Chapter 42

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

"Park Ha Neul. Change your clothes. We'll go and visit the Choi company and start arranging your marriage since you're 18 already." Grandmother said.

"Nae.." I said.

 

I just returned to New York. Aish.. Today's my birthday and grandmother had started to arrange the marriage. I went up my room and changed my clothes. After changing, I went in the limo together with grandmother and Key. 

 

"Have you seen your soon-to-be husband?" Grandmother asked.

"No." I answered.

"Do you even know him?" 

"No."

"Aish.. We'll see him later." Grandmother said.

Soon, we reached the Choi company. We were welcomed by the workers.

"Welcome to the Choi company. Mr Choi is waiting in his room." 

 

Grandmother, Key and I went up to the room that one of the workers led us. The company sure is big. As soon as the worker opened the door, there was a guy standing.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. You must be Ha Neul's fiance." Grandmother said.

"Nae. Annyeonghaseyo. Choi Minho imnida." 

"Greet him Ha Neul." Grandmother said.

"Park Ha Neul imnida." I said.

"Please be seated. Father went out for some business trip. He would be back in a few days." Minho said.

"Ah. Then, I guess we'll have to wait for your father to return to start arranging your marriage." Grandmother said.

I looked away. 

"Ha Neul. I'm going out for a while. Stay here and get to know more about Minho. Key, wait for them outside." Grandmother said.

"Nae." Key said as he walked out together with grandmother.

 

Minho and I are left alone in the room. Awkward.. 

"So.. How old are you?" Minho asked.

"18." I answered.

"I'm 19." Minho said.

I nodded and kept silent again. 

"Erm.. I hope we could get closer since we would be together." Minho said.

 

I nodded. He seems nice but I still can't accept that I'm gonna marry some stranger just for the company.

 

"I heard that you just returned from Korea." Minho said.

"Nae." I answered.

"If you were given a choice between Korea and New York, what would be your choice?" Minho asked.

"Korea." I answered immediately.

"Oh. Why?" 

"I have friends there. And my best memories are there." I said.

"I see." Minho said.

"You? Do you have any friends here?" I asked.

"Is my pet included as my friend?" Minho asked.

"Pet?" 

"Yeah. I rarely talk to anyone and the only one that I really feel comfortable with is my pet." Minho said.

"I see." I said.

 

We continued chatting like that until it was late. 

"Erm. I guess I should send you home. It's getting late." Minho said.

"It's okay. I can go back myself." I said.

"You sure? I would be worried." Minho said.

"I have my bodyguard with me." I said.

"Ah. Okay. Take care. I'll see you some other day, Ha Neul." 

"Nae."

 

Minho walked me and Key out. Key wanted to call my family's driver to fetch me but I stopped him.

 

"I want to walk around. Alone." I said.

"It wouldn't be safe." Key said.

"I promise you that I would call you if there's anything dangerous." I said.

"You better call me. Be careful. Remember, if there's anything dange--"

"I'll call you. Alright alright. I'll remember." I said.

"Don't forget!" Key said.

"Nae..." I said as Key walked away.

 

Jeez. Naggy bodyguard I have. I walked around and ended up in a cafe. I ordered a juice and sat on a chair in the cafe. While I was staring the sky that was filled with stars, I heard someone's voice. A familiar voice. 

 

"I would like to have cappucino please."

"I would like to have a latte please."

"I would like to have 7 banana milk please!" 

"Yah! 7 is too much!"

"HYUNGGG. The last banana milk I ever drank was 5 hours ago!" 

"7 is too much!"

"HYUNGGGG. PWEASEEE."

"NO."

"HYUNGGG. JUST THIS ONCE."

 

 

 

I guess that you guys should know who's the one that ordered so much banana milks~ Hehe~