Chapter 26

A New Start

FLASHBACK~

Ha Neul's POV

I heard grandmother and umma quarelling as I passed by the room. I overheard their conversation.

"Ha Neul has to marry the Choi company's son. You know that Hyun Hee can never marry him." said grandmother.

Why? Why can't Hyun Hee unnie marry him? And why must I marry him?

"Umma. You know that Ha Neul is a stubborn girl. She wouldn't marry someone she doesn't know just for our company." said umma.

Grandmother wants me to marry a stranger just for the company?! 

"No matter how, she has to marry the Choi company's son. After she marry him, our company would be worldwide." said grandmother.

"Umma. Can't we allow Hyun Hee to marry the Choi company's son? Hyun Hee met the Choi company's son once. She even admired him. It would be better for everyone if Hyun Hee marries him." said umma.

"We can't! Hyun Hee is adopted! Our company has to be taken over by our own family member." said grandmother.

Hyun Hee unnie.. is adopted? 

"Hyun Hee is our family! The moment we adopted her, she is already a member of our family!" said umma.

"No matter how, I'm not letting Hyun Hee to inherit our company. Ha Neul has to marry the Choi company's son. This is the final decision." said grandmother.

 

"Umma! You don't make any sense!" said umma.

I opened the door and went in. 

"Ha Neul.." said umma.

"Umma, is Hyun Hee unnie really adopted?" I asked. 

Umma nodded. 

"Since you've heard everything, you have to be ready to marry the Choi company's son." said grandmother.

"Grandma! I'm only 17!" I said.

"You'll be engaged with him. Prepare to be his wife." said grandmother.

"Why must I?! Isn't our company huge enough?!" I asked angrily.

"You do know that my wish is our company could be the top." said grandmother.

"It's your wish! Isn't mine!" I said.

"You're the only heir to the Park company. You have to marry him." said grandmother.

"I'm not marrying him! If you wan't it so badly, grandma, you marry him then!" I said as I ran out of the room. 

 

After I ran out, I saw Hyun Hee unnie outside of the room. She must have heard everything. I pulled her in my room.

"Ha Neul. I'm adopted?" asked Hyun Hee unnie.

I nodded. Hyun Hee unnie started crying as I wiped her tears. 

"That's the reason why grandmother always treat you better." said Hyun Hee unnie.

Treat me better? She didn't let me have any friends. She said that I'm the Park company's heiress. I can't communicate with those "low class people". I even had to home school. Hyun Hee unnie could go to normal school and have normal life. I was jealous of her. 

"Unnie.. Can you handle the company by yourself?" I asked.

"Wae?" asked Hyun Hee unnie.

"I've decided. I will leave New York and buy some time for you to learn how to handle the company. Prove to grandmother that although you're adopted, you still can take over our company. Repay umma and appa's deed." I said.

"Ha Neul.. "

"I'll tell umma and appa later about my decision. Umma and appa would definitely support me. Only grandmother wouldn't. I won't tell grandmother." I said.

I went out of my room and talked about my decision to umma and appa. As expected, they supported me. We've agreed to hide this from grandmother. If she  asks, they would say they didn't know I left. 

 

FLASHBACK END~ 

Ha Neul's POV

"So, Ha Neul.. You're the heiress of the Park company?" asked Jonghyun.

I nodded.

"That company.. is huge." said Jonghyun.

I nodded again.

"So to escape from marrying the Choi company's son and to buy some time for your sister to learn how to handle the company.. You left New York and came here?" asked Jonghyun.

"Nae."

"Won't your grandmother find for you?" asked Jonghyun.

"She is finding now. Appa told me she's finding everywhere." I said.

"But why Korea out of all the places?" asked Jonghyun.

"Before grandfather passed away, he always said that we can go back to our hometown and find answers to our questions." I answered.

"I didn't know anything about you at all.. Until today." said Jonghyun.

"I didn't want to tell anyone. It isn't a proud thing to be shown. Grandmother forcing granddaughter to marry another company's son. It's just like a drama. No one would even believed." I said.

"I believe it." said Jonghyun.

"Gomawo." I said as I went up to my own room.

 

I lied on my bed. Why did I even tell Jonghyun? I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

I'm so so so sorry for not updating this so long! I went on a holiday. I'm sooo sorry!! I would be not around on 23th December until 25th December. I can't update the story. I promise! As soon as I return, I would update two chapters! Mianhae!! T.T