That Day Changes My Life, Forever...

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Today is suppose to be the day I'll meet Lee Soon-Kyu, at least, that's what I thought. But something is going to my beloved country, Japan.

RANGRANGRANG!!! RANGRANGRANG!!! The annoying alarm wakes me up, aw c'mon, it's the start of the holiday and why should I worry about waking up early? Geez, I need more sleeping, it won't hurt, right? Zzz....

 

WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD! WAKE UP!!!” There isn't a minute since the moment I slept, my father wakes me up with those voice of his that has no difference with my alarm. “This isn't the time for dozing off, kiddo. If you don't finish your breakfast now, I'll just it give away to Banzai”

 

Banzai is a white-colored dog that I owned, he is a loyal dog and one of my very bestfriend I've ever had, not to mention he's also over-protective.

 

Okay, okay I get it...I'll eat my breakfast now” I mumble to my father, he doesn't look so happy. I eat my breakfast alone, maybe I was too late, well I don't mind, it's more peaceful this way, though. I take a walk with Banzai, he seems eager today, in the middle of the activity, Banzai stop his step, suddenly a little earthquake charges, and I lost my balance. The earthquake stops, suddenly my phone rings, it's mother.

 

Yuki, where are you?! Come home soon, dear! It's dangerous out there! Come home safely” Mother sounds different, she doesn't get panic easily so maybe...maybe something dangerous is coming, I didn't realize, that's the last words I hear from my mother. On my way home, I heard news that there are many earthquakes that'll hit Japan, many people talk about it. Suddenly, I feel tremblings on the ground, I order Banzai to stop and stay to the ground. It's a big earthquake!

 

I can't stand on my foot, the shaking of the ground is just too strong, people start screaming loudly, I close my eyes, I can't help but wondering, will I survive? What about Banzai? Are my parents all right? What about Lee Soon-Kyu? I don't exactly know where I am, my body's shaking, I'm afraid that my time is up.

 

 

But, the earthquake stopped, thank god. I'm getting myself up, but I can't find Banzai, I shout his name but nothing answers, everything's silent. In the middle of my searching, I hear something....it's a sound of rumbling water.....WATER?! Don't tell me....

 

Then, A tsunami head towards me, and it hit me badly. I got my self sink in the water, I can either think or breathe, everything happens so quickly, all I can see inside the water is the drowning people “This is no time to be panic!” I encourage myself, first I must find the surface. I swim with no clue of direction, than I finally find the surface, but the flow of the water makes it harder to swim. But, maybe I'm a very lucky person, I found a piece of wood, and I hold on tight to it, but my vision starts to fade, the last thing I see is a silhouette of Banzai...

 

Woof, Woof” I hear a voice, is it Banzai...? I open my eyes and yes, it's Banzai after all. “Good boy” I say it to him sentimentally, I feel aches and pains all over my body, my head is bleeding, but, thank god, I'm still alive. I wake up and I see a terrrible view, a lot of people lying in the street, banner of stores and destroyed buildings, The only thing that's alive is me....and Banzai.

 

I run as fast as possible, ignoring my pain. I follow after Banzai, he knows what I'm looking for : Home. I stop my tracks and...there's nothing left, my home is no more. There's only a picture of my family

Tears flow from my eyes, making the photo wet,I keep saying “Mother, Father....why?” and everything remain silent.

Today, my life changes, forever...