Chapter 28

A New Start

Ha Neul's POV

I woke up after worrying and thinking the whole night about what Jonghyun said. Pabo flirt. I changed into my uniform and grabbed my bag. I slowly walked down to see if Jonghyun was there. 

"Great. He's not here." I said to myself. 

"Who's not here?" 

I frozed up and slowly turned around. I saw that pabo flirt standing behind me. 

"Morning." He said.

I quickly walked out of the house as that pabo flirt followed me behind. We walked to school in silence. Awkward.. 

"I'm serious." Jonghyun said.

"What?" I asked.

"About yesterday." Jonghyun said as he looked at me.

"W-what about yesterday?" I asked, acting innocent.

"You know what I mean. The part where I said I would lea-"

"We've reached! I'm going in my class! Bye!" I said hurriedly and ran in my class.

Dangerous. Kim Jonghyun is extremely dangerous. Stay away from him. 

"Ha Neul~~~" 

"I SAID I'M GOING IN MY CLASS!" I shouted.

I turned around and saw Taemin, shocked. 

"Ah.. Mianhae Taemin. I thought you were that pabo flirt." I said.

"I thought I did something wrong." said Taemin, relieved.

 

I walked to the cafeteria alone. It was lunch. As I walked along the corridors, I saw Onew. I turned around and ran away. I couldn't face him. I ran to the rooftop. 

"Forget about lunch." I said to myself. 

I sat down and stare at the sky again. It was peaceful until my stomach decided to interrupt. It started growling.

"Aish. Shhh!" I said.

My stomach seems to disagree with me. It started growling louder. 

"Fine, fine. I'll go to the cafeteria and grab some food." I said. 

 

As I walked to the cafeteria, the bell rang. Great timing, bell. Forget about eating. I need to go back to class. I walked to class and sat on my seat. Classes are boring and I was hungry. As soon as school ended, I ran out of school. I wanted to buy some biscuits or anything to fill my tummy. When I ran out, I saw Jonghyun. 

"Annyeong Ha Neul~! I'm going to work. Bye~" said Jonghyun.

Right.. He works in a cafe. I can go to there and eat! Nono.. What if he brings up the 'thing' about yesterday? NONO. I ran to a store and bought biscuits. I went to a playground and sat on a bench.

"Finally. Time to eat." I said. 

As soon as I tear the wrapper, I heard a boy crying. I turned around and saw a little boy crying. I went to him.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"I can't find umma.." said the little boy.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Jaewon." said the little boy.

I bring him to the bench and sat beside him. He was staring at my untouched biscuits. I noticed him staring at it.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

He nodded. I gave him the biscuits and he started eating it. Biscuits gone. Sigh. 

"Jaewon!"

"Umma!" said Jaewon and quickly ran to her.

I stood up and bowed to her. 

"Umma! Noona gave me biscuits!" said Jaewon.

"Gomawo." said his umma.

"It's fine. Annyeong Jaewon. I'll see you some other day. Don't get lost again!" I said as I patted his head. 

"Nae~! When I'm elder, I would marry noona!" said Jaewon. 

I smiled at him. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I said to his umma. 

 

I decided to go home. As I was walking, my stomach starts to hurt. 

"Ughh... Gastric.." I said to myself. 

I walked even faster. Until I saw Onew standing at his house gate. He saw me. I ignored him and held my pain. Soon, my knees were weak. No.. Just that tiny more and I could reach home.. I slowed down as my vision was blurred. Soon, my vision was totally gone. I guess I fainted. 

 

Onew's POV

I saw Ha Neul walking back home. She's willing to sacrifice me although her grandmother didn't find her yet. I'm still angry at her. I was about to go in until I heard a sound. I turned around and saw Ha Neul lying on the floor.

"Ha Neul!" I said as I ran to her. 

I quickly carried her to my house. My parents were not around. I put her on the couch.

"Ha Neul!!" I called out. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? Pabo! I should have taken her to the hospital! I quickly carried her and put her in my car. I drove to a nearby hospital. 

 

Ha Neul's POV

I woke up and saw white ceiling. I'm not in my room or my house. My house has blue ceiling as my room has light yellow ceiling.

"Where... am I?" I asked myself. 

"You're in hospital. You fainted." 

I turned to the left and saw Onew. 

"Fainted..?" I asked.

"Yes. You pabo. Why didn't you eat anything?" asked Onew.

Eat..? Right.. I didn't eat anything the whole day. 

"Mianhae." I said.

"No more next time." said Onew.

I nodded. Onew passed me some biscuits.

"Eat this." said Onew.

I ate them up as Onew looked at me. 

"Sleep then. I'll see you tomorrow." said Onew as he left. 

 

I closed my eyes and slept peacefully until I felt someone poking my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw Jonghyun's face extremely near to mine.