Chapter 27

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

For some reason, I felt a lot better after talking to Jonghyun yesterday. That flirt.. Why did I even bother to tell him? Aish.. I don't care anymore! I changed into my uniform and went down. Jonghyun was no where to be seen. I quickly left the house and closed it. I walked to school until I heard Onew calling me.

"Ha Neul!" said Onew as he chased up to me.

"Let's walk together!" said Onew happily.

I nodded. Should I tell Onew? If I had told Jonghyun, I should tell Onew. Somehow he's my boyfriend. 

"Ha Neul? What are you thinking so deeply?" asked Onew.

"Onew. I'll tell you something after school." I said.

He nodded as we continue to walk to school in silence. I went straight to my class and sat on my seat. The classes started as usual. 

 

Soon, it was lunch. 

"Ha Neul! Are you okay already?" asked Taemin.

I nodded. 

"Mianhae. I told Jonghyun. I was worried about you." said Taemin.

I walked out of the class alone. I didn't want to speak to anyone. I want to be alone. I walked around the school and I ended up being in the rooftop again. No one was there. Perfect. I sat down and stare blindly at the sky. 

"Ha Neul.. My name means the sky. Maybe thats why I loved staring the sky." I said to myself. 

As I was staring the sky, I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw Jonghyun. 

"Yah. Why didn't you wait for me this morning?" asked Jonghyun.

I stood up and walked past him. Jonghyun held my wrist.

"Are you leaving?" asked Jonghyun suddenly. 

I don't know the answer to that question. I received an email from appa this morning. He said grandmother knows I'm in Korea. It will only take a few days for her to find me. I don't have much time. I released my wrist from Jonghyun and walked out. As I was walking along the corridors, I heard footsteps behind me. That pabo flirt must have followed me. I couldn't be bothered. I need some time for me alone. And I didn't want to talk to anyone. I ignored him. 

 

Soon, the footsteps got faster. I didn't care them. I continued walking until I felt someone hugging me from the back. A pair of arms on my waist. I stood there, shocked. I didn't know what to do until I heard a voice.

"Don't leave." 

That voice.. It's not that pabo flirt's voice. It's.. Onew.

"Jonghyun told me everything. Please don't leave" said Onew. 

If I don't leave, grandmother would find me and no matter how we have to separate. If I leave, I could buy more time for Hyun Hee unnie. And.. knowing grandmother's personality, she would find every single ways to break Onew and me. She might even harm Onew or his family. I can't allow that to happen.

"Onew. I'll meet you after school." I said as I released myself from Onew. 

I walked back to my class and lied on the table. Tears were forming but I held them in. 

 

School ended pretty quick. I went to Onew's class and saw him packing his things with a sad face. Mianhae Onew. Onew saw me and quickly took his bag and ran out to me. We walked out of school.

"Onew.." I started.

"Mianhae. Find another girl better than me." I said to him.

"Ha Neul.. You're really leaving?" asked Onew.

"Yes. Mianhae." I said.

"Why? Your grandmother didn't find you yet! She might not find you until your sister gets to learn how to manage the company!" said Onew.

Of course. He didn't know that my grandmother knows I'm in Korea. I didn't tell anyone. 

"It's better to be safe." I said.

"So you're sacrificing me?! So that your grandmother wouldn't find you and you get to buy some time for your sister?! Am I not worth it for you to stay?!" said Onew with a sad face. 

"Nae. Buying more time for my sister is my first priority. You can always find other girls." I lied to him. 

"After all those times we're together.. I can't even ask you to stay when your grandmother hasn't find you yet?" said Onew.

"As I said, it's better to be safe. Just forget about me." I said.

"I will! After the times we're together, you can't even be with me although your grandmother hasn't find you! You're just sacrificing me!" said Onew and ran off. 

Mianhae.. It's better for you to hate me. In this way, grandmother can't do anything to you since you are nothing to me. I'm not even worth to be yours at the first. It was a mistake. Mianhae. 

 

I walked around the park. It was around 9 p.m. I didn't bother to go home. As I was walking around, the lights suddenly gone out. I looked around the houses nearby. It was dark. The electricity must have gone out. Suits my mood perfectly. I walked home slowly. My house was totally dark.

"Why that pabo Jonghyun can't on the lights? Seems that the electricity in my house is also out then." I said to myself. 

"Wait. If the electricity is out.." 

I quickly looked at my watch. It shows 9.30 p.m. Jonghyun finishes his work in 8 p.m. I quickly ran towards my house and opened the door. I saw Jonghyun sitting on the floor with tears on his face. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

"Mianhae. Mianhae. Mianhae. It's all my fault." I said.

He cried even harder. 

"Mianhae. Mianhae." I repeated again and again.

I took my phone in my pocket. I wanted to use my phone as a torchlight. But, my phone ran out of battery. Great timing, phone. 

"Jonghyun. Erm.. Can you release me? I'll find a torchlight" I said.

He shooked his head. Aish.. How can you ask him to release you after you had left him alone in the dark for half an hour! You pabo Ha Neul! 

"Jonghyun.. I'll hold your hand tight as I find the torchlight. Deal?" I said.

He released me and held my hands tight. I stood up and started finding a torchlight while holding his hand. Luck wasn't by my side. I couldn't find any torchlight. 

 

"Er.. Jonghyun. I can't find the torchlight. My phone ran out of battery. Seems that we have to stay in the dark for some time." I said. 

He instantly knelt down and sat on the floor again. 

"You'll be beside me right?" asked Jonghyun.

I nodded. He can't even see. Pabo. 

"Nae." I answered.

"Ha Neul. Sit with me" said Jonghyun.

I sat beside him as he still held my hand tightly. Silence.. Awkward.. 

"Jonghyun." I called out.

"Hmm?" said Jonghyun.

"I'm leaving soon. I'll ask umma to let you stay here. Don't worry." I said.

"Wae?!" asked Jonghyun.

Although I can't see him, I can feel that he's facing me. 

"Grandmother knows I'm in Korea. It wouldn't take long for her to find where am I." I said.

"So.. You must leave?" Jonghyun asked.

"Nae." I said.

"Can I leave with you?" asked Jonghyun.

"M-Mwo?!" I asked, shocked. 

Why would he leave with me?! 

 

"I don't have any family members here. It doesn't matter much if I leave." said Jonghyun.

"But.. I can't bring you in my trouble." I said.

"As long as I can be together with the person I love, I wouldn't care." said Jonghyun.

That pabo. Teasing me again.

All of the sudden, the lights were suddenly on. Jonghyun was staring at me as I stared at him. I released his hand and quickly ran up. Since the lights are back, he won't have any problems right?