Chapter 16

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

It's the last day. Onew will leave tomorrow. Sigh. Seems that I still can't get over Onew. I laid on my bed and looked at the ceiling. 

"Ha Neul. Are you awake?" said Onew while opening my room door. 

I quickly closed my eyes and pretended that I was asleep. I don't know why am I pretending to sleep. 

Onew went in my room and stand beside me when I was 'sleeping' .

"I wanted to talk to you. Seems that you're asleep. I'll tell you after you wake up." said Onew while he slightly touch my cheek.

After Onew left, I quickly sat up.

"Wh-Why did he do that?" I asked myself. Didn't he say that he doesn't like me? Why did he do that then? AHHH! 

I changed my clothes and went down. I wanted to know what Onew wants to say. Surprisingly, I found Jonghyun in the kitchen. 

"Ohh. Good morning Ha Neul~ I'm cooking breakfast." said Jonghyun.

I went and sat on the sofa and the tv. As I was watching the tv, Onew came down. I wanted to ask him what he wanted to tell me but I couldn't. I was 'sleeping' when he told me that he would be telling me something. 

"Morning Ha Neul" said Onew while sitting beside me.

"Morning." I replied. 

"Yah~ Food is done! Onew hyung, Ha Neul~" said Jonghyun.

Oh.. I had forgotten. Onew and Jonghyun are friends. Or maybe best friends. Who knows. 

"Nae~" said Onew while standing up.

I followed Onew from behind and went to the dining table.

After the breakfast, I went and washed the dishes. As I was washing, Onew came to me.

"Ha Neul ah. Do you have some time later? I would like to go out with you." said Onew.

"O-Okay.." I replied. Since it's his last day, I couldn't reject him. And I had nothing to do at home too. 

After I had done with the dishes, I went up to my room and changed to a white shorts and a grey long-sleeved shirt. I tied up my hair into a ponytail.

"Ha Neul. Are you done?" asked Onew while knocking on my door.

"Nae." I said while opening the door.

"Let's go then. I told Jonghyun we'll be gone for a while."

We left the house without Jonghyun. Onew brought me to a park beside the lake. We sat on a bench while enjoying the scenery of the lake. 

"Ha Neul." said Onew. 

I turned around to face him. He looked serious. 

"I.. I- I like you, Ha Neul!" said Onew while looking at me.

I was too shocked to say anything. 

"I really like you, Ha Neul! C-Can you be my girlfriend?" said Onew.

"B-But.. You said you didn't like me the other day.." I replied.

Onew looked at me weirdly.

"The day when I found Jonghyun. You borrowed my phone and called someone. I heard it.." I said while looking at the floor.

"The day where you left without telling me?" asked Onew.

I nodded. Onew smiled.

"Ha Neul ah. You didn't hear till the end. It's true that I said I didn't like you. I even said you weren't my type. After hearing that, you must have stopped listening right?" asked Onew.

I nodded.

"After you stopped listening, I said something else. I said : It's true that Ha Neul isn't my type. But she's an exception. Ha Neul's the only girl that made me not like her. Instead, love her." 

I looked at Onew blankly.

"I said that after you left. I'm not lying." said Onew.

Is he telling the truth? I don't know. What should I do? I do like Onew, but --

My thoughts were cut off by Onew.

"Believe me Ha Neul. I really said that." said Onew while holding my hand.

I nodded without looking at him.

"So.. Will you be my girlfriend?" asked Onew.

Well.. I do like him though. I nodded shyly.

"Ha Neul? You will?" asked Onew again. 

Aish.. Must he ask twice? I nodded again while looking at him. His serious face was gone. His bright smile is back. 

"Gomawo Ha Neul ah!" said Onew while hugging me tightly. 

I smiled and hugged him back. I felt a little different feeling.. What's that feeling?