Chapter 19

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

I was lying on my bed while I look at my hand. Did Jonghyun really meant those words? If he really meant them, I shouldn't hit him then. But he's a pabo flirt! How can I believe him? Can't blame me if I don't believe him. He's a flirt~ Aish! Pabo Kim Jonghyun. If he really meant it, he should say it before I'm with Onew. As I was questioning myself, I heard knocks on my door. I opened it and saw Jonghyun.

"Mwo?" I asked him.

"Can I sleep here~?" asked Jonghyun while showing his puppy eyes.

"No. Onew left. You can sleep on the other room. If not, you can sleep on the couch." I said while closing the door.

"Waitt~ I have a reason why I want to sleep in your room." said Jonghyun while pushing the door.

"What reason?"

"Because I'm afraid to sleep alone~" said Jonghyun.

"You're such a bad liar." I replied.

"It's true!" said Jonghyun.

"How did you sleep when Onew was here then?" I asked.

"I.. I.. Err.." said Jonghyun.

"You?" I asked.

"To tell the truth.. I went in your room when you were sleeping soundly. I slept beside you and woke up early to go back to the couch." said Jonghyun.

"Yah! Aish.. I have to lock the door now." I said.

"Can I sleep with you~~? Pleaseeee." said Jonghyun. 

"Why are you so afraid of sleeping alone?" I asked. 

"I'll tell you if I can sleep in your room with you." said Jonghyun while sticking his tongue out. 

"It's okay. I don't want to know." I said.

"Let me sleep hereeeee~" said Jonghyun while going in my room leisurely.

"Yah! Kim Jonghyun! Out!" I shouted at him. 

"You'll wake the neighbours~" said Jonghyun.

"Fine. I'll sleep at the next room." I said.

Jonghyun held my wrist and pulled me to sit beside him.

"Ever since I was young, my parents died in an accident. I was sent to an orphanage. There were elder guys who bullied me in there. They locked me up in a dark room. I was afraid that I would die inside. I was so afraid that no one would save me. I have no family. The next morning, a cleaner found me. Ever since that day, I was afraid of the dark." said Jonghyun while looking at the floor.

I don't know what to do. Naturally, I hugged him and patted at his back. 

"Mianhae. I din't know. Mianhae." I said. 

Jonghyun didn't reply. I could hear him sobbing. 

"It's okay. I'm here." I said as I continue patting his back. 

After some time, Jonghyun stopped. I looked at him. His eyes were red and puffy. I took a tissue and wiped his tears. 

 I never knew that this pabo flirt had such painful past. 

"Your eyes are puffy now. Go to sleep." I said.

He nodded and lied on my bed. I covered him with my blanket. As I was about to go out from my room to take my sleeping bag, Jonghyun held my wrist. 

"Don't leave me alone." 

"I'm just taking the sleeping bag. I'll on the lights for you." I said as I released my wrist from his hand.

I went and on the light. I walked out of my room and took my sleeping bag. When I returned, I saw Jonghyun sleeping. I smiled at him as I went near him to wipe his tears. As my hand was about to wipe his tears, Jonghyun held my hand tightly. 

"Don't leave me. Umma. Appa." said Jonghyun while tears continue to fall. 

He must be dreaming. 

"I won't leave." I said while wiping his tears. 

 

---The next morning---

Jonghyun's POV

I woke up and saw Ha Neul sitting on the floor. She was asleep. I was holding her hand tightly. 

"Ha Neul..? Are you awake?" I asked. 

There's no reply. I brushed her hair. She looked tired. She must have looked after me last night. 

"Mianhae Ha Neul." I whispered. 

"J-Jonghyun?" said Ha Neul.

"You're awake?" I asked Ha Neul.

She nodded. 

"Mianhae for yesterday." I said.

"It's okay. I'm erm going to clean up myself." said Ha Neul as she went to the bathroom.