Surprise Surprise!

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Yukiya is starting his day with Sunny once again, in the middle of his happiness...there's a new happy news comes along, tommorow is Sunny's birthday! What will Yukiya and the girls do?

 

Yukiya's POV

Another summer day, I'm again with my dear sister beside me. I'm happy that those hurtful times finally, there's no more burden in my shoulder right now. I go out to fee lthe morning sun, warming myself, i'ts been a while since I felt a nic sunshine like this. To think of it, Sunny's not in her bed since I awake, I wonder where she is?

 

I see Sunny's preparing for breakfast so early, and she has all dressed up.

 

"Good morning, Yukiya. How's your sleep? Are you feeling better?" As usual, she always ask about my sleep.

 

"It's refreshing, better than I was in the hospital, Noona"

 

"That's a good news, look, I made the breakfast, come on eat" 

 

We eat quietly, no words at all from the both of us, Maybe this is because I stayed in the hospital too long, we don't know what to say, I try to break the ice.

 

"Sunny, at what time did you wake up? It's unusual you woke up before me, usually you still snore at this time" sometimes I can be such a capricous person

 

"Are you teasing me, Yukiya?" she pinches my cheek easily.

 

"Haha, I'm just kidding. By the way, why are you all dressed up?

 

"Oh, this, I'm going to the SNSD dorm, they say they want to talk about something with me, do you want to come along?"

 

"Sure" I eat up my breakfast faster. I don't want to miss another meeting with the girls.

 

I wash up and get ready for the walk, to think of it, it's profitable to have an apartment that's not so far from the dorm, because we don't have to spend any money to go there. We enter the dorm and the girls are watching TV. 

 

"Annyeonghaseo! Everyone, I'm here!"

 

"Oh it's you, Sunny." Their faces are not friendly, it's like something's happening.

 

"Aren't you the one who called me? Please show some a bit of interest or something" Sunny's acting like a child, she wants their attention so badly.

 

"Although we live in different places, we always see each other everyday, right? So there's nothing interesting at all. In fact, we're here just to see Yukiya because we miss him" Taeyeon said, I can't imagine what's in Sunny's heart, that words are just cruel, is there something wrong? She frowns and her face is red, I think she's angry.

 

"So.....why do you call me, then?" she turns away.

 

"Ah, yes, actually I need to remind you that my room is completely messy with the stuffs you left, when you go without our permission, can you please tidy it up and make it clean like before? In the meantime, we will to talk to Yukiya" she added.

 

"Roger that" She's too lazy to listen anymore, she answered like a soldier that has been forced by her commander to follow any instructions she gave to her. She goes to her old room direcly.

 

"Yuki, sit here" Sooyoung suggests me to sit beside her

 

I sit down, my heart shows some compassion to Sunny, I need to know why they do this. 

 

"Sooyoung Noona, why are you become so cold to Sunny? Is there something happening between you and her?" 

 

When I ask that, their faces suddenly smile, iand say "You know what day tomorrow is? Tomorrow is Sunny's birthday!"

 

The moment they said that, my mind can't help to think to help them work on Sunny, this isn't something I can miss, after all, who wants to miss the birthday of your sister?

 

Sunny's coming out from her room, bringing all the items that she left, I pretend to act cold too.

 

"Let's go home. Yukiya. I've brought all my items"

 

"Nah, I want stay overnight here, I miss our Noonas, I want to spend more time to set back the moment I missed in the hospital" I can see the girls are winking to me, I think I did a great job tricking her there.

 

"Oh...okay, then. So....I'll just pick you up tomorrow, okay?" she loses her spirit after she heard what I said, It's a little bit sad to see her like this, but be patient my sister! Then she left without any words, in her back, we laugh, we're such kids.

 

"Okay! Time for decorating!" Yoona screams loudly as the girls preparing everything, I help too.

 

The decoration is getting better and better as we work on it, Hyoyeon and I work on the birthday cake, I try to gather information.

 

"Noona, is it always like this every year?"

 

"Yeah, it's our tradition, It really helps us to make a better friendship"

 

They may fight each other sometimes, but their bonds are stronger than I think. Hearing that just makes me more passionate, we work until night, the nine of us work until we exhausted. It may seems tiring, but if we work with heart, we can always continue with a smile. Then we're all done. Everyone cheer for their big success, excited about what will happen tomorrow.

 

But something reminds me, where should I sleep in here? I said to Sunny that I would stayed overnight but I don't have any slightest idea about where should I sleep. 

 

"Yuki, I know you're tired, you should rest now, we'll do the cleaning. You just came out from the hospital, right? Don't overdo yourself. You should use my room"  It's like Taeyeon reads my mind.

 

"But...is it--"

 

"It's fine, now go to sleep, I will join you later"

 

I can't say no, because if I go to hospital again, tomorrow won't be a surprise anymore. I go to the room. I turn off the light and text Sunny to tell her that she should pick me up in the morning tomorrow, I can imagine her face right now, She may stay sad now, but I'm sure, tomorrow, will be the best day ever for you, and for me, my sunshine.