Insane

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Jace’s POV

I received a call one night from Haneul telling me that Loki is gone. That was all she said before she started crying. We cried with each other over the phone for almost an hour. How is it that such an angel is gone? He is only six and he has never done anything to harm anyone. Throughout his six years of life, he brought happiness to people. Why is it so unfair? Why does he not get a chance to live?

I flew back immediately with Haneul’s family only to find out that the funeral was over. Perhaps they were too sad to tell anyone about it, besides, it is not an everyday thing that one loses their child in an accident like that.

 “Where’s Haneul? Ji Eun? Tae Hyun?” I asked, staring at the tired looking boys in front of me.

“They left. Or rather, Haneul took them and left.” Seungho said.

“Left? What do you mean by left?” I asked.

“Haneul… She pretty much put the blame of Loki’s death on Junhyung. She believes that it was Junhyung’s fault that Loki died.” He said.

“Haneul wouldn’t do that.” I muttered to myself.

Haneul may be a reckless freak, but she is not that unreasonable.

“Well, she did. And not only that, she wrecked Junhyung by leaving him the exact same way his family did.” Doojoon said angrily.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“Find that woman and bring her back, if you’re sorry.” He said.

“Where’s Junhyung? Is he here?” I asked.

“Upstairs. Loki’s room.” Mir said.

“Can I see him?” I asked.

“Sure. But he… is a little strange right now.” Hyunseung said.

I was unsure of what he meant by strange, but in any case, I had to see Junhyung. They let me go upstairs alone.

“Junhyung, it’s me, Jace. May I come in?” I asked as I knocked on the door.

No response.

I repeated myself again but got back silence as an answer. So, I let myself in.

“Junhyung.” I called out, shaking his shoulder lightly.

He opened his eyes and stared at me blankly.

“Baby boy, I’m here.” I said, calling him by his pet name after so long.

He sat up and looked at me, as if not recognizing me.

“Don’t you remember me? I’m Jace.” I said.

“Of course I remember you. Did you think that you could be forgotten so easily?” He replied.

I laughed and ruffled his hair.

“Baby boy, I’m so sorry.” I said, pulling him into my embrace.

“For what?” He asked, pulling away from me.

“Huh?” I looked at him.

“What are you sorry for?” He asked.

“I… Erm… Loki..?” I said.

“Ahhh~ Loki~” He said, smiling at the soft toy in his hand.

“Are you alright?” I asked, worried.

He smiled and nodded.

“Junhyung!” I grabbed him, forcing him to look at me.

“What is it!?” He yelled back.

“I know you’re going through an extremely hard time. Don’t keep it to yourself. We’re all here for you.” I said.

“Can that bring Loki back to life?” He asked, looking sick out of a sudden.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“Why do you keep apologizing!? It’s not your fault! You didn’t kill Loki! I DID!!” He yelled.

“I killed my son. I let him die. I promised to protect him but I didn’t. I failed him. I failed Haneul, Ji Eun and Tae Hyun. I am a murderer.” He said, tears staining his cheeks.

“I killed Loki. I am a murderer.” He sat at a corner, facing the wall and kept on repeating.

Seungho and the rest were behind me, staring at Junhyung in shock.

“Only the person who labeled him as a murderer could help him now.” I muttered.

Minji’s POV

Junhyung’s condition was like a Viking ship gone mad. It was as if he had split personality. He might be himself this minute, but become aggressive or quiet the next minute. He changed so frequently that we were on our guard almost 24/7.

Jace moved into their house to take care of him. The Beast boys went over daily to help look over Junhyung so Jace could rest. I spend most of my time in the day with Minki over at their place too. The only person that Junhyung has not snapped at yet is Minki. Perhaps because she reminded him of his kids, and they were the only ones who could calm him when even Haneul could not.

While I was there, I spend my time talking to Jace, figuring out where Haneul might go to if she wanted to hide.

“She may seem like a city-like person, but she actually doesn’t like the city very much.” Jace said.

“Then what does she like?” I asked.

“Secluded places. Beaches that are out of sight. That girl is a little bit insane.” He said.

“So you think she would hide in places like that?” I asked.

“I am not sure, but one thing I am sure is that when that girl is upset, she seeks high ground.” He said.

“High ground? Rooftops?” I asked.

“Perhaps even mountains.” He said.

***
“Lucky~” I poked Seungho.

“Hmmm?” He hummed as he admire his daughter sleep.

“I want to go find Haneul.” I said.

His head snapped up and he stared at me with widened eyes. I bit my lower lip, feeling a little bit scared. He kissed Minki on her forehead before grabbing my hand and dragging me out.

“What did you say?” He spoke in a hushed but firm voice.

“I said, I want to go find Haneul.” I repeated, holding my confident front but in actual fact I was shaking like a leaf inside.

It scares me every time Seungho’s leader image appears. He does not think he is fierce but how many people he actually scared off with his death glare he sure does not know.

“Do you know where she is?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“And what? You intend to wander off in the wild to search for her?” He asked.

I nodded.

“You’re being as insane as she is.” He hissed.

If not because Minki was asleep, he would have yelled so loudly the next street might hear us.

“Then what are we going to do? Wait for her to realize what she has done and come back on her own? It has been a week, Seungho. Look at Junhyung.” I tried to reason.

“You’re not seeking my permission, are you? You are just informing me that you’re going to embark on an insane search all by yourself to look for an insane person.” He said.

“Apparently, yes.” I said.

“Then what else is there to say? You’ve decided anyway. Whether I say yes or no makes no difference at all.” He said.

“I respect you, that’s why I am telling you. I could go without telling you.” I said.

“Then just go!” He glared at me.

I glared back at him. I hated it when he yelled like that.

“And then perhaps I can fully understand how broken Junhyung is.” He pouted.

But he knew exactly how to win his game with me. Seungho and his stupid puppy face.

“Aish! Don’t pout in the middle of an argument!” I stomped my foot.

He laughed and hugged me.

“That’s because I don’t want to argue with you, Minji ah~” He said.

***
"When will you be back?" Seungho asked.

"I don't know. When I find her." I said as I checked my stuff.

"Can't you just... call or something?" He asked.

I turned to look at him. He did not bother to hide the fact he was upset. 

"Lucky, I'll come back, okay?" I said, circling my arms around his neck.

He sighed and looked down.

"I'm just worried, okay? I don't like the idea of you going off alone." He said.

"You know I'll come back. Besides, this is the least I, or rather, we, can do." I said.

"I get it, I get it." He muttered.

"Be good." I said, tipping toes to kiss him on the tip of his nose.

I walked over to Junhyung who was sitting next to the window, staring outside, clutching onto a soft toy tightly in his hand.

"Junhyung," I called out, squatting down in front of him. 

He turned to look at me with no expression on his face.

"I'll be back, and I'll bring her with me, okay?" I said.

He smiled at me, and then turned back to the window, his expression back to the same one as before.

I sighed and squeezed his shoulder lightly.

"Be careful, Minji ah~" Doojoon said, smiling tiredly at me.

"You guys take good care of him and yourselves, okay?" I said.

"We would. Please let us know you're okay too." Hyunseung said.

I turned back to Seungho who was frowning. 

"Smile, Lucky~" I said, poking the corner of his lips.

The others chuckled at the nickname.

"It's not funny!" Seungho tried to look angry, but ended up smiling anyway.

“If you don’t return soon enough, you see that side of the window?” He asked, pointing.

I nodded.

“I’ll be sitting there.” He said.

“Sitting there and poking your tummy fat like a panda?” I .

“I have abs now!” He got frustrated.

“I know, I know.” I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Ummaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!” Minki called out.

“Yes, love?” I asked, picking her up.

She spoke a string of gibberish while Seungho smiled like the proud father he was.

“Don’t bully Deedee, understand?” I said.

She laughed cheekily and turned to Seungho as thou saying ‘I wouldn’t bully you, in your dreams.’.

“My princess is a good girl~” Seungho said, carrying Minki.

“You’re just so obsessed with her that you become blind.” I mumbled.

He shrugged his shoulders and grinned.

“Good luck and keep in contact.” Jace said.

I nodded and hugged them goodbye.

I will miss them so much, but Haneul I will find you.