The truth

Unexpected love (Editing grammar ^^)

 

Chapter 73

 

“Hana.... are you ok?...” he saw that his phone was still in your hand. He took the phone and answered.

“Hello?” He said.

“Simon!.. yah! Why aren't you answering... I said Inati collapsed... he's at the Hospital... don't tell Hana anything...” Simon looked at you and you were still frozen in your spot with wide eyes.

 

Simon hung up the phone and walked towards you.

“Let's go...” you managed to utter as you put your shoes on. Simon nodded and put his shoes on too. You didn't say anything as Simon drove to the hospital, but he would steal glances at you every now and then. He tried to read your expression but you just had a blank face. For some reason he worried more then he would have if you would at least cry or show some emotion.

 

Both of you walked quickly and asked for Inati, the nurse told you the way and you walked in front of the emergency room and found Daniel sitting on a chair with his head down.

“What happened?..” you asked and Daniel looked up slowly with wide eyes.

“Hana....” he mumbled and looked at Simon questioning why you were here.

“What did the Dr. say Daniel?” you asked through clenched teeth. You were pissed that he told Simon not to tell you, but it wasn't time for that. Knowing Inati's condition was your priority now.

Daniel stood up and sighed.

“The Dr hasn't came out ….” he said and you exhaled. You sat in the waiting chairs in front of the E.R. When Jisu, Youngwon and Jia came.

 

“He'll be fine....” Simon rubbed your back and you nodded trying hard not to cry. He's ok...Hana... Inati is fine.. you tried convincing yourself. 10 minutes passed and the Dr came out with furrowed eye brows.

His Aplastic anemia has gotten worse....” the Dr started and you furrowed your eyes in confusion.

Aplastic anemia?” you asked confused as your heart started to beat quickly.

“Yes.. and He needs to have a Bone marrow transplant now... or he won't make it..” The Dr informed you all and you felt like your heart stopped. Tears started pouring out of your eyes and everyone else felt as bad as you did.

 

“When he didn't listen to me.. and kept postponing the surgery.... I spoke to you all and told you to convince him to have it as soon as possible....” The Dr sighed as he faced the others. He spoke to them?.. they knew about this? You looked at them and they all had their eyes on you with guilty expressions.

“You.. all... knew?..” you asked in disbelief as tears blurred your vision. Daniel looked down and Jisu had a sympathetic look. Jia avoided your eyes and Simon took a step towards you.

“Hana....” He held his hand out but you took a step back while glaring at them.

“You all knew about Inati and didn't tell me.... am I not his sister?... I should be the first to know..” you said angrily and Youngwon looked at you sadly before he spoke.

“Hana... Inati didn-” He started but you cut him off.

“Inati didn't want me to know and told you guys not to tell... Don't give me that bull ....” you glared at them. And they weren't surprised at your words.

“No matter what he says, you should have told me..... he's my only brother....just know.. if anything happens to Inati … I will never forgive you guys....” you said pissed. They can see the anger and sadness on your face and voice. They have never seen you this pissed and serious and they started to worry.

You faced the Dr. and furrowed your eyebrows.

“You said he needs a bone marrow transplant right?..” you asked and the Dr nodded.

“Yes... we found a donor for him a while back.... but he wouldn't get the surgery at that time.... so it was used for someone else.... and there isn't a bone marrow donor that matches him right now....” The Dr sighed and you started to shake.

“What about me?... can you test to see if I will be a match?...” you asked so scared of losing your brother.

“Yes .. come with me... we'll get your blood tested...” The Dr said and you nodded as you followed him.

“Hana..” Simon called out shocked with you. You turned around and faced him. He understood how you felt very well, You wanted to do everything to help your brother and he was with you. But you made the decision on your own without talking it out with them, or at least asked for their opinions.

“If I match him... i'm doing the transplant...” you said and walked away. Simon ran his fingers through his hair and Daniel sighed.

 

“I knew she would be upset.... but.....” Jisu started.

“It's ok.... she'll come back to her senses and know that it was for the best...” Youngwon comforted Jisu.

“But... she looks like she isn't going to forgive us easily... and I don't blame her... It's her brother after all....” Jisu said as a tear fell from his eye.

 

The nurse took blood from you and you waited in your seat until she was finished. She put a band aid on your arm and you stood up.

“Since it's urgent... the results will be out in half an hour...” The nurse informed you and you nodded. You walked back to the waiting room to find everyone sitting looking worried. You didn't want to talk to anyone so you turned around to leave but stopped when someone grabbed your arm.

“Let's talk...” you heard Simon gently say.

“I don't want to...” you replied and started to walk but Simon held your arm.

“Please.... listen to what we have to say.... if your still mad after wards... I'll leave you alone...” He pleaded softly and you sighed. You walked to the waiting room and sat on a chair as everyone looked up at you. Jisu sat next to you and held your hand but you brought your hand on to your lap away from his touch. He felt like someone stuck a million needles in his heart at your little action.

 

“You have 30 minutes... until the results are out..” you said with a poker face and Simon exhaled deeply as he thought of words to say. He sat next to you and faced you as the others watched.

 

“You know why I came to Yongdok right?..” Simon asked and you nodded.

“You planned on moving because of the whole Victoria incident and Inati wanted to help you so he insisted that you come here..” you answered and Simon nodded.

 

“Yea... but that's not the only reason...” he said and you faced him, curious with what he said.

“Inati informed me that i'll be living with him ...and as for work... I'll have a job at the auto shop … I declined at first because I didn't want to burden him... but I agreed after he said he needed my help ….” Simon played with his fingers nervously and you furrowed your eyebrows waiting for him to continue.

“At first he didn't tell me what he needed help with... he just said he needed me to be here... and to work with him at the auto shop... I agreed because it was the least thing I can do...” Simon made eye contact with Daniel before continuing.

 

“When Inati fainted at the auto shop.. That was when i found out why Inati wanted me here and why he needed my help.. the Dr informed us that he has Aplastic anemia .. and his body wasn't making enough blood and that he needed a bone marrow transplant....” Simon looked at you sadly as tears poured out of your eyes.

“He wouldn't get the transplant because there was a chance- ….” Simon hesitated in finishing and you didn't want to hear what he had to say either because you were too scared.

 

“There was a chance that the transplant wouldn't succeed and he wouldn't wake up ...” Daniel finished and walked towards you. He knelt on his knees and held your hand as you cried.

“He didn't want to take the chance... he needed more time … he wanted to make sure you had a great future before he does something risky... you know your dad left a debt and Inati wanted to pay it all off before he did the transplant....” Daniel soothed your hand.

“The Dr told him he didn't have much time... but Inati insisted.... so the Dr informed him that the only thing he can do for that time being. is to get blood transfusions weekly... he had to do them at various hospitals... and that's why he would be gone often...” Daniel finished and you wiped your tears. You were so angry with your self. How can you not know your own brother was in pain. You noticed he was gone more often, but it never crossed your mind that he was this ill.

 

“He saved money for years.... and I gave him all my earnings from work.... the debt should be paid by now..” you said through sobs.

“Inati didn't use your money....” This time it was Youngwon's turn to speak.

“He put all of your earned money in a savings account... for you...” He finished and tears started pouring again as you sobbed. Jia sat next to you and gave you a hug. You were so hurt and scared. You didn't want to loose your brother who cared and loved you more then himself.

“It's ok... he's strong.. he wouldn't leave you ….” Jia tried to comfort you. A tear fell from Simon's eye as he saw you crying sadly. Never has he felt this upset and hurt by just watching someone in pain.

 

“The results are out...” You all heard the nurse say as she entered. You looked up as you wiped your tears and stood up.

“Your a match and you can do the bone marrow transplant...” The nurse smiled and you sighed in relief. You were so happy but still felt uneasy because there was still a chance it wouldn't succeed. Simon was relieved but also scared for you. He looked at you and you both made eye contact for a bit.

“Hana.. are you sure?..” Simon asked.

“Of course...” you said sternly. He faced you and gave you a tight hug. You were still mad at him but you didn't want to ruin the moment.

 

“You can do this....” he encouraged you and nodded relieved that you had everyone with you. They entered the room with you and you changed into a hospital gown in the bathroom.

“Are you ready?.. the procedure will not take longer then 40 minutes... ” The Dr said and you nodded as you laid down on the bed.

“We'll be waiting for you … be strong...” Youngwon said and everyone nodded. Jisu gave you a peck on your forehead and left with Youngwon. Jia touched your face and smiled.

“Just know that Inati loves you very much and he will be fine ..” she said. Daniel didn't have the guts to speak. He bent down to meet your face and gave you a tight hug and walked away with Jia. Now it was just you and Simon. He walked towards you and held your hand.

 

“I know your mad at me... and probably don't want to see my face right now.... but you will understand soon.... just know that I love you and I always will....” he smiled and you nodded. He hugged you tightly and let go after a couple of seconds.

“I'll be waiting for you …. I love you...” he gave you a kiss on the lips. Although it was simple and short, it still made your heart flutter.  

 

(I know you guys are thinking.. *She said it was going to end soon..... she's been saying that for the past 30 chapters*   lol...but bare with me ... what do guys think?.. answered some of your questions.... i honestly think the next chapter will be the last... if not.. then thenext haha.. love you guys and again thanks for commenting!! and i love my subbers and readers!! ^^