If You Wish, Wish Very Strongly...

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

I run in a rush to the hospital in the early morning, with an expectation that Yukiya will wake up once I'm there, but only disappointments come to my heart, his eyes are still closing tightly, I check on his body temperature, he's better now, his breathing is normal again. There's a compress on his forehead, I wonder who did this to him? Then I see Seohyun's sleeping on the bed, she's taking care of him all night when I'm not there, I suppose. Thank you, Seohyun.

 

"Maknae, wake up, it's morning already" I try to wake her up slowly.

 

"Yukiya!" She wakes up by jumping off her bed, surprising me. I was catapulted when she did that, maybe she thinks I'm Yukiya.

 

"Gosh! Maknae, you scared me!|

 

"Oh...it's you unnie. I'm so sorry, I just had a bad dream"

 

I stand up and fix her rumpled hair with my comb, I'm trying to be sympathetic to her "What kind of dreams? Can you tell me?"

 

"I'm sorry, unnie, it's very terrible and I don't want to talk about it...I don't want this dream become real, I'm so sorry" she refuses to tell me what dreams she had, there's no point insisting her to answer me anyway, it's just a mere bad dream, they pass. 

 

"That's okay, now why don't you go home now? Your unnies are waiting for you, let me take care of things from now on. Thank you for taking care of my brother, maknae"

 

"Arasso, unnie, take care of him, alright?"

 

"Sure, you can count on me"

 

She left, actually I was about to ask her about her condition, she seems depressed and not as healthy as before, I wonder because of the rain yesterday? Well, I can ask her later. Now to Yukiya.

 

"Morning, dongsaeng, how are you feeling? Don't worry, I'll be on your side from now on. I know you're stronger than this! Please, wake up really soon, I missed you already" actually I'm encouraging myself,  because I don't know what to say when he's like this. I change his compress because it's cold already, I wonder what will happen to him if Seohyun didn't take care of him? I can't imagine.

 

In time, I just change his compress over and over again, there's not much that I can do right now but I'll try my best, sometimes I gently his face. Time passes by as I take care of him, but I don't realize the time is running. Suddenly, someone knock the door, I open it up, it's Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Yoona.

 

"Ya! dongsaeng, at what time you've been here?" Yoona ask me.

 

"Around eight o'clock, I think"

 

"You think? It's two o'clock already, dummy, are you treating him for the past four hours? Have you eaten anything?"

 

"Gee, I think I haven't" I'm dumb as usual, because my mind is concentrating on taking care of Yukiya completely, I don't even think about eating.

 

"Ya! You must eat or you'll end up in hospital as well!" Taeyeon warns me.

 

"You'll forget everything when it comes to Yukiya, won't you?" Sooyoung added.

 

"Now, let's go get some lunch" Sooyoung pulls my hand.

 

"But--"

 

"Ssst! Shut your mouth, I don't want to hear any comments again. You should care about yourself too, kiddo"

 

To think that Sooyoung's right pains me, if I get sick then I can't take care of Yukiya again. But still, I'm not sincere to leave Yukiya just like that, he's just as worrysome as ever. Guess I'll have no choice but to come along.

 

We eat at the nearest restaurant, I guess the others are concerning about Yukiya as well as I do, that's why they pick a place that's not so far from the hospital, I think they're going to pay a  visit to Yukiya after this.

 

"Dongsaeng, we've decided" 

 

"Decided what, unnie?" 

 

The three of them look at each other before they answer "We'll take care of Yukiya as well"

 

"Wh...Why?"

 

"Why? That's an odd question you ask there, there's no need for reason to help other people, right? Especially your own family. After all, we love Yukiya as much as you do, dongsaeng." Yoona kindly speaks

 

I was moved by her words, she said he is part of our family. He was a stranger back then but they happily accept them as a family, I don't realize how lucky I can be to be a member of SNSD, I'm so proud of them, and I'm sure Yukiya will be delightful if he hear this.

 

"Thank you, unnie. I don't know how to repay you, guys.."

 

"They say your happiness doubles and you sadness halves when you share it with other people, at a time like this we should help one another, hand in hand"  Yoona added.

 

"Thank you so much unnies" I bow to show them my full respect, I was being disrespectful back then.

 

And so, the nine of us take care of Yukiya alternatively, what makes me happy is that none of them show some grudge when they take care of him, some of them say they wanted to stay longer with him, Yukiya, can't you feel their love to you? Why won't you open your eyes to see thei happy faces? They all work hard for you.

 

Still, there's no response from Yukiya, even though we try our hardest. The doctor explained that his life is in danger if he stays like this, his body is getting weaker...countless days have been passed since he went to the hospital.

 

In one of those days, there's a moment where I can't endure it anymore. I cry while I'm saying bitter words "Yuki...how many times you have to make me worry about you, I'm an useless sister, I can't even protect you, Please open your eyes, please..come back to me, didn't you say that I'm your dream?" I continue sobbing, I know this wouldn't make anything better but I can't hold it anymore.

 

Yukiya's POV (Dream World)

 

Where...am I? It's pitch-black here, I feel cold and...terriblem what is this place? I've slept for so long, I can't remember..is this a dream? Somebody, anybody...help me to get out this awful place...please.

 

In all of the sudden, I see glimpse of light, they're surrounding me, they are beautiful and bright, like fireflies. They make my heart warmer than before. In the light, I see faces that I recognize, Soojin, Akagi, Mother, Father, they're the ones who make my life a better one, I'm truthfully have to thank them.

 

The lights keep show up, more and more of them show many important people for me, Madam Aki, The children of Sunnydat, the driver who took me to Sunny, Banzai, Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Yooona, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Seohyun. These are the people who gave me a new life, new head start.

 

And the largest and brightest light comes, it's Sunny's face that's in the lightm she keeps calling my name with a smile, everything feels so real, I try to reach her but her light is fading away, and so are the others, I'm all alone again...suddenly, I hear voices, not in my ear, in my heart.

 

"Your family, your sister are heartbroken, A true family, family of life. You finally realize it now...if you wish, wish very strongly, perhaps you will meet again,"

 

I answer through my heart : 

 

"I don't want to leave, I want to stay longer, with my invaluable, irreplaceable sister, There are still promises I haven't fulfilled."

 

"So be it, then"

 

After the voices stop echoing in my heart, a light shines brightly, it slowly blinding my sight until I can't see a thing, everything's white. 

 

After a while, I realize that I'm somewhere unfamiliar, my sight hasn't fully recovered yet, the light of the lamp dazzles my eyes. Where am I? I hear a voice of sobbing, there's a girl beside me crying.

 

".....Sunny? Is that...you?"

 

She wakes up from her sleep in a snap and jumping off to me with full of cherish.

 

"Yukiya....Yukiya...Yukiya!" She's glad, that I'm back from my stagnation. I'm happy that I still get the chance to live to see her, once more.