Everything Starts With A Family

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

 My name is Hikari Yukiya, I'm a 16 year-old-boy with a simple, normal life. I live in Sendai, Japan. well, you'll know me better after you read this, story of mine.

 

Summer vacation is about to start! Yeah! now I'm gonna arrange schedules for this holidays, there are so many thing I'd like to do. But in the middle of my enjoyment, my mom called me for a family dinner. Me, My mother & father sit at the table, while mother give us the chopsticks, father starts talking.

"We're going to have a guest tommorow" my hand that's about to take the rice stop, and i ask him "Who's going to come here? Another cousin of mine?"

"Right, how did you guess?"

Crap, I know it, this is my what you get if you have an ancient-minded father, he always invites family members (especially my cousins) during summer holiday, if I'm unlucky, the family member will stay for a while. Do you really want to know why I really hate my cousins? Last year one of those irritating relatives of mine broke my G3-X SH Figurarts* into two, 2 years ago my bike was the victim, now what's left from my bike is the front wheel.

"Aren't you happy, Yuki? Your summer holiday must be perfect with her" Father added

Protests will only make my father start his "family speech"(don't ask me what this is, the only thing you have to know it's very boring) and.....after I pause for while, I just realize, did he just say her? That means a girl is staying here?

"Who is she, father?"  I asked him

Father then put in his hand to his pocket, and take out his handphone, "Here, take a look"

 Lee Soon-Kyu   Wow....I gotta admit, she's not pretty but she's kinda cute, and I see her name below, but it's either in Hiragana or Kanji, i can't read it, i wonder if that's Chinese?

"Her name is Lee Soon-Kyu, she is your older cousin. She's from South Korea. She is a cheerful yet kind person, I'm sure you'll get along very well"

Hm...maybe it's not a bad idea if this girl is staying, I always wanted a sister after all, being the only child sometimes make me feel lonely......

Then my mother finishes the arrangement of the table and we all say "Itadakimasu*"  and we start eating. While I was eating, I send the photo from father's handphone to mine, I really want to keep it.

"She is also a famous singer, She's staying in our house because her group wanted to  hold a concert in Japan. Actually, she could just rent an apartment but...she said if she won't be any trouble she'd..."

"No, she won't! Let her stay father" I incline, this is the first time I really put myself into this, maybe she would make a difference in this gloomy, boring house. My heart's racing, I can't wait to meet her. 

"Thanks for the food" I finished my dinner earlier and go to my room, I throw myself to the bed and look at the photo again. "I do hope we'll get along, Lee Soon-Kyu, see you tommorow" I said that will full of excitement, and suddenly I feel really tired, so I put my hadphone in the wardrobe and go to sleep, well, I don't really go to sleep, I'm still thinking what will I do with her tommorow, I'm nervous and excited, but then I go to sleep (I mean, I'm really sleeping)

But, the day I'm waiting for....never comes.

*SH Figurarts : A realistic action figure of anime characters

*Itadakimasu : "Let's eat" in japanese language