Chapter 41

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

"Heee! Your fault for leaving me alone here!" I said as I stuck out my tongue.

"Yah! You really scared us.." Taemin said.

"All because you left me, Lee Taemin." I said.

"ANYWAY! Blow the candles, Ha Neul. They're melting." Key said.

"Arraseo." I said as I blew them out. 

 

"Happy birthday~~" They wished me together.

"Gomawo~" I said.

We ate the cake together at the park in 3 a.m. Weird right? 

"Yah, Lee Taemin. Can I go home now? It's 3 a.m. I'm sleepy." I said.

"Nae~ The party is over~~ You may leave now~" Taemin said.

"Gomawo Taemin ah." I said as I ruffled his hair.

 

I laid on my bed, tired. If only I can stay here forever without returning to New York.. Suddenly, my phone ringed. 

 

"Yeobosaeyo?"

"Ha Neul ah! Happy birthday!"

"Gomawo Hyun Hee unnie~"

"I have a bad news."

"Mwo?"

"Grandmother had asked you to return within tomorrow. Ani. Today since it passed midnight already."

"It's been only 3 days!"

"Nae. Grandmother said she wanted to arrange something with you as soon as possible."

"Unnie. Can't you help me ask grandmother to just let me stay here for a few more days?"

"I've tried. Umma and appa tried too. Mianhae."

"But, I haven't buy the ticket at all."

"Grandmother gave the tickets to Key. He should know that you are returning to New York tomorrow. Didn't he tell you?"

"Ani. He didn't tell anything."

"Ahh.. Anyway, happy birthday! I'll see you later!"

"Nae.."

 

I hanged up. Aishh. It's been only 3 days. ONLY 3 DAYS. 

 

TO: Key

Yah. Why didn't you tell me?

About returning to New York. 

 

FROM: Key

Ahh! Mianhae. I forgotten! The flight is in 5 p.m. 

Mianhae Ha Neul ah

 

TO: Key

Arraseo. It's okay. 

 

 

I laid on my bed and just slept without thinking anything. Tomorrow, I'm leaving. 

---The next day---

Ha Neul's POV

I woke up and started packing my things. I decided not to tell them. After packing everything, I went down and saw Jonghyun sitting on the couch, watching TV. 

 

"Don't you have school today?" I asked.

"Nope. It's Sunday. I don't have work too." Jonghyun said.

"Let's go out together." I suddenly suggested.

I wanted to spend my last day here with them.

"Mwo?" Jonghyun asked, surprised.

"I want to go out." I said.

"Arraseo. Let me change my clothes first." Jonghyun said as he went up.

 

I texted Key that I wanted to spend some time with my friends alone. He understands me. 

"Let's go, Ha Neul!" Jonghyun said, excitedly.

He held my hands and dragged me to a shopping mall. It's the first time that I wanted to continue holding his hands.

"Let's go to that pet shop!" Jonghyun said.

 

I nodded. We went in and played with the pets there. After playing, we met up with Taemin and Onew. We walked together in the shopping mall. We even bought friendship bracelets. Time sure flies when I'm having fun.

 

FROM: Key

Ha Neul. We have to go to the airport now. I've took your luggage. 

 

TO: Key

Give me 30 more minutes. 

 

FROM: Key

Okay.

 

We walked back home. Jonghyun and I went back to our home. 

"Jonghyun ah. I'm going out." I said.

"To where? We've just return. I'll follow you." Jonghyun said.

"I'm just gonna take a walk. I'll be fine alone." I said.

"Ah.. Arraseo. Don't return so late~" Jonghyun said.

 

I opened the door and looked at my house and Jonghyun for the one last time. Who knows when I would return. Might be a year or never. I slowly walked towards Jonghyun.

 

"Wae? Have you forgotten something?" Jonghyun asked.

I hugged him tightly.

"H-Ha Neul? Wae?" Jonghyun asked.

"Nothing." I said as I slowly released him. 

"Yah. You're acting weird." Jonghyun said.

"I'm leaving now. Take care." I said.

"Nae. Be back quick. I'll miss you~ Hehe." Jonghyun said while smiling.

"Arraseo." I said and walked out. 

 

I did the same towards Onew and Taemin. I went to their house and hugged them and leave. With the reason : I'm gonna go for a walk in the park. They were confused. I slowly walked towards a cab that Key had called for me. 

 

Jonghyun's POV

Why is Ha Neul acting weird? She's just gonna take a walk. I took a shower after Ha Neul left. I walked pass her room and saw that her door wasn't locked. I went in her room. Her closet was opened. I went over to her closet to close it but I found it empty. 

"Where are all her clothes?" I asked myself.

I walked towards her bed and saw a letter there. It wrote there : 

TO: Pabo flirt

 

I opened the letter and saw Ha Neul's handwriting.

 

Pabo flirt. Mianhae. I'm leaving. I don't know when I would be back. Maybe a year, 3 years, 5 years or never. Mianhae that I didn't tell you or anyone about this. I know you well. You would follow me to New York. You can continue to live in this house. I've told umma. Don't mess up my house, ARRASEO? By the time you read this letter, I might be on the plane. I don't know. I can't predict the time you read this. Oh. And my reply to you. I like you too. I didn't know when I liked you too. Might be when you confessed to me. Or when you started to live in my house. I know, I'm a pabo. Answering you when I'm leaving. Don't wait for me. I don't think grandmother would allow me to return. I just wanted you to know. Taemin and Onew didn't know that I'm leaving too. Tell them I'm sorry.

Annyeong, pabo flirt. 

 

-Ha Neul-

 

 

She.. left?