Meeting With The Orphans

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Back to Yukiya's POV, he, Banzai and Soojin are going somewhere with the other children survivors. They're wondering what'll happen to their life next.

 

"We're here! Come out at once!" the man talk loudly, ordering the passengers to get out of the car, me and Soojin look at each other and nodded. When we get out from the car, I hear children's voice fro mthe building beside me, and the truck leave.

 

There's a woman standing in front of the building, and she say "Hello all! Welcome to the Sunnyday! This is the place for the children that have lost their home and family during the earthquake. At this desperate moment, we need to help each other, yes? Now let me introduce myself, I'm Madam Aki, the owner of Sunnyday, I take care of everything here"

 

Madam Aki's words make the others feel relieved, finally they can make new friends here and a they have the ideal place to stay. When we enter the house of the orphans, there are children from 4 years old until 11 years old, I can't really tell their ages.  "Horaaayyy!! New friends!" one of the children say so with full of cherishment, and the other children start rushing at us.

 

"We're going to have a hard time if it's like this" a guy speak beside me, he's like my age but he's a bit taller than I am, he's also wearing a glasses "Hey, nice to meet'cha, I'm Akagi, one of the lucky guy, just like you" 

 

"Hello, I'm Yukiya" I introduce myself to him

 

"What a name, should I call you Yuk? Kiya? or maybe just Uki?"

 

"Haha, just call me Yuki, oh by the way" I drag Soojin that's been searching for something, I don't exactly know what "This is my friend, Soojin, she's from South Korea"

 

"Hello Soojin, my name's Akagi" Akagi introduces himself nicely, but there's a bit difference in his introduction with me. Soojin doesn't seem to be paying attention, she's not even say "Hi" I wonder if she doesn't understand Akagi

 

"Well, it seems like we're going to be good friends, catch ya later folks, and goodluck living your life!" he waves goodbye as he join the crowd of the kids.

 

Soojin's still searching for something, so I ought to ask her "Hey, what is it that you're looking for?" 

 

"Oh nothing, I just hope that my brother is here, but I think he isn't" her face is full of deppresion that fills her heart, I almost forgot that she's been searching for her brother. I can see tears in her eyes.

 

"We'll find him, for sure" i say it again to comfort her heart

 

"Thanks, Yuki" she reply with a smile, but sad one

 

Suddenly my phone vibrates, I take a look at the phone and she ask "What is it?"

 

I see a message from Sunny, but I look at Soojin once again and leave her with one word "Nothing". 

 

I reply Sunny's mesage shortly : I'm sorry Sunny, I can't tell you just yet. There's something I must do before I go to you'"

"P.S. Don't worry about me, I'm dong fine"