A New Hope

An Extraordinary Journey Of Light

Yukiya has found out a terrible truth that his friends are gone with the wind, that's what he thought. During his bad times, a new hope emerges, he meet a person who once brought happiness to him, want to know who this character is? Keep reading!

 

I stand up while holding some small rocks, three of'em to be exact. This rocks represent my feelings.

 

"Sunnyday! Why didn't you collapse when I was there?! If I have to die, I will die with my family and my friends! Screw you, Sunnyday!" I throw the first rock in anger, my thoughts have become chaotic, I don't know to whom I shall wreak my anger.

 

"And you...Akagi! You promised to take good care of Soojin, right?! Is this what you call take good care of?! You're not even there! Damn you!" I throw another rock, it's the second one.

 

"Dongsaeng, stop!" Sunny tries to stop me, but I ignore her, my heart won't be satisfied until I throw the last rock.

 

"And finally you....Soojin! You promised you will show your brightest smile! and you said you'll always be there waiting for me, but you're not! I don't even get the chance to see your face! That's a lie too, huh?! Then I guess I don't want to see you at all! GO...AWAY!" I throw the last rock with full of energy, farther the last two rocks. My actions seem vain, but I don't have any other idea.

 

Sunny holds me from my back while saying sorry, I release myself and speak to her directly. It's not her fault but I still blame her.

 

"If you hadn't taken me in the first place, I wouldn't be like this right now" I talk harshly.

 

"I know, I'm so sorry, It's part of my fault. Hate me if you want" she apologizes for no reason.

 

"...and my life wouldn't be the same" she was surprised when I said that, she thought I'd say something cruel.

 

I continue to hold her, I'm grateful to have Sunny as a sister, I can tell her my fears and worries without hesitation. I cry out loud, while talking to her ears.

 

"Noona..what should I do..? I don't even know where to go, it's a lost cause..." 

 

"Don't ever give up Yukiya, friends are irreplaceable treasures you can never give up. I will guide you and stay by your side until the end. I know how you feel because I felt the same when I went to search you, cheer up! The probability is still not 0%" she soothes my heart. Speaking about heart, my heart beats faster, and I can't breathe well. 

 

"Yukiya, are you, okay? You're trembling! Are you going on a stagnation again?!" Sunny panics.

 

"No, it's okay. I should just rest a bit, I was careless back then." I still can maintain my condition.

 

Sunny leads me to a public chair, she sighs because my breathing gets better and better. Everything's so quiet, I can only hear breeze of the wind and crickets' sound. In the meantime, Sunny starts a conversation.

 

"Yuki, you haven't told me about your friends yet. Can you describe them?"

 

"Oh, right, there's this Akagi, he's like a brother to me when I was living in the Sunnyday, he's quite playful and always smiles, he always thinks the disaster that happened was only one bitter aspect of life, he never gave up on his friends, never ever"

 

"Sounds like a real hero to me, haha" she laughs, but it's true.

 

I tell everything to Sunny, about Madam Aki, the children, and in the end I tell her about Soojin, I don't know why but a pep talk like this can make my heart feel better.

 

"So, this Soojin is from South Korea, just like me? And she was searching for his lost brother in Japan? It's awful to lost your family member" she shows some sympathy.

 

"Yeah, she taught me alll about that, she's the one who encouraged me to went with you" I memorized the moment when she slapped me in the face and gave me those speech, i my cheek that has been hit by her, I wish she is here.

 

Suddenly in front of us, a truck stops. The driver opens the window, and his face is unfamiliar but I can't remember who is he.

 

"Ahoy, Yukiya! Long time no see!" his face is familiar, but I can't memorize his face.

 

"Are you.." I don't remember at all.

 

"Oi, oi, don't tell me you have forgotten about me, I was the one who took you to Sunny's, got it memorized?" 

 

AH! Yes I remember it now! How are you mister?! It's been a long time!" it's not Soojin nor Akagi, but I'm still happy to meet old face.

 

"Everything's fine, for me. Who's that pretty girl sitting beside you?" he asks.

 

"I'll introduce her for you, Mister, this is Sunny, my sister, Sunny this is mister..rrr.." to think of it, I don't know his name.

 

"Goro" he adds.

 

"Annyeonghaseo" Sunny greets him politely.

 

"Wow, Yukiya, you're so damn lucky, You have such a beautiful sister like her! Hahaha" He laughs off, meanwhile Sunny's getting embarrased.

 

"Mr. Goro, do you know what happened to the residences of Sunnyday?"

 

"Not exactly, but I heard they moved somewhere else"

 

"Do you have any idea about that place?" I ask again.

 

"I'm not sure, not long after I took you to Sunny, dismissed I was from my job. But, I still know some possible places. Wanna go for a ride?" he asks.

 

"Yeah, come along, Sunny"  I take Sunny's hand.

 

We hop on into the truck, I'm smiling again because there's still a chance for me to find them. Please, wait for me, my people.