Chapter 17

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

On the way home, Onew and I stayed silent. I was thinking about the strange feeling that I had. What was that strange feeling? I couldn't figure it out. While I was thinking deeply, Onew held my hands. I looked at him as he smiled back to me. After a few more steps, we reached home. I let go of Onew's hand and opened the door. I saw Jonghyun sitting on the sofa watching tv.

"Oh, you're back." said Jonghyun while looking at us. 

Onew held my hands again to show Jonghyun. 

"We're together now." said Onew. 

Jonghyun nodded and turned around to watch tv again.

 

Jonghyun's POV

"We're together now." said Onew. 

I nodded and turned around. Seems that Ha Neul chooses Onew. She always thinks that I'm a flirt. Obviously she would choose Onew. My eyes were getting blur from tears. I held in the tears and smiled to them.

"I'm going out for a while. I wouldn't want to be a lightbulb~" I said to Ha Neul and Onew. 

I went out and walked around aimlessly. 

 

Ha Neul's POV

"I'm going out for a while. I wouldn't want to be a lightbulb~" said Jonghyun.

Jonghyun just left like that. Leaving me and Onew. I don't know what to do! Onew looked at me and smiled.

"So, what you want to do?" asked Onew.

"I don't really know.. What you want to do?" I asked back Onew.

"Hmm.. I only know that I would like something sweet now." said Onew.

"Sweet?" 

Onew nodded.

"A cake maybe?" asked Onew.

"Let's go and buy one then." I said while pulling Onew's hand. He pulled back.

"Ani. Let's make one." said Onew.

"Y-You know how to bake a cake?" I asked curiously. 

"No. We can follow the recipe in the internet~" said Onew.

"Why do you want to bake a cake anyway? We can just buy one." I replied.

"I wanted the cake to be special." 

 

Jonghyun's POV

After I walked around, I decided to go back. As I was about to open the door, I saw Ha Neul and Onew doing something in the kitchen through the window. Onew was messing around with flour and Ha Neul was throwing flour to Onew. Seems that they're baking something. I walked away. 

"Sigh. Somehow, I would want to be Onew now. But that's impossible. I'm a flirt in Ha Neul's eyes." I said to myself while kicking a stone. 

 

Ha Neul's POV

Onew and I had done baking the cake. Somehow. The kitchen was totally a mess. Thanks to Onew. He kept on messing around with the flour. The cake is in the microwave. Onew and I sat on the sofa, exhausted from our flour war. 

"Ha Neul." 

I turned around. Onew wiped off the flour on my nose and cheek. 

"You look like a little kid with those flour on your face." said Onew. 

"Says the one who threw it on me." I replied. 

Onew laughed as I smiled at him. 

We took out the cake from the microwave and started decorating it. 

"It's finally done~" said Onew.

I looked at the cake. It doesn't look as pretty as the bakery ones. 

"Let's take a picture with the cake~" said Onew. 

"Yah. The cake isn't pretty." I replied.

"But it's the first cake we did~" said Onew while pouting.

"Arraseo.." I said while taking my Polaroid.

"One~ Two~ Three~~" said Onew. 

We took two pictures. One for Onew and one for me. We cut the cake and decided to eat. The cake tastes weird.. 

"Yah. The cake doesn't taste nice." I said to Onew who was busy eating.

"Ani. The cake tastes sweet." said Onew.

"Sweet? Mine is salty and has a weird taste." I said to Onew.

I took a bite from his cake. It tastes the same. 

"Yah. Yours is the same as mine. How can you consider that as sweet?" I said.

"For me, its sweet~" said Onew.

I didn't understand why he said it was sweet. It seriously tastes weird. I looked at the clock. Jonghyun hasn't returned yet. 

"Onew. Jonghyun's not home yet." I said.

"Jonghyun? You're right.. It's quite some time already." replied Onew.

"Should we go and find him?" I asked.

"Yeah.. We should." said Onew. 

As we were about to go and find him, Jonghyun returned. 

"I'm home." said Jonghyun.

"Yah. It's so late. You said you will be out for a while only." I said to him.

"Mianhae. I lost track of time." said Jonghyun while walking to the sofa. 

That excuse was the exact same excuse I used on Onew. 

 

"Jonghyun ah. Are you hungry?" asked Onew.

Jonghyun nodded. Onew took a slice of cake and gave it to Jonghyun.

"Wait!! Don't eat it!" I shouted to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun took a bite. He looked at me weirdly. I looked away.

"Ha Neul. You bake it?" asked Jonghyun.

I nodded. It tastes bad.. 

"Not bad. You can open a bakery store~ It's nice." said Jonghyun.

"Mwo? Yah. It tastes weird!" I said.

"Ani. It's sweet." said Jonghyun. 

Why are these guys saying that it's sweet? Tch.. I always thought girl are hard to understand. Seems that guys are also the same.