Chapter 14

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

It's the 5th day Onew has been living here. I've recovered too. Somehow, I managed to stop thinking about Jonghyun. Thanks to Onew who always cares for me when I was sick. 

"I should call Onew now. It's almost time for dinner. Dinner is ready also." I said to myself in the kitchen.

I went up to Onew's room. When I was about to knock, I heard Onew talking to someone. 

"Ah.. He borrowed my phone just now. I'll call him for dinner later." I whispered to myself.

While I was about to leave, I overheard Onew's conversation.

"I don't like Ha Neul! She's just a friend to me! My ideal type and Ha Neul is totally different!" said Onew.

I slowly walked down.

"I don't like Ha Neul! She's just a friend to me! My ideal type and Ha Neul is totally different!" 

These words kept on repeating in my head. I ran out and went to a park which I usually go. 

"Onew doesn't like me. Who would like me when I have such outer character.." I said while I wiped my tears. 

"Aish.. This tears couldn't stop flowing." 

I sat on a bench and put up my knees. I hugged my own knees tightly. 

"I've never known it would be so pain being rejected.. It's just like my feelings got returned although Onew didn't tell me that.." 

As I was busy wiping my tears, I saw someone coming towards me. I couldn't see properly who was that as my tears blurred my vision. 

"Ha Neul?"

I recognised that voice. 

"What are you doing here? It's so late already."

"Same goes to you. Kim Jonghyun." I said while turning away. 

"You're crying?" asked Jonghyun.

"Ani. Something went in my eyes." I said while wiping my tears. 

"What happened?" asked Jonghyun while turning me to face him. 

"Nothing. I told you someth-" 

Jonghyun almost fainted on me while I was talking.

"Jonghyun?"

He sat back up.

"Mian. I didn't eat for a few days. I don't have much energy." said Jonghyun.

"How long have you not eaten?" I asked.

"Ever since I left you."

"Why didn't you eat?" 

"For someone like me who doesn't have a house. What can I do?"

"Why did you leave if you didn't have a place to stay?!" 

"You wanted me to leave as soon as possible." said Jonghyun.

It was me.. It was all my fault.. 

"Mianhae.." I said. 

I stood up and held him.

"Let's go to my house." I said. 

As we were walking slowly, 3 drunk men appeared.

"Ohh~ What do we have here~ A pretty lady and a useless guy~" said one of them. 

"Ha Neul. Stay behind .. Stay behind me." said Jonghyun while going in front of me.

"Pabo! You don't have any energy!" I replied.

"Aigoo~ Look at that poor boyfriend trying to protect his girlfriend~" said the drunk men.

One of the drunk men punched Jonghyun in his face. 

"Jonghyun!" 

I ran towards him. He was lying on the floor, injured.

"Stay behind me." I said to Jonghyun.

"Ha-Ha Neul.."

"Pabo. If I can't fight, how would my parents allow me to live by myself." I said.

"But Ha Neul! There's 3 men!" said Jonghyun trying to stand.

"3 of you. I'll use 20 seconds only for you. More than enough." I said while clenching up my fist.

"20 seconds? HAH. You sound confident, lady." said one of the drunk men. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ha Neul's POV

"Hmph. I only took 15 seconds. The only reason that you lose is that I'm your opponent." I said to those drunk men lying on the floor, injured.

"Ha Neul? I didn't know you can fight that well." said Jonghyun while I helped him to stand up.

"What's the point of showing off. There's no advantage." I said.

We slowly walked back to my house. As soon as I opened the door, I saw Onew in front of me.

"Ha Neul! You're back! Where you went?! I was worried! You left without telling me! It's so late already!" said Onew.

"Mian. I went for a walk. And met him." I said while looking at Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun sshi? Are you okay?" asked Onew.

I walked in together with Jonghyun without answering to Onew. Tears were about to fall again.