The Last Journey Of Light

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Second day before Sunny's goodbye to Yukiya! Where will they be heading to this time? And what is Yukiya's secret place? Enjoy the last moments of Yukiya Hikari with his dearly beloved sister Lee Soon-Kyu. It is about time for them to have their last journey together. 

 

 

Yukiya's POV

 

The sunrays passed through the window, that soothing and warm light managed to wake me and Sunny up, The both of us smiled to each other, we smile as much as we can, because we wanted to leave good impression of each other, tears were absolutely not an option. Today will be the definition of happy day, I've prepared a very special place for the both of us. I looked around the whole room and noticed something's missing, and suddenly Taeyeon came from the outside, all dressed properly, it's a little bit embarrasing for her to see us still laying in the bed like this.

 

"Oh, are you finally awake now, Lazy bums?" Taeyeon satirized.

 

"Ahaha, I'm sorry to for me to wake up so late, I guess I must be very tired from all the activities we did yesterday" I reasoned.

 

"Sure" then she gave a light peck on my cheek, ever since our confessions yesterday, she and I became more and more closer, she gave cheek kisses frequently, she hugged me whenever she wanted to, Sunny only presumed our relation as brother-sisterhood, but I'm afraid if she found out later.

 

"Yukiya, I'm sorry to say, but, I have to go to work for today, even though we asked manager's permission, we can't skip work today, but rest assured, Sunny will stay with you all day, she's permitted to accompany you. Mianhae! I hope you have guys fun, Talk to you later!" she closed the door of the room, she seemed to be in hurry. Me and Sunny can't help but smile, actually I wanted to spend this day with Sunny and Sunny alone, but I don't to set my sister aside, now, everything's perfect enough.

 

"So....what's going on between you and Taeyeon? You two are very close, too CLOSE I might say." she emphasized while curling her hair and looked right at me,  I gulped my saliva, how should I answer her?

 

"Rrr...you know, we're going to separate anytime soon, so as close as we can is a pretty good option, right, noona?" I lied.

 

"Don't say that, we're not separated yet, don't ever mention about separation anymore, it hurts." she took my bait, as she fell for it, I really felt her injury.

 

"Mianhae, I didn't mean to--" she put her index finger in front of my mouth, telling me to keep quiet, maybe she didn't want to discuss anything about separation or goodbyes anymore, I can see it crystal clear, she's not ready to let me go.

 

"Not another word, Yukiya. Let's have the time of our life for today as if there's no tomorrow" she suggested.

 

"Arraso, noona" I smiled upon her, I hoped it will make her feel better to see me happy to spend the day with her.

 

"Yesterday, you said we're going to somewhere that's famous, you even told me to disguise myself, are you not being too excessive?" she asked.

 

"Oh, believe me, you're going to need it, this place is in every child's dream" I mentioned, I wanted to keep her curious until the end.

 

"Where are we going anyway?" her face told me that she was excited.

 

"The happiest place on earth, Sunny noona." I clarified.

 

And we ended our little discussion and started to get ready, not to mention I'm happy enough to made her believe my lies, it's taboo for me to older person, especially my own sister, but I have to do it, I can't let Taeyeon took the risks, it's not like it's a complete lie anyway. Sunny put a wig on her hair, an extra cap in case she's spotted by any other person, she tied her hair and hid her long brown hair within her cap, and to top of it, she put sunglasses on, her preparation was more like a soldier that's going to go for war rather than someone who supposed to have fun, even from my point of view who knew nothing about disguise, I can tell that she's an expert of this subject.

 

"Perfect enough?" she asked about my opinions, how should I describe it..

 

"I don't recognize you anymore, you look perfect, noona. I wonder what will I do if you get lost, i can't tell who you are by then." I joked.

 

"Yuki!" she slapped my back playfully.

 

I asked permission to both of my parents who were staying, they said they'll look for Banzai for me, when they asked where I'm going, I whispered them the place in front of Sunny to increase her curiousity even more, they couldn't agree more, it was a perfect place that I planned to visit long time ago, though.

 

"Dongsaeng, malhaebwa, where are we going, exactly? I will know in the end, so what's the point hiding it?" she said in the cab, she couldn't resist it anymore, I succedded more than I expected to make her curious to death.

 

"You'll know soon, so what's the point asking me about it anyway?" I countered her words perfectly.

 

"Uh, I hate you! I take back my words, you aren't my sweet brother anymore!" she pretended to pout, trying to get my attention, women are the biggest mystery in the world after all, they liked surprises but always trying to figure out what that surprise is, Sunny is one of them.

 

"Don't be like that~ You'll love it" I made a failed cute voice and leaned on her, to compose her.

 

"Huh..we shall see about that, if I don't like it, make sure you have a taxi prepared for me to go straight back home" she said while rolling her eyes.

 

"Arraso, arraso" I answered annoyingly.

 

We've arrived, as expected, Sunny's mouth were wide open, wide enough for flies to get in there, I snapped her back to the real, but she kept that mouth of her unclosed. I don't know about her, but perhaps this is her first time she's here, because she looked so amazed by the magical sensation around the air of this place.

 

"Noona! Close that mouth of yours! Flies can enter there." I warned.

 

"It's...it's just too beautiful, Yukiya, this is fascinating!" she said excitingly.

 

"That's right, welcome, to Disneyland Tokyo"

 

                      

 

The sound of the chirping birds, flowery green gardens, the rays of warm and soothing sun of summer made it perfect for us to took our time here. This is going to be the best day ever for her and me, I expected.

 

"Are we going to spend all day...in here?" Sunny asked in disbelief, it's understandable.

 

"All day, all night, if you want, that is." I said proudly.

 

"Whoaa! I can't wait! Let's play the whole day! Come on! I can't wait anymore!" she linked her with mine, she dragged me with excitement to the magical theme park. I'm really happy to see her as cheerful as now, now I don't have to prepare a taxi for her like she said.

 

The sign of "Disneyland Tokyo" greeted us in the entrance, then we took our time seeing the enormous, yet enchanted Cinderella Castle. Took pictures whenever we had the chance even if we're getting tired about it, tried to make many memorable moments as many as possible. After we saw the statue of Walt Disney holding his unique creation, Mickey Mouse, soaring his hands to the sky, I stopped walking for a while.

 

 

"What is it, Yukiya? You want to take another picture here?" Sunny asked.

 

"Yeah, please" I handed the camera to Sunny, she photographed me happily, and we switched turns, and finally we took self camera of ourselves.

 

"Sunny, you know, I've always admired this man" I touched the statue of Walt gently.

 

"Why?' she wondered.

 

"Yeah, he's a man fulfilled with dreams, I read about his biography, and to thought of it, we're similar in many ways, he had encountered many problems to achieve his dreams, I had too, but in the end, both of us managed to reach our dreams, what makes it perfect, we didn't do it, alone" I smiled upon seeing his statued face.

 

"Meaning..?" 

 

"Yeah, you know that the reason he is standing here because of this little partner of his, Mickey Mouse, and to me, the reason I'm standing here with a smile is because of you...Sunny" I directed a smile to her.

 

"Aww....you're still my sweet little brother after all." she said happily.

 

"And you know, Tokyo Disneyland closed their operations lately because of the earthquakes and tsunami, but these people.." I sighted a group of people who were taking pictures with Disney characters "They didn't give up on Walt Disney's dream, they are able to open it again, they are able to rebuild his dreams again" I explained.

 

"I know what you're going to say, you didn't give up on your dreams either, you have SNSD unnies to help you and guide you, and also friends of yours in Sunnyday, those people get your hopes up, and that's what another special bond between you and Walt, isn't it?" Sunny claimed.

 

"You know me better than I do, as always, Sunny" I linked my arm once again with hers.

 

Then we crossed the street of Disneyland cheerfully, we can relax, no fans of Sunny noticed that the girl they adored were walking among them. Then we crossed a stand that's holding a shooting game, Sunny jumped there and shouted.

 

"Omo! How cute!" she set a sight on a plushy, fluffy, Minnie Mouse doll.

 

"You like it, miss? If you want it, the rules are simple, you have to shot at the point of that target with this arrows, you have three chances, this Minnie doll is our exclusive grand prize" the staff pointed at the small target.

 

I smiled, to think this is a great chance to show off  my ability to my noona, if it's about to make her happy, I'm willing to do anything. 

 

"Sunny noona, want to make a bet?" I grinned.

 

"What bet?" her brows narrowed.

 

"If I can get you that doll, you have to hear my wish, but promise me you'll fulfill it" I challenged her.

 

"Eh? That.." 

 

"Aw c'mon! Isn't that what you're good at? Sowoneul Malhaebwa?" I reminded her own song's lyric.

 

"Tch! You're such a clever boy, fine! Let's see if you;re good enough to get me that doll, but if you failed, just leave your wish in the dust" she challenged me back.

 

"Really? Don't say you're not able to do it when I succedded" i taunted her.

 

"Yah! A woman never her own tongue, I won't back down!" she confessed.

 

"All right then, here goes" I closed one lid of my eye, and concentrated my sight to that small target on, completely focused. I flung the arrow with slowly but accurate, and there goes, the arrow's stuck in the target, both Sunny and the staff were surprise, who would've guess? Not bad for a first try, no?

 

"Congratulations! Here is your prize!" he handed the Minnie doll to Sunny's hand.

 

"Thank you!" she held the plushy Minnie doll, and both of us left that place.

 

"Yukiya! How did you do that? I never saw anything like it when I'm with you all this time." she expresssed her shock.

 

"We never had the chance to do so, that kind of game is a piece of cake." I said cockily.

 

"Yah! Acting highly almighty aren't you now? I bet you were just lucky. if I try it, the result must be the same, it's pretty easy I think" Sunny doubted my ability.

 

"Easier said than done, anyway, do you remember what you promised, Genie-sister?" I flattered her.

 

"Yeah...spit it out, but don't make me to do weird things, arraso?" she warned.

 

"I think I'll save it for later" I placed both of my hands in the back of my hand and continued to walk.

 

We continued our trip in Disneyland, played lots and lots of attraction, watched many shows, and have as many fun as possible, Sunny was having fun, it's been a while since she can relax and enjoy her life like this, I hope being with me does make her feel better. As the time goes by, we didn't realize how much time we spent here until, finally it's already 10 P.M, the time I've waited for so long. I dragged Sunny to the best spot before the show started, then the announcement came.

           

"In just a few moments, the Disneyland will proudly present the fireworks. We hope you will enjoy the show"           

 

"WHAT?! Fireworks?! Yukiya, let's get out of here, I can't stand fireworks! You know that, didn't you?!" she yelled at me.

 

"Calm down, let's just sit here and enjoy the show" I assured.

 

"Yukiya..please.." she begged with teary eyes. Holding my hand firmly

 

"But I don't want to miss this for the world! It's very beautiful and spectacular, how about this, if you're scared by the fireworks, I'll be happy to close your eyes and ears, just hold me and everything would be fine." I childishly suggested.

 

"Yuki--" before she could go on with her sentence, the sound of light popping fire came out from the direction of Cinderella Castle. She was startled by the beginning, and gripped my hand even tighter.

 

After that, the fireworks continued to appear, the audience awed with every single shot that the fireworks gave, Sunny was the only one who shivered in fear. I'm feeling a little bit guilty to driven her crazy like this, but I had to do it before I leave. A flash of light soared to the sky, then a big popping sound made Sunny jump to my arms.

 

"Yukiya...dongsaeng..I'm scared.." she fearly stated, she used both of her hands to cover her ears. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a light forehead kiss, that ought to calm her down, but not this time. She was trembling badly.

 

"Can't we leave? Haven't you seen enough?" she asked desperately with a puppy, teary eyes. 

 

"I'm sorry, noona. I thought I can do one last favor for you to release all your fears of fireworks, but it seems that I have underestimated your problema, I'm really sorry, if you want, we can run as fast as possible now, leaving this dreadful place for you." I said, I can't stand seeing her like this anymore.

 

"....Although I wish you would stay, to see this beautiful peace of artwork" I smally added.

 

She peeked at the fireworks in my arms, when another one popped out, she didn't hold me in instance like before, she just closed her eyes for a little, but now she can stand the sound, she released me completely, and tried to face them one more them, now, multiple fireworks came out and popped at the same time, she didn't show any signs of fear, instead, she said something unexpectedly.

 

"It is beautiful...indeed" she gave off her amazement.

 

"What?" 

 

"Yeah, you're right, these fireworks are beautiful" she claimed.

 

"Really?! Ahem, I mean, I told you so, right?" I dropped off my shock expression, she didn't answer me with a word, instead, she have my arms wrapped oround her, making me holding her from her back. I felt no more shivers, no more tremblings, she gazed up to the sky peacefully and savored the whole fireworks, now,she's not the Sunny who was afraid of pyrotechnics anymore, she has changed into a stronger girl, it think, this is the best time to come up with my wish in this magical moment.

 

"Sunny, shall I declare my wish?" I asked from her back.

 

"What? I thought seeing this firework with me was your wish! Never mind, spit it out, boy." she looked at me.

 

"I wish...I wish you'll be willing to regard me forever as your little brother.." 

 

"Of course! That's not a wish, it' the reality right now, ask for something better~" 

 

"And...you'll be willing to let me go, wholeheartedly." I ended my wish declaration.

 

"Huh?..What are you talking about?" she asked in disbelief. I faced her to me so she can see my eyes, she must know what I'm about to tell.

 

"Yeah, let me go, Sunny. I know, I can see it right through you, you're not ready to lose me, I'm not being so proud and all but, I wish..more than anything..I wish you can let me stay in Japan and you accept it with all your heart, so I can send you off with a smile." I smiled upon her.

 

I can heard the sound of sobbing, it came from Sunny of course, she's crying again, crying over me.

 

"Sunny, don't cry, you've wasted enough tears for me, in fact, you should be happy. No more bothers, no more troubles in your life, just you with your sisters in your perfect little life. Isn't that great?" I acted to stay strong, I didn't realize I was holding my tears as well.

 

"It isn't, you've never been a bother nor troubles to me.." she crashed herself onto me and ended up in my arms once again, her cap dropped when she crashed.

 

"Yukiya..I have many friends, sisters, and a family. But, ever since you came around, I always thought that I can never get off you, I feel uneasy when you're not around me, I know..even if I have everything right by my side, without you..I will still feel lonely" she said in tears.

 

"...Cry" I whispered.

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Cry as much as you want...use this disappointment of yours to encourage you to see me with a smile in the future and then I will feel valued by you, I know how you feel, Sunny, because I feel the same way as you do. I'm the one who want to cry...at this moment." I released all my tears that I have held, for a long, long time, they fell on Sunny's hair respectively.

 

"Yukiya..."

 

Then, we held each others for couple of minutes with silent over us, only the sound of crying can be heard. We hugged each other as long as we wanted, because we don't know when can we share this hug once again, and with that, the beautiful, magical, yet unforgettable journey to Disneyland Tokyo ends here...showed us the sign of the new beginning of our separating lives in the future...