Chapter 22

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

Holiday is over! Andwaeee! I have to attend school again. Sigh. I got up and changed into my uniform and tied up my hair. I took my bag and went down. I saw Jonghyun wearing his uniform too. He was eating sandwich. 

"Good morning~ Want some?" asked Jonghyun while giving me a sandwich.

"Ani. I don't want." I replied as I walked out.

As I was about to close the door, Jonghyun stopped me. 

"Yah. Let's go to school together." said Jonghyun.

"Lock the door then." I said. 

Oh yeah. I gave Jonghyun the keys to my house. He's living here. He need those keys. I walked ahead of him as he was locking the door. 

"Ha Neul! Wait!!" Jonghyun shouted. 

I continued to walk as he chased up. 

"Yah. Why didn't you wait for me?" asked Jonghyun as he's holding my wrist. 

"Why must I wait for you?" I said while releasing my wrist. 

"Meanie." said Jonghyun while pouting. 

I ignored him and walked until I heard Onew calling me.

 

"Ha Neul!"

I turned around and saw Onew running towards me and Jonghyun.

"Annyeong Ha Neul, Jonghyun." said Onew. 

"Annyeong hyung!" said Jonghyun.

"Annyeong." I said. 

"Let's go to school together." said Jonghyun.

I continued walking with Onew and Jonghyun beside me. We reached the school. Everyone was staring at us. Of course. I'm with a famous flirt in the school and also every girl's dreamboy. 

 

I heard all of the girls talking when I passed them.

"Isn't that Park Ha Neul? Why is she with Jonghyun oppa and Onew oppa?"

"Ishh... I hate that Park Ha Neul so much."

"Who she thinks she is?"

"She's so ugly!" 

"Yah. You got any problem with it?" I asked those girls. 

They quickly turned away. 

"Ooh. Ha Neul's getting angry. Whenever Ha Neul's angry, she looks the most cool." said Jonghyun.

I ignored Jonghyun's words and walked to my class. 

"Annyeong Ha Neul. I'll see you during lunch!" said Onew while leaving.

"Me too. Annyeong!" said Jonghyun. 

I went in my class and took my seat. I placed my bag on the table and looked out at the window.

 

"Ha Neul!"

I turned around and saw Taemin looking at me. 

"I missed you! It's been a week!" said Taemin while messing up my hair.

"Y-Yah!" 

Taemin just laughed and sat beside me. Soon, the teacher came in and started teaching. I took out my books and listened through the classes. Soon, lunch time is here. I walked out of my class. Most of the girls were staring at me as if they wanted me to die with their laser eyes. I ignored those eyes and pulled Taemin together to the cafeteria. Taemin's my only friend in my class. No. He's my only friend to be exact. We took the lunch box and sat on a table in the cafeteria. Most of the girls were still staring at me and whispering.

 

"Ha Neul. What happened? Why are they staring at you?" asked Taemin while drinking his banana milk.

"This morning I came to school with Onew and Jonghyun." I said while eating my lunch.

"Mwo?! Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung?!" asked Taemin.

I nodded. 

"That's why they're staring at you like that." said Taemin.

"Taemin ah. Mianhae. I have to go now." I said to Taemin as I stood up.

"Wae? You're not done eating too." asked Taemin.

"I'm full already. Mianhae." I said as I walked away. 

 

I lied. I wasn't full. I was a little hungry but I didn't care. Those girls were glaring at me. Aish.. I walked around the hallways until I found a door. I opened the door and saw it was leading towards the rooftop. I went to the rooftop. It was windy. 

"Perfect." I said to myself. 

I sat down and looked at the sky. It was so peaceful. I stayed there for a long time until I heard footsteps. 

 

"Yah. I was finding for you." 

"Mian. Those glares from your fangirls could kill me. Kim Jonghyun." I said. 

"Can't blame me. I'm famous." said Jonghyun while flipping his hair. 

I ignored him and continued looking at the sky. Jonghyun sat beside me. I suddenly remembered something when I saw Jonghyun sitting beside me. 

"Where's Onew? I forgotten to tell him I would be here." I asked Jonghyun.

"I saw him in the cafeteria just now finding for someone. Maybe he was finding for you." said Jonghyun.

"Aish.." I said as I stood up.

"Where are you going?" asked Jonghyun.

"I'm going to find Onew. He must be worried that he couldn't find me." I said as I left Jonghyun. 

 

I ran to the cafeteria. Onew was nowhere to be seen. I went to the library. He wasn't there too. Field? I ran to the field. Nope. He's not here. I walked aimlessly as I didn't know where Onew might be. I ended up in the garden. I remembered everything. Jonghyun once asked me to be his girlfriend here. He was a total flirt. I didn't even know him. I walked around the garden while enjoying the flowers until I heard someone singing. I walked towards the voice. It was Onew. Why is he alone? I walked over to him. He didn't notice me. He was too into singing. I stood behind him while he was singing. As he reached the end of the song, he turned around. 

 

"H-Ha Neul?!" said Onew, shocked. 

"Mianhae. I didn't tell you that I couldn't be in the cafeteria for lunch." I said. 

"It's okay. Where were you?" asked Onew. 

"I was..." 

 

I didn't know why. I wanted the rooftop to be my personal place. I didn't want anyone to be there.

"I was walking around." I lied. 

Onew nodded. I felt bad for lying to him. Suddenly, Onew had an idea. 

"Ha Neul. Can you attend my party tomorrow night?" asked Onew. 

"Party?" I asked.

"Nae. Tomorrow is my birthday. The party's at my house. So that it would be easier for you to attend." said Onew while blushing. 

"Okay." I said.

"Mwo?" asked Onew. 

"I said okay. I'll attend." 

"Gomawo!" said Onew while running away. 

Soon, he's gone. Weird. Definitely weird. The bell rang and I went back to my class. In few hours time, it was time to go home! 

"Ha Neul. Are you going to Onew's party tomorrow?" asked Taemin while packing his bag. 

"Yeah. You?" I asked.

"Of course I'm going! Most of the girls in our school will be going too. Onew hyung's their dreamboy. Even Jonghyun hyung is going." said Taemin. 

I nodded and took my bag. 

"I'll be leaving first. See you tomorrow." I said to Taemin. 

Taemin waved at me as I walked out. I walked to the gate and saw Jonghyun with few girls. Flirt. I walked pass him until he held my wrist. 

"Let's go home together." said Jonghyun. 

"It's okay. You're busy." I said as I pushed away his hand and leave him alone. 

 

I went to the mall instead of home. I wanted to buy a present for Onew. 

"Hmm.. What can be the best present for Onew?" I asked myself. 

 

I walked around until I found a suitable present. It was a pure white crystal. It was a little transparent. It has the shape of an apple. It looks more like a heart though. If there weren't a stem above it, I would have thought it was a heart. I went in the shop and bought it. I walked happily home. I opened the door and went up to my room. I changed my clothes and started wrapping the crystal. I wanted to wrap it by myself. It would be more special. After wrapping, I put it in a bag. I put the present in my bag. 

"I'm giving this to him tomorrow morning." I said to myself while smiling.