Yukiya Hikari's Resolution

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

It has been days, but their search for Yukiya's parents has been fruitless. Unable to see Yukiya in pain, Sunny did something that's between brave and crazy, she even put her sisters in at stake, of course, there's always reaction in every action, things will turned unexpectedly. 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Time passed, but every effort we put didn't show a sign, we asked the police station but they were unable to contact them because it seemed that both of Yukiya's parents changed their cellphone number. The place where they stay? Still unknown, because they didn't say a word to the landlord about it when they left the last apartment. We ran out of options, the only thing we can do is wait, hoping that miracle would come at the right time...we can only pray for this uncertainty.

 

"Taengoo? Are you there?" Tiffany flicked her finger in front of me, snapping me back to the real world. I was thinking hardly that I didn't remember we was having dinner and discussing our next concert.

 

"Oh, mianhe Fany. Where was I?" I dumbly asked.

 

"Yah! Kid leader! You were about to told us our schedule for tommorow! You even barely eat, where were you, in your mind, exactly?" Jessica hissed.

 

"I was thinking about..." I looked if Sunny's around, I was afraid I might offend her again if I mentioned Yukiya. Fortunately, I thought about it first, because she was there.

 

"I was thinking about lot of things, mianhe everyone" I avoided.

 

"Like...about Yukiya?" Sunny suddenly startled me.

 

"An..annyeo! It was nothing like that!" My word tered and I blushed, goodness, I should do better than this.

 

"Cut the act, unnie. I can read you like a book, you were thinking about him, weren't you?" Sunny continue to interrogated me.

 

"Sigh...arraso arraso! I WAS sparing a thought about him, it's a lie if I said I didn't, you guys probably have the same in your minds, don't you? You know what's happening right now"

 

I emphasized my words. "Yeah...that poor boy" Hyoyeon words made the room silent for a while, the nine of us probably thought the very same thing, thinking about how to help him, and what will happen if we fail in the end.

 

"Think positive guys! We still have many chances around! If we think bad, then the result will come out bad, am I right?" Sunny forced to smile, to enlighten our burden.

 

"Yeah! Didn't we promised to him? Our power of nine is unstoppable! Believe the bonds we made together, if we're together, there's nothing we can't do" Sooyoung added.

 

"You're right, both Sunny and Sooyoung are right, c'mon guys, keep your head up! If we look gloomy in front of him, he might noticed!" I encouraged them even more, their smile to me was their answer.They even giggled at me.

 

"Ya..Yah! Why are you girls laughing?" I asked with a irritated tone.

 

"Haha, annyeo, it's just, we didn't know that you have such feelings toward him" Yoona said.

 

"Who said I have feelings over him? He's just my dongsaeng that I wanted to protect and cherish" I clarified my feelings, those words are pure from my heart...or are they? Now I'm not so sure.

 

"Ne, we understand leader~" They kept giggling, giving me annoying smiles. Maybe they still didn't believe what I just said.

 

"Argh, you girls can be so mischievous sometimes" I said.

 

"You're part of us, don't say it like you're someone else, Kim Taeyeon" Sica said.

 

"Arraso arraso! Okay, this is meeting has ended, tommorow we're going to the concert in the early morning so make sure you all sleep well tonight! SNSD, dismissed!" I ordered, I can't keep them longer, it might turn worse if I continue the pep talk. I must see manager oppa first about tommorow, it's going to be a long day for us.

 

Sunny's POV

 

Oh my, Taeyeon has developed her feelings that much? I can't help but laugh, somehow. Even I was against it, but to think it's funny if unnie likes Yukiya, really, Yukiya has the power to attract girls subconciously, I mean, he even made maknae loves him, and now our leader. Too bad that none of us are allowed to have any boyfriends, if they really go out together, media press will kill us with their twisted facts, it's their habit to turn the reality.

 

I got back to our room, and Yukiya was playing with his cellphone while laying on the bed, even though he's smiling, I still sense some bitterness in his expression.

 

"What are you doing, Yukiya?" I put my jacket on the drawer and asked him.

 

"Oh, Sunny noona, you're back. How did the meeting went?" he asked back, ignoring my question.

 

"It went well" I answered shortly.

 

"That's good to hear" then he forgot about me and kept playing with his cellphone once again, I feel upset and took his cellphone playfully. 

 

"Noona! What are you doing, that's mine!" he tried to take it back but my hands were agile enough to avoid his catches, I just wanted to see what he's been doing.

 

"Seriously, what's so wrong handing your phone to your own sister? What were you watching....oh.." my mood turned down when I see the screen, it's him and his parents pictures that he has been looking just now.

 

"There, satisfied? Now will you please give it back to me?" he gave me a sad looking face, I feel bad to him, I handed his cellphone with guilt. My body then instinctly went over and hugged him, I feel sorry about what I've done, I shouldn't have done that in first place.

 

"Mianhe, Yukiya. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" I asked for forgiveness.

 

"Hey, noona. It's okay as long as you understand" he hugged me back. 

 

I broke the hug and looked at his eyes, he really can't hide that sad expression of his, even though he forced to smile at me. If only I can make something that can make him feel better...

 

"Noona, it's late already, we should call it a day, you have a concert tomorrow, right? You don't your pretty eyes become puffy on the stage. Let's rest, I'll be cheering for you and noonas tomorrow." I was moved by what I said, I can't believe that in his worst condition, he still have time to concern about the others. Boy, if only I can make you happy as much as you made me...

 

My eyes can't shut, even though it's dark. I stood up and turned of the light, I watched my sleeping dongsaeng, even though he seemed perfectly fine, I'm sure he is mentally exhausted, fate has been playing tricks on him. Our efforts to unite him with his parents didn't show any progress...ottokhae...

 

Like a light bulb that has been , a crazy-like-but-effective idea crossed my mind. But...to think it's way too dangerous, I reconsidered over and over again in the night. But my heart's settled, like the old sayings said, no pain, no gain, so tommorow will be the signal of my start.

 

"You've waited long enough for your happiness, Yukiya Hikari. This time, noona will settle everything for you, just you wait what your noona is made of" I his hair while I was saying my oath. Then I turned off the light and go to bed once again.

 

-One day later-

 

"Girls, you ready?" Taeyeon asked eight of us if we're settled.

 

"Yes we are, SNSD, hwaiting!" Sooyoung signaled our signature remark, the others cheered as well. Then, the nine of us went to the concert hall, like usual, Yukiya took a different cab with the same destination, speaking of him, I'm sure that he's going to be surprised by my plan, whether he like it or not. You better prepare yourself, my dongsaeng.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

I lift my feet from the hotel and headed to the concert hall with a cab, one thing remained in my mind, since this morning, Sunny's been acting very weirdly, she kept shouting loudly and she's so hyperactive, I wondered in the vehicle, is there something good happening to her? I can't wait to know what's on her mind, really.

 

Anyway, I got the chance once again to see the noonas' performance in the front row and greet them in the backstage once the concert ends, I don't know why, but my heart raced, at times like this, usually I foreseen that something will happen, it can be really bad or good.

 

As soon as I got there, I saw the fans are screaming my noonas' name, it makes me a little bit proud, a total foreigner like me, have a blood relation with one of them, I giggled if I remembered again about our first meeting. I sneaked into the crowd and joined them, pretending to be one of the fans. 

 

I watched their whole performance, as usual, they looked so stunning, mesmerizing and gorgeous. Their refreshing performance made me feel relieved, even in times like this, I can still enjoy my life, I must be grateful to what I have and stop complaining about what I don't, there are people who are not as lucky as me.

 

As soon as the show goes on, I didn't realize that time flew so quickly, and it's time for them to close the show, that's what I thought, but suddenly Sunny spoke up without a warning.

 

"Dear Sones, I have something to announce!" 

 

Every eyes were focused to Sunny at that time, even the other noonas' expression seemed shocked as well, but pretended to smile. Of course they're surprised, even Sunny didn't told about part like this.

 

"Actually, today I have a special guest! He came all the way from Japan as I requested him to watch our performance!"

 

WHAT?! SUNNY, ARE YOU MAD?! I thought. My jaws dropped, I stared at her and her only in a shock, I can't speak a word, I was too confused. SUNNY! YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR WHOLE CAREER AND LIFE IN STAKE! WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND SERIOUSLY!! I shouted through my heart.

 

The audience grew wild as they're discussing with their left and right, I heard they whispered artists who are issued to be Sunny's boyfriend, it will be even better if that's true, but this...? Sunny, you should do better than this, what's the point mentioning about me anyway...

 

"I kindly request him to get on stage..." she seemed to be searching for me among the crowd, I wanted to hide, but if I do, one person will screw the whole show! Thanks, Sunny, for putting me into this kind of trouble. I took a deep breath, and encouraged myself to step on the stage, 

 

I stepped my foot on stage, silent fell over the whole stadium. Then...seconds passed, the crowd suddenly went wild again, I closed my eyes in fear, being on the stage and being on the bench, the feeling is too different, the atmosphere felt heavy, I can hardly breath, I was afraid that I'm gonna collapse again soon..

 

Suddenly, I felt warm hand gripping my hand, it was Sunny, she held me tight and signaled me to smile to the audience, I shyly waved my other hand. Every actions I made, became a disaster, their reaction was way to excessive. They began guessing who I am, that's what I despised most, I'm afraid that they will have weird thoughts in their mind.

 

"This is my dongsaeng, Yukiya Hikari, you guys probably never heard about him. But he was one of the survivor from the Tohoku earthquake incident, all I wanted to say is, he is one of you, Japan Sones! I hope you will give him your support, and to the other survivors as well!" Sunny shouted in happiness, while I still avoid them, wondering if this is a nightmare that will end soon.

 

"Let's hear it from him!" Taeyeon added, giving me her mike, is this planned by them, together? I took the mind, my hands are shivering, I don't know what to say in this kind of situation.

 

"Um..er...konnichiwa, as you can see, I'm Sunny noona's dongsaeng, my name is Hikari Yukiya...and...er, the reason that noona brought me on this stage, her purpose is to help me to find my lost parents,  I just wish that if they are watching me, here, on this stage, with my noona." this is the only thing I have in mind, since I was thinking about them the whole show.  

 

"I don't know if you're there, otosan, okasan, but I wish you can hear me upon my speech today. I believe, you're still searching for me as I searched for you too.." my tears blurred my vision, but I completely getting the hang of it.

 

"All I want to say is, aieru, otosan, okasan, I still hoping that I will be able to see your faces again, I'm living happily with my noonas by my side, but my life is not complete without you...I'm such a lucky person, to know that there are people who have worse fate. I have encountered many problems along the way here, it was an extraordinary adventure to spent with people who spent the same fate as me, I hope, my prayers will be answered to all those victims of the natural disaster that just occured, for my family, for Japan, and for myself. Arigatto...arigatto.." I bowed and ended my speech, and I stood straight again, then I heard clappings, and my name is being cheered. THe spectators were wiping their tears off their face, I can't believe what I said touched their heart that deep, because it came from the bottom of my heart, I guess.

 

"Yukiya! Yukiya!" I can't help but releasing tears even more when I heard my name, their kindness is priceless, and it's not something I can't reach alone, without Sunny's help, without my sisters' help. Sunny, who is being teared up as well, offered me her warm hug, I accepted it and the crowd cheered again, I'm so happy, that there are people who understands and care about me, about us, about the victims.

 

"You did well, Yukiya" Sunny whispered to my ears, then I broke the hug. The other noonas were already lining up beside us, Seohyun took my left hand while Sunny held my right's. We bowed to the audience for their kind support and love.

 

Today, is the best day that has ever happened to me, i will treasure this moment until the end of my life, until the day I die, I will remember. It's another awoken dream, that I'd never expect, it's a dream come true to be here, on this stage, with my noonas, with my sister, Sunny.

 

I wondered...would they be watching this? I can't wait to know..