, rushed and ended up in my arms, I held her tightly, like never before.

 

"Thank you, Yukiya, for everything. I'll miss you, I'll miss you so much" 

 

"And I'll miss you too" I released some little tears, I'm  too sad to leave this girl, whom I love.

 

"Just keep me close, in your dreams" I her cheek.

 

"You'll always be part of my life, saranghae, Yukiya" she kissed my cheek, and I blushed.

 

The other girls are saying goodbye with the other residents, I'm happy to have been a part of this unbreakable family.

 

When I'm about to open the door, I bowed at the others "Thank you everyone! I'll come back soon!" I turned around, I don't want to leave this place now and ever, but it must be done, my mission here is complete, i guess.

 

"I'm sorry, because of me, you have to leave this place, dongsaeng" Sunny apologized.

 

"No, Noona, it is the perfect time to leave. If iI don't leave now, I'll always depend on this place and never be an independent person"

 

A breeze passed by, I looked at the building once again, for the last time "Goodbye and take care, my home, Sunnyday"

 

I stopped and gazed up to the sky, and I saw an image of Akagi again, it was my imagination, but I felt very real that he smiled at me with his bright face.

 

"Thank you, my friend. I'll be your eyes on the future, please guide me. I missed you and I hope we can see each other again, maybe in the afterlife .Like you always said, I'll living my life the way I wanted to. So long, partner" I smiled at the sky.

 

"Yukiya, come on! We're going home!" The girls called me.

 

Yes, I'll be going home, but one thing will never change, Sunnyday is my home, and I'll never gave up on it. 

 

For now, Goodbye, Sunnyday