Chapter 24

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

I went in Onew's house and sat on a chair alone. There were many people. There were loud music. It look more like a club to me. Onew's parents went out for work. I looked around. Aish.. Shouldn't have come. I don't even know anyone here. As I was staring blindly, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Taemin.

"Ha Neul! You're here!" said Taemin.

I smiled at him and nodded. Taemin sat beside me and accompanied me. I had to admit. It was boring. I couldn't hear him properly thanks to the loud music. Aishh.. 

"Taemin ah. I'll go to the washroom for a little while." I said to Taemin. 

He nodded. I went up. Actually, I just wanted to have some peace. I walked around upstairs until I found a balcony. I went in to the balcony. Unexpectedly, Jonghyun was there. With a girl. 

"Oops. Mianhae. Continue." I said as I backed off. 

"Ha Neul! Wait!" said Jonghyun.

I walked away. It's boring! What am I supposed to do? Pity me. I don't have any friends. Aish. I'll just tell Onew that I'm going back my house. I walked over to Onew. He was talking to his friends happily.

 

"Wait. It would be rude if I do that. I'm his girlfriend." I said to myself.  

"Ha Neul? Is there anything you need?" asked Onew after he saw me talking to myself. 

"A-Ani." I said as I walked away.

"Ha Neul, wait." said Onew as he pulled me in front of everyone. 

He took a mic. I don't know where he took it. It just appeared all by the sudden! Gosh. Magic. 

"What am I thinking?!" I said to myself and hit my head. 

"Everyone! Are you having fun?" asked Onew.

They replied it with a scream. Why in the world would they scream? Tch.. All of the sudden Onew held my hands. 

"I'll like to announce something! Ha Neul is my girlfriend!" said Onew.

M-mwo?! WHY DID HE ANNOUNCE THAT?! I'm so gonna die from his fangirls. The guys started cheering as I saw some girls looking at me with their laser eyes. 

"Yah. Your fangirls are gonna kill me." I said to Onew. 

"I'll protect you then." said Onew while winking. 

I looked at him and smiled.

"You better do a good job as my bodyguard." I said. 

Onew smiled back. Suddenly, I felt another hand holding my hand. I turned around and saw Jonghyun. 

"Ha Neul. It's not what you think. I don't have any feelings on that girl." said Jonghyun.

It's so weird now. Everyone's staring at us. 

"M-mwo? What girl?" I asked.

"The one that I'm with just now." said Jonghyun.

The one he's with? Who? When? Then, I remembered he was talking to a girl in the balcony. 

"Ahh.. I don't mind. I'm not even angry at you." I said to him. 

"Jjinjja?" asked Jonghyun.

"Nae. And let go of my hand! Everyone's staring!" I said to him.

"Ah mian." said Jonghyun while releasing his hand. 

 

Soon, the party ended. It was fun for everyone. Except me. I was having laser glares from the girls. Jonghyun's fangirls and Onew's fangirls. Aish. If they knew Jonghyun's staying with me. I can't imagine! As soon as the party ended, I pulled Jonghyun to my house. I didn't want anyone to know that he's living with me. 

"Why did you leave so fast? And pulled me along." asked Jonghyun.

"I didn't want your fangirls to know you live with me. I might die." I said. 

"Can't stop my popularity~" said Jonghyun while flipping his hair.

I rolled my eyes and went up my room. After changing to some comfortable clothes, I received a text message from Onew. 

 

FROM: Onew

Are you okay, Ha Neul? You left so fast. I didn't see Jonghyun after you left too.

Is he with you?

 

TO: Onew

Mianhae. I didn't want anyone to know that we're living together. 

Yep. Jonghyun is with me. Mianhae Onew ah. 

Happy birthday. I didn't wish you just now. 

 

FROM: Onew

It's okay. I understand. His fangirls would kill you. 

Gomawo Ha Neul~ Saranghae~

 

I threw my phone lightly on my bed and closed my eyes. I just fell asleep like that. 

 

---The next morning---

Ha Neul's POV

I woke up and changed into my uniform. I grabbed my bag and went down. I prepared sandwich for breakfast. 

"Morning." said Jonghyun as he comes down.

We ate breakfast together and left the house. Onew joined us too. Onew and Jonghyun were talking. I didn't know what they were talking about. I kept my mind blank and just walk. Unknowingly, we reached the school. Bad news. Those fangirls were still staring at me. I quickly went in my class and sat down. I put my head down and lied on my bag. I faced the window and stared at the sky. It was peaceful until Taemin comes. 

 

"Annyeong Ha Neul!" shouted Taemin as he puts his face above mine. 

"Y-Yah!" I shouted at him as I quickly sat up. 

He sat on his seat and waved at me happily. 

"Annyeong Ha Neul~~" said Taemin.

"Annyeong." I replied. 

"I didn't know Onew hyung and you were together! Why didn't you tell me?" asked Taemin.

"You didn't ask." I replied.

"It's because I didn't know!" said Taemin while jumping up and down.

"Mianhae." I said as I messed his hair.

I felt that Taemin is like my brother. Younger brother. Although Taemin is older than me a few months. He acts like a small kid. I can't help it. 

"Ha Neul! Eat with me during lunch!" said Taemin.

I nodded. 

 

In a few hours time, it was lunch~~ I was getting bored of the classes. Taemin and I sat on a table and ate our lunch. After lunch, Taemin went to play with his friends. I was alone. I walked around. I ended up being at the rooftop again. I sat there alone and just enjoy the scenery. After the bell rang, I stood up and dusted off my skirt. I went back to my class. It is physical education now. We need to change and go to the field. I changed my clothes and went to the field with Taemin. I was too tired to do anything. I just sat in a corner and watch Taemin play. 

"Yah. Park Ha Neul." I turned around. 

"Who are you?" I asked.

"The famous girl in school. Lee Mi Yeon." she said as she flip her hair.

Famous? I din't even know her. Wait. I've seen her before. The first time I came to this school. She was talking behind my back. 

"What do you want?" I asked as I stood up. 

I was taller than her a little. 

"Leave Onew oppa." She said.

"Why must I?" I asked. 

"Because I said so." she replied.

"And why must I do what you want? I'm not your maid or anything." I said as I started to walk off.

She grabbed my wrist. 

"Onew oppa deserve someone better than you. For example. ME." said Mi Yeon.

"Who are you to ask me to leave him?" I said as I released my wrist. 

 

"My family is rich. I can get anything I want. You don't even have a family. Onew oppa needs someone who's perfect." said Mi Yeon.

Honestly, I felt like slapping her. But I restrained myself. I didn't want to get into trouble.

"You don't know me. Don't talk as if you know me." I said.

"I know you. Your name and where you live." she said. 

"You know my name. Not my background. So just leave me alone." I said. 

"What background? Do you even have a family? A person like you. Having Taemin as your friend is already a huge gift from the God." said Mi Yeon. 

"Leave me alone. As I said. You don't know my background." I said as I started to walk away again. 

She grabbed my long hair and started pulling it. 

"Onew oppa is mine! You can't have him!" said Mi Yeon.

I slapped her hand away.

"You wouldn't want to mess with me." I said. 

She slapped my face.

"So what if I'm messing with you? As if anyone cares about you. My family is rich. I can do whatever I want. And I get what I want. Your a pitiful girl who doesn't have a family. You live by yourself." she said. 

"Enough. Who cares if your family is rich?" I said. 

 

"Ha Neul!!" 

Mi Yeon and I turned around and saw Onew running towards us. 

"Ha Neul! Are you okay?!" Onew said as he touched my cheek. 

"Onew oppa.." said Mi Yeon.

"Yah! Who says you can slap her!" said Onew.

"Ani oppa.. She said you're ugly and she deserve someone better than you. She was just playing with you. I got angry so I slapped her." said Mi Yeon.

Onew turned to me. 

"I don't believe!" said Onew.

"If you believe that Mi Yeon. You're seriously pabo." said Jonghyun.

He came out from a corner. 

"Jonghyun oppa.." said Mi Yeon.

"I heard everything. Don't act innocent." said Jonghyun. 

"Oppa..." said Mi Yeon.

"Ha Neul. Do you need to go to the nurse's office? Your lips are bleeding." asked Onew.

"Ani. I'm fine. It's not that pain." I replied. 

"Do you want to report her to the principal?" asked Jonghyun.

"Ani. It's okay." I said to Jonghyun.

 

I walked away. I went to the washroom and wiped the blood from my lips. Aish.. As I went out, I saw Taemin. 

"Ha Neul! Are you okay?! I heard everything from Jonghyun hyung!" said Taemin.

Aish. That pabo flirt. 

"Nae. I'm fine." I said to Taemin. 

"That Mi Yeon can be scary sometimes." said Taemin.

I smiled at him and messed his hair.

"Jealousy made her." I said. 

"I'm sticking with you! I'll not let anyone hurt you anymore." said Taemin.

"Gomawo Taemin ah. But I'm fine. It would be weird if you follow me all the time." I said.

"You really don't need me?" asked Taemin.

I nodded and smiled.