Chapter 50

A New Start

mLq9D3LTQnU.jpg

 

 

Ha Neul's POV

Today is the day. The day to meet Minho's family. The day where grandmother would start arranging everything that would instantly change my life. 

"I'm here for you. Always." Jonghyun said as he held my hands tightly. 

I looked at him. He's smiling but I know deep down inside, he's sad. I need some time to be alone and I didn't want to see him forcing a smile. 

"Pabo flirt. I'll take a walk alone." I said.

"Arraseo." Jonghyun said.

 

Jonghyun's POV

"Arraseo." I said.

I understand Ha Neul. She needed some time to be alone and think. I gave her a hug before seeing her walking away. For some reason, my heart was beating fast. It didn't felt comfortable. Maybe because I'm separated with Ha Neul. Without thinking any further, I followed Ha Neul without her notice. 

 

She was walking aimlessly. After walking for a while, she suddenly stopped. I quickly hid myself and peeked at her. Her tears were flowing. She was wiping them. Mianhae Ha Neul.. If you didn't meet me, you wouldn't be suffering right now. I went towards her after I couldn't take it anymore.

"J-Jonghyun?" Ha Neul said.

"Mianhae. If you didn't meet me, you wouldn't be suffering so much right now. It's all my fault. Mianhae." I said as I hugged her tightly.

 

Ha Neul's POV

"So are you gonna give up on me?" I asked.

"No. Although I do regret meeting you sometimes, but I know that I can bring happiness to you. When I first met you, you were a cold girl. But now, it seems that I've changed you." Jonghyun said confidently.

"Yah. It's only my outer character being cold." I said.

"It's because you're comfortable with me that's why your outer character has disappeared." Jonghyun said.

"Yahh. If I'm with a stranger, that outer character would appear." 

"Be a cold girl towards others then. But, promise to be a warm girl towards me." Jonghyun said.

"Arraseo." I promised.

 

We walked together again until Jonghyun suddenly said he wanted to buy ice cream. He crossed the roads and went towards an ice cream stall as I'm waiting for him. After paying for the ice cream, he stood by the roadside, waiting for the cars to pass by. 

"Yah! Be careful!" I shouted.

"Arraseo!" He shouted back.

 

After waiting, there were no more cars. Jonghyun quickly walked as the ice creams were melting. He was paying attention to the ice cream. He didn't see that a car was driving full speed towards him. 

I didn't see that car.. Why is it driving full speed towards him? 

"Jonghyun ah! Careful!" I shouted.

Jonghyun turned and saw the car speeding towawrds him. He was too shocked to do anything as the car continued speeding without any signs of slowing down.

GRANDMOTHER! IT MUST BE HER! I quickly ran towards Jonghyun and pushed him away. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

Someone pushed me away from the car. The ice creams fell along with me. I heard a bang. The car must have banged someone. I turned around and saw the car speeding away. I looked towards the victim that the car had just banged. 

"H-Ha Neul!" 

I quickly ran towards her. Ha Neul was lying on the road, unconcious with blood everywhere. 

"A-Ambulance.. A-ambulance.." I mumbled as I took out my phone. 

"Ha Neul.. Stay strong. I'm here. I promised you that I would be here for you. Always." I said. 

 

 

Onew's POV

"Mwo?! Arraseo. We'll be there soon." I said as I hanged up the phone.

"Wae hyung?" Taemin asked while drinking his banana milk.

"Ha Neul is involved in a car accident. She's in the hospital right now." I explained.

"MWO?! HA NEUL?!" Taemin asked.

Taemin and  I quickly went to the hospital that Jonghyun had mentioned. We saw Jonghyun outside of Ha Neul's ward. 

 

"HYUNG! HYUNG! WHAT HAPPENED?! WHY IS HA NEUL INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?! CAN WE GO IN AND SEE HER?! HYUNG!" Taemin asked Jonghyun hurriedly. 

"The doctor is checking on her. We can't go in right now. It is all because of me. If it wasn't me who didn't see the car that was speeding towards me, Ha Neul wouldn't run out and saved me. It's all my fault.." Jonghyun broke down.

I patted Jonghyun's shoulder. The doctor came out from Ha Neul's room and we quickly went towards him.

"How's the patient?" I asked.

 

"The patient has knocked her head pretty badly. She's unconcious right now. We can't really predict when would she be awake. But, don't worry. She's very safe. It's just that she's unconcious. Her wounds would recover as usual." The doctor explained.

"Can we visit her?" Taemin asked.

"Yes." The doctor said. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

I quickly went in to see Ha Neul as soon as the doctor allowed us. She was lying down. Like the doctor mentioned, she's unconcious. It hurts so much to see her in this state. 

"Ha Neul.. Wake up.." I said as I slowly held her cold hands.

"You promised to be warm towards me.. Are you gonna break your promise? It's not even a day and you're breaking your promise.." I said as my tears fell.

"Hyung.. Ha Neul would be fine.. The doctor said she's safe." Taemin said.

"Yeah.. Ha Neul would be awake soon." Onew hyung said.

"Ha Neul ah.. Wake up.. I beg you.." I said as I held her cold hands tightly. 

 

"HA NEUL!" 

I turned around and saw Ha Neul's parents, unnie,Key and her grandmother. Ha Neul's parents and her sister broke down after seeing Ha Neul. 

"I've told you not to communicate with these low class people. You've got yourself into trouble now." Ha Neul's grandmother said towards Ha Neul.

"I-it's all my fault." I said.

Surprisingly, Ha Neul's grandmother didn't blame me. She just asked me to stay away from Ha Neul. 

 

 

---After 1 week---

Jonghyun's POV

I came and visit Ha Neul again. It's my daily routine to visit her. As usual, her family are all here. Even Minho's family are here. I slowly walked towards Ha Neul and held her hands.

"Ha Neul.. You've been sleeping for too long. You're gonna go fat if you continue sleeping." I said.

I felt movement as I was about to put down my head. It wasn't my movement. 

 

"H-Ha Neul! She's moving!" I shouted.

Key quickly ran to get the doctor. 

"Ha Neul! Can you hear me?" I said.

Her fingers moved a little more. 

"Excuse me. Can you let me check on the patient for a little while?" The doctor asked.

 

"The patient is concious now." The doctor said.

"Thank you soo much, doctor." Ha Neul's parents said.

Ha Neul's unnie held Ha Neul's hands tightly as she slowly opened her eyes. 

 

Ha Neul's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. I couldn't adapt with the brightness. I blinked my eyes several times and I saw a lot of people looking at me. Someone was holding my hands. It was Hyun Hee unnie.

"Ha Neul! You're awake!" Hyun Hee unnie said.

"Water! Drink some!" Umma passed me a cup of water as I sat up straight.

I drank the water obediently. 

 

"W-Where am I..?" I asked.

"You're in the hospital." Appa said.

"Wae?" I asked.

"You got involved in an accident." Appa explained.

"When? Before I got on the plane?" I asked.

"What plane?" Hyun Hee unnie asked.

"I'm in New York now right?" I asked.

They all nodded.

 

"Then it must be before I got on the plane." I said.

"What plane?" Hyun Hee unnie asked again.

"Grandmother said that she's gonna start arranging a marriage for me. With the Choi company's son. That's when I said I'm leaving. Why are you people so blur?" I asked.

"H-Ha Neul..." 

"Wae?" I asked.

 

"That was months ago.." Umma said.

"Months ago?" I asked.

"It's almost a year!" Hyun Hee unnie said.

"H-Ha Neul.. Her memories are gone!" A guy said.

Suddenly, a guy came over to me and held my hands.

"Ha Neul. Stop playing around. I'm afraid." He said as he held my hands tightly. 

"W-Who are you?" I said as I released my hands.

"Y-You don't recognise me?" The guy said.

 

"Ha Neul. Who do you recognise then?" Hyun Hee unnie asked.

"Umma, appa, Hyun Hee unnie and grandmother.." I said.

"Us?!" The guy that held my hands asked along with a few guys beside him.

I shooked my head.

"You promised to be warm towards me! We even lived together for months! How can you forget me!" He said.

 

Lived? Months? Promise? When?

 

"Park Ha Neul. Stop playing." He said.

I looked at him weirdly. 

"Jonghyun. She's not playing. She's being cold. Like the first time she met us." Another guy said.

 

 

 

TADA~~ Ha Neul lost her memories~~ What would happen? What about Jonghyun and Ha Neul? Will their relationship disappear just like that? After all the promises they made? T.T