Chapter 73

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

I opened my eyes and saw someone beside me.. Luhan.. He looks adorable when he's sleeping.. WAIT. WHAT IS HE DOING IN MY BED? MY BED. 

"Enjoying staring at my handsome face?" Luhan suddenly speaked.

"M-Mwo?! How long were you awake? WHY ARE YOU ON MY BED?!" I shouted.

"You asked me to sleep with you yesterday." Luhan pouted as he sat.

"I DID? I don't remember.. D-Did we do anything?" I asked.

"Yeah." Luhan said.

"WHAT WE DID?!" 

"I was trying to remove your shoes but you kicked me on the forehead. See this bruise?" Luhan pointed to his forehead. 

"Ah.. Mian." I apologised.

"Tsk. Never knew you were this strong." 

 

I poked his bruise and he winced.

"YAH! It's pain.." Luhan whined.

"Out." I pointed to my room door.

"Huh?" 

"Get out. I need to change." I said.

"You could have just changed here. I'm too lazy to walk. I promise not to look~" Luhan sang.

I poked his bruise.

"YAH!" Luhan shouted.

I pointed towards the door.

"You could have just changed in your washroom." Luhan pouted.

I went towards my closet and grab a my clothes. I went in the washroom and changed. The moment I came out, I was greeted by Luhan's half body.

 

"Y-YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted, closing my eyes.

"Changing my clothes." Luhan answered.

"Why can't you change somewhere else?!"

"Because I'm too lazy." 

I walked towards the door until Luhan grabbed my wrist.

"Who's pabo flirt?" Luhan asked.

I froze. How does he know about pabo flirt?

"Someone." I answered.

"Your ex?" 

"You don't need to know." I answered coldly and released my hand.

 

"How was your night with Luhan?" Hyun Hee unnie winked at me.

"UNNIE! We did nothing!!" 

"Really? You went out perfectly fine yesterday and returned being drunk. Luhan carried you to your room and never came down anymore. You sure nothing happened? And you just returned to Korea just yesterday. Tsk tsk tsk. My little sister. Such huge progress." Hyun Hee unnie teased.

"Nothing happened. Except she kicked me on the forehead." Luhan complained.

"I'm going out." I said and grabbed my jacket. 

 

"It's cold." I said as I rubbed my palms together.

Suddenly, someone took my palm and put it in his pocket. I looked up at the person.

"Pabo.. flirt.." 

"You look like you're going to freeze to death." Jonghyun answered.

I quickly removed my hands from his pocket but he just held on my hands tightly again.

"Let me go." I said.

"No." Jonghyun answered.

"We're not together anymore." I said.

"I know." 

"Release my hand then."

"We're going to debut tomorrow. You'll be there to watch us right?" Jonghyun said, totally ignoring my words.

"I can't. I ha-have plans." I said.

"Cancel your plans then." 

"You should know that I'm helping you to handle Corp company too." I remind him.

"I'll tell uncle to cancel your plans. See you tomorrow." Jonghyun said as he put on a scarf on me and went away.

 

Luhan's POV

I went after Ha Neul after she left the house. I saw her and Jonghyun hyung. Hyung was holding her hands. After a few talks, Jonghyun hyung put on a scarf on Ha Neul and went away. I went towards Ha Neul and heard her whispered.

"It hurts.." Ha Neul whispered.

Hurts? Wae? It hurts to see hyung?

"Ha Neul." I called out.

She looked at me and quickly turned away. Her eyes were teary. 

"A-Are you crying?" I asked, carefully.

"A-Ani. Dust went in my eyes." Ha Neul said.

 

Ha Neul's POV

"A-Ani. Dust went in my eyes." I said.

It was the truth. Dust really went in my eyes. 

"Let me see." Luhan turned me around and inspected my eyes.

He blew on my eyes lightly. 

"Ha Neul! I forgotten to give you the ticket for.. tomorrow.." Jonghyun shouted.

Jonghyun? I looked towards my left and saw Jonghyun. 

"What were you two doing?" He asked.

 

I looked at me and Luhan's position. It does look wrong. Luhan's left hand is holding my head and his right hand was holding my shoulders. My hands were rested at his chest.

"Dust went in her eyes. I was helping her." Luhan answered as I pushed him away slightly.

"Oh. Here. The ticket." Jonghyun passed me the ticket.

"You're going right?" Jonghyun asked.

I remained silent. 

"Everyone wants you to come." Jonghyun said.

"Everyone?" Luhan asked.

"See you tomorrow." Jonghyun said and walked away. 

 

I put the tickets in my pocket and continued walking with Luhan following me.

"Who's everyone?" Luhan asked.

"SHINee." I answered.

"Who's SHINee?" Luhan asked.

"A new boy group that will debut tomorrow." 

"You know them?" 

I nodded. 

"Can I go too?" Luhan asked.

I gave him my ticket and walked away.

"You have extras right?" Luhan asked.

 

I ignored him. I don't have extras. I don't want to see Jonghyun. It hurts.. To see him.. Especially after I had ruthlessly left him. 

Luhan followed me as he held my hands silently. I looked at our hands and looked up at him. He just smiled. I let him hold my hands as I continuously walked.

"Why are we here?" Luhan asked.

I looked up. I noticed that we are in the amusement park. The one that I spent my day with Jonghyun, Onew, Taemin and Key.

"Let's go." I said.

 

"HEY! It's a couple day! Look! Those who are couple, can play and buy anything in the amusement park half price! Let's go!" Luhan pointed at the banner.

Luhan dragged me in. We lined up to buy the tickets. We saw the couples ahead of us were showing the proofs that they're couple. 

"We need proof. You and I aren't couple anyway. Let's just go." I said.

"I have a plan." 

 

"Hello~ It's the Couple Day Special today. Are you both a couple?" 

"Nae." Luhan answered.

"Any proofs that you both are a couple?"

"I just managed to confess to her today. So we don't have any proofs." Luhan said.

"We can't let you in then."

Luhan suddenly pulled me near him and pecked me at the lips.

"Is this considered a proof too?" Luhan asked.

"If you both managed to last for 20 seconds, then we'll allow you to enter." 

Luhan looked at me as I was shaking my head. He leaned in. Oddly, I wasn't trying to avoid. I just stood there and waited till his warm lips greeted me. 

 

"YAH! WHO SAID YOU CAN KISS ME?!" I shouted as soon as we entered.

"That's the only wayy." Luhan whined.

"We're not a couple." I whispered.

"But we're going to marry anyway." Luhan said.

"Do you even like me?" I asked, half heartedly.

"I do." Luhan confessed.

"M-Mwo?" I asked, shocked.

 

"I've actually seen you before in New York. You were too busy with your documents at the street. Do you remember? You accidentally knocked on a lamp post and dropped your documents." Luhan said.

"Yeah.. There was a guy who helped.." I said.

"It was me. So, it's kinda considered love at first sight." Luhan said.

Okay.. This is awkward. 

"But, I don't like you." I said.

"You like pabo flirt." Luhan said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"You were talking about him yesterday." Luhan said.

I let out a sigh.

"Mind telling me about him?" Luhan asked.

 

We settled down in a cafe. 

 

"I knew him when I was in Korea. I ran away from home because I didn't want to marry anyone that time. I came to Korea and found a school and studied there. I called him pabo flirt because the first time I saw him, he was flirting with some girls. Then, I caught his interest and he tried to court me. I didn't care about him. One day, I found him at the park. He was having fever. I brought him home with me. Then, we became closer. There, I slowly had feelings for him. He didn't have anywhere to live so I allowed him to stay with me." I explained.

"You and him? Alone? In a house?" Luhan asked.

I nodded.

 

"One day, he confessed to me. I didn't reply him the moment he confessed. I was confused. He was a player. How could I believe him so easily. Then, we came to this amusement park along with some friends. Slowly, I know that he was really in love with me. He wasn't just playing. Before I could even answer him, I return to New York. I told him my answer through a letter."

"You agreed? Why did you return to New York? I thought your grandmother wanted to force you to marry someone?" Luhan asked.

"I said yes to him but I told him not to wait for me. I returned to New York because grandmother might harm him and my friends."

"Which was why you asked him not to wait." Luhan said.

I nodded. I looked at Luhan. He nodded, indicating me to continue. 

 

"He followed me all the way to New York along with our friends. There, we decided to fight for our future. We knew that grandmother wouldn't agree. No matter how, we didn't give up. Grandmother didn't agree because he wasn't from a wealthy family. But, one day, his father's friend came to him and asked him to inherit his company. There, grandmother was fine with him. But, my fiance wasn't willing to give up on me. We had a competition and I decided to gave up on him." I said.

"But, if you really love him, you wouldn't give up." Luhan said.

"You don't understand. I have a reason to give up." I said.

 

Luhan's POV

"What's the reason?" I asked.

"I can't tell." Ha Neul said.

I looked at Ha Neul. It must be really tough for her to give up on pabo flirt. 

"So that was why you didn't want to come to this amusement park?" 

Ha Neul nodded.

"Let's go." I said.

"But we didn't get to play anything yet." Ha Neul said.

"I'm not in the mood." I lied.

I didn't want Ha Neul to feel bad. I pulled Ha Neul out and went to a park. 

 

"Ha Neul." I called out.

She looked at me.

"Are you willing to give me a chance? I love you." I confessed.

"Luhan.." 

"I know that it's difficult to forget about pabo flirt but I'll help you to get over him. Plus, I'm confident that I'm almost equally handsome to him." I joked.

"He's not handsome at all. He's a fat guy." Ha Neul said.

"MWO? I TAKE BACK MY WORDS! I'M MUCH MORE HANDSOME THAN HIM!"

"I was just joking. He's not fat at all." Ha Neul smiled.

 

I looked at her. She looks a lot better when she smiles. 

"Smile more." I said.

"Huh?" 

"Nothing." I shook my head.

Suddenly, Ha Neul leaned in. I closed my eyes.

 

"OW!" I winced.

She was rubbing my bruise. What was I thinking? I looked at her carefully. I smiled at her like a fool.

"What are you smiling at?" Ha Neul asked.

"You." I said.

"There's something on my face?" Ha Neul asked and started wiping her face.

I grabbed her wrist and gave her a peck on her cheek.

"It's gone now." I said.

"YAH! YOU ERT!" Ha Neul started hitting my head.

 

EXO-M+LUHAN+09.png

 

 

Awww ~ Ha Neul and Luhan are closer now. ;)