Days Before Departure (Day 2/3) - Heroine

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Sunny and Yukiya finally get what they wish for, things are going their way as it should be....that's what they thought, they don't realize that concert is going to be their next trouble, something's wrong with Sunny's voice.

 

Yukiya's POV

 

Huh? It's morning already? The last thing I remembered is that I was with Seohyun yesterday, now I'm already on my bed. Sunny's still asleep, oh well guess I have no choice but to prepare breakfast myself, after all I've been doing that these days.

 

While I was preparing breakfast, Sunny rushes into the dining room. She's using body languange that I can't understand. I ask her for this oddity.

 

"Noona, please talk clearly"

 

She sighs, not satisfied that I don't understand her, she points to , and make a sign "X" with her hands. Finally I get it, she has lost her voice...SAY WHAT?! She lost her voice on this really-important day?! The concert will be a total failure if you olost your voice now. You got to be kidding me, Sunny! 

 

"Let's just take you to the dorm later okay, what time the show starts?"

 

She makes number 7 with her right hand, it's must be terrible to lost your voice, you can't communicate unless the one who's talking to you understand what you want to say, since we're new in this apartment, we haven't thought of buying any paper so that she can write down what she wants to say. 

 

The both of us eat hastily, we don't even taste the food. Then, I, who finished first immediately go out to buy her a drawing book. I go back as soon as I get it. I tell her to use this, she nods. I call Seohyun before I go there.

 

"Hello, Yukiya. How are you right now?"

 

"I'm fine, look, this is an emergency, I'm coming there as soon as I can"

 

"Huh? What is it?"

 

"I'll tell you later...no, she will"

 

I turn off the phone, Sunny's still trying to let her voice come out but there's nothing she can do to prevent this from happening. As soon as we reach  the dorm,  we tell them that the unthinkable has happened, of course this is a surprising news for them.

 

"Maybe Sunny should do lip-sync for this concert!" Yoona  proposes her idea.

 

"No way! You remembered what happened to me! If we do a sudden lip-sync like this, I don't  think everything will go well"  Jessica rejects Yoona's idea, maybe she has an awful past with lip-sync.

 

"We have to treat her first, let's go to a clinic or something" Tiffany suggests.

 

The ten of us go to a hospital by van, hope there will a miracle come along. She undergoes every check-up, and the doctor says to us.

 

"It's just a little laryngitis, no worries, her voice will come back in just two or three days. It'll be fine. What's wrong with your faces, girls?"

 

They are shocked by what the doctor said, and reply

 

"Two or three days are too late! We need her voice back right now! Do you have any idea for any treatment, doctor?"

 

"You really want to do this? There's no turning back" the attitude of the doctor suddenly change into serious. After that, he seaches for a medicine in his cupboard. He gives us a bottle of pills,  nothing seems odd about the bottle, only one thing seems weird, that is the description of the medicine, someone discolor it with a black marker.

 

"Are you sure this is a medicine? More like a plain drug to me" Taeyeon rudely lays out her thinking. 

 

"There's no coercion, it is a medicine that will heal you the quickest, but like all medicine, there's always side-effect. Eat one pill per-day, only if you really need it."

 

Sunny gulps while she's looking at the medicine suspiciously.

 

"Gamshahamida, doctor" the nine of them left but I still stay for a moment.

 

"Doctor, when she's okay, shall I bring her back?"

 

"Sure"

 

"What's your name, by the way?"

 

"Call me Dr. Minwoo"

 

I bow to him and leave.

 

We go back, in the car Sunny still holds tight the bottle, I'm a little bit worried myself because Dr. Minwoo said something scary. When we arrived, solicitudes fills our heart. 

 

"This is it" Tiffany prepares a drink for Sunny before she eat the pill. Sunny swallows it! After she swallowed the pill and drink the water that Tiffany gave her, she goes to bathroom directly while closing with her hands.

 

We follow after her and wait outside the bathroom, is this the side-effect? How come a medicine shows side-effect first before the healing occurs? What a weird medicine.

 

She comes out from the bathroom, everyone's looking forward to hear her voice coming back.

 

"Sunny, try to say a word or two" Yuri wants to make sure

 

She tries "Don't tease us just because we're young" 

 

It's unbelieveable! It heals so quickly. Even though she said she's hurt in her belly now, I'm sure she can rest a while and it will be okay again. 

 

The others are preparing for the concert, meanwhile Sunny rests in her room for a bit. As usual, at time like this, I don't know what to do. Maybe I just have to take care of Sunny, that's the best I can do for now. I ask for their permission and go to Sunny's room.

 

"How are you feeling, Noona?"

 

"I'm okay, don't worry again" she my cheek.

 

"Can I help you for something?"

 

"No, I'm fine, I'll get ready now." she tries to stand up but falls instantly, her body isn't strong enough.

 

"Noona, don't overdo it! Can't you pass this concert?"

 

"No, if I really want to come with you, I have to go through this. It's not an option"

 

I stunned in silence, I see now, she's fighting this because she's doing it for me. I can't stop her, she's not the type that'll give up that easily, there's only one thing I can do now, to support her. I help her up.

 

"Noona, let's go" 

 

"Where?"

 

"To your show, of course"

 

She smiles, I think she knows that I was about to stop her, but it's her own wish to stay like this. And so, the group goes, without knowing about Sunny's condition. 

 

The place is crowded like usual, it's been a while since I see them performing live. Everybody is cheering in happiness, I'm the only one who release sweats. But, my worries vanish in instant, she's still there, standing straight and strongly, she's still holding her belly, but her smile doesn't change, she still does all the dancing singing, lucky that her voice is as good as usual. This is the spirit of a professional, you may go sick, you may go near death, but you still have to go through everything that's assigned for you.

 

When everything's finished, I go to backstage straightly, Sunny's shrieking in pain, I help her go to van. We don't go to the dorm but my apartment and put Sunny on her bed, she's breathing heavily, even we try our best to help her, she's not getting any better.

 

"I'll be better tommorow, unnies, please go home" 

 

"But--" Taeyeon's still worried about her.

 

"Taeyeon-shi, it's unlike you to put a face like that"

 

"All right, I understand, girls, let's go home, it's her wish" 

 

They lleft unsatisfiedly, it's me and Sunny only now. She grabs my shirt and make me go closer to her, she whispers to me.

 

"I did great, right?" she asked about her performance, what I saw back there was a heroine that fought all her sickness and went through all that, she's more than just a singer.

 

"You did wonderful, noona" I hold her hands tightly as she goes to sleep.