Farewell, Akagi!

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Yukiya has heard another miserable truth, his heart is broken. But with the help of Soojin and Sunny who grew bonds between each other, Yukiya finally defeats his own sorrow and continue to smile again, read this extraordinary chapter!

Sunny's POV

 

*Yawns* 

 

"Huh? Yuki?! Where is he? Gosh, I hope he doesn't go anywhere dangerous without my watch" I muttered

 

I got out of the car in a rush, then I turn on my flashlight since it's night already, I keep calling his name but he there's no answer. Sigh, where are you, Yukiya? 

 

Then, I was shocked by a figure that's standing before me, I dropped my flashlight accidentally. The person who shocked me helped me to take my flashlight, then I gave  flash to her, it's the girl I saved earlier when yukiya was sleeping.

 

"Mianhaeyo, I didn't mean to frighten you" she apologized...in Korean?

 

"It's okay, I don't mind"

 

This time, she was frightened by me. She jumped and took a backstep in a shock. 

 

"Omo! Aren't you So Nyuh Shi Dae's Sunny?" Oh, she was shocked to see an artist here, well I'd be the same if I were her.

 

"Yes, that's right. Annyeong, I guess you must be Korean too, right?"

 

"Annyeong, yes I'm Korean. Sorry I was surprised to see a big star in front of my eyes, by the way...what are you doing here, exactly?" her attitude suddenly changed, she became more shy than ever.

 

"I was just accompanying my little brother, and found you out unconciously on the ground"

 

"Oh, mianhaeyo, I've been such a trouble for you...wait, did you say little brother?" she asked me.

 

"Yes, something wrong?" 

 

She put her index finger under her chin, and thought.

 

"Are you....Yukiya's sister?" 

 

"That's right! How did you guess? Have you met him before?" I wondered who this girl is.

 

She's shocked after I told that I'm Yukiya's sister, well I haven't make him my little brother formally but, I still think the both of us as siblings, very close siblings.

 

"I don't know if you've ever heard about me from Yukiya, but let me introduce myself, I'm Kim Soojin, Yukiya's friend from Sunnyday"

 

I grasped her shoulders, and ask in a high tone.

 

"What?! So you're Soojin that Yukiya told me about? The one who searched for...oh mianhe" I couldn't control my words, I'm too excited because I've found her. I'd better not mention her lost brother.

 

"It's alright, unnie. I don't mind" she replied in a kind way.

 

"I'm glad I've found you of all people, you're the very person that Yukiya always wanted to see, I think he will feel better if he sees you" 

 

Her face turned into sorrow after I said that.

 

"What is it? Is something matter?"  I asked if there's something wrong.

 

"I should tell you everything, unnie"

 

When I asked her to hop on the truck, Mr. Goro came back with a gas on his hand. He said that we should stay a night on the bus since it's late already, maybe it's a little bit uncomfortable but I'll endure it anyway. He then went off somewhere.

 

"So, tell me your story Soojin" 

 

She told me everything about herself, from the very start when she met Yukiya, and how they ended up in Sunnyday. About her lost brother, and how their friend who named Akagi died. This girl suffered a lot, as lot as Yukiya, but Yukiya still have me, that's what different between them, but this girl is alone, struggling herself against the odds.

 

"Mianhe, if I was the one postponed your meeting with Yukiya, he always put me first before himself" she apologized and cried a little, I feel bad for her. I called Yukiya selfish back then when he didn't reply me, but If I were in his position...maybe I'll do the same thing. I'm sorry, Yukiya.

 

"No, it's my fault, I'm the one who should apologize. He managed every way to search for you and all I can do is holding him back. I'm sorry, Soojin. As an apology, you can ask me anything from now on, we're like...sisters from now on!" I cheered her up.

 

"Kamsahamnida, unnie" She smiled, I''m so happy she did. 

 

"Speaking of which, I don't see Yukiya since dusk, do you know where he is, Soojin?"

 

"Yes...he's in the back of the truck, He still feel depressed because he lost his bestfriend, mianhe, I shouldn't have told him that"

 

"No, you did the right thing, although it's painful you still bear it and took the liberty to told him the truth. It will bring more pain to him if you kept it by yourself and tell him later, and bring pain for you as well, Soojin"

 

I got off from the truck, and went to the back, he sat still in silent without a word, maybe regreted about what happened to Akagi. I tried to comfort him with Soojin behind my back.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

He left me, without even saying goodbye...Why, Akagi? I gave a thought to myself. 

 

"Yukiya" Sunny sat beside me.

 

"I've heard about Akagi" I believed that Soojin told her about Akagi.

 

"I wanted him to keep watching me, I wanted him to be here when I come back. To have him see me do more than just screw up, until now I've only shown my failures to him..." I confessed to Sunny how do I feel about Akagi.

 

"Akagi had nothing but to praise you, he'd brag constantly about you, how you were his besfriend" Soojin joined the conversation.

 

"How you were a friend who'd inherited his spirit, he never doubted you for a minute that you'd be happy again" she added.

 

"I don't know a lot about Akagi, but...I'm sure, he will always be watching over you. But if you just sit around sulking, he won't be able to brag about you, so...don't stop being a person who earned all that praise, be yourself and cheer up, dongsaeng" Sunny continued what Soojin just said.

 

"He taught me a lot of things, some of it was invaluable, some of it was useless. He did the same to you right, lots of things, countless things" Soojin said.

 

"You can't stay sad forever and regret about what you've done, you did lot of great things, you just haven't noticed it. Get a grip, Yukiya. You've got a job to do" Sunny pointed at Soojin.

 

I'm speechless, they're right. I can't stay like this forever, Akagi won't expect this from me either. Finally, I can smile, now I know the right thing to do. I got off the bus and looked at the stars.

 

"AKAGI! I know you're there watching over me! Please continue to supervise me from now on! I will do my best for you, I'll take care of Soojin just like you did! It's my promise to you now, thanks for keeping your promise until your very end! I won't forget you! We will be best friends forever and ever! Thank you for everything until now, and farewell Akagi!"

 

I shouted through the sky with tears flowing from my eyes, this is not a sad tears but happy one, I hope my message be heard by him. I clenched my fist towards the sky, like our last parting. I hoped that he will continue to smile when he looked at me, and giving me a goodluck, for living my life.