Heaven

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Junhyung’s POV

 “Haneul ah~” I called out softly as I let myself into the room we used to share.

She glared at me like how she always did ever since Loki’s death.

“I thought I said never to call me so intimately except in front of the kids?” She said in a cold voice.

“Haneul.” I corrected myself.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Dinner is ready.” I said.

“Then eat.” She said, looking down onto her lap where a photo of her and Loki lie.

I shut the door and made my way towards her. Her tears had flooded the sides of the photo frame.

“Haneul, I…” I tried to say something, but I could not seem to get the words right.

“Go away.” She said, wiping her tears.

I tried to hug her, but she shoved me away.

“GO AWAY!!!!!” She screamed into my face.

“Can we go through this together?” I asked.

“Together?” She asked, her eyes narrowed.

“You murdered my son, and you are asking me if we could go through this together? Really, Yong Junhyung?” She said.

I bit the inside of my mouth hard as I tried to not let what she just said affect me. She is angry and upset, that is why she is saying things like that. She does not actually mean it.

But… I am a murderer, aren’t I?

***
I opened my eyes to find myself on Loki’s bed, hugging his pillow. I must have fallen asleep here again. It has been a week since my little boy passed on but this room, this house still holds his presence so strongly.

“I’m so sorry, my angel.” I muttered, pressing his pillow close against my chest as I allowed myself to cry.

It is my fault that my little boy died. If not for my carelessness, if I did not doze off, none of this would have happened. Loki would have an amazing life ahead, but I cut it short.

“Daddy~” A soft voice called out.

I looked up tiredly. Jieun stood at the door, looking as upset as everyone else in the house was.

“Sweetheart.” I choked out.

She ran over and hugged me.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart.” I said.

She shook her head and looked up with teary eyes.

I forced out a smile at her.

“I miss him, Daddy.” She said.

“Me too.” I mumbled as I wiped her tears away.

I pulled her to sit on my lap. We remained silent as she played with my fingers and I rest my chin on top of her head.

“What happens when someone dies?” She asked out of a sudden.

“I don’t know about others, but I believe in heaven.” I said.

“Is it a beautiful place?” She asked.

“I believe so.” I said.

“Would Loki be there?” She asked.

Would Loki be there?

“Of course he would.” I said.

“Of course he would. He is an angel.” She said.

“Yea. He is an angel.” I muttered.

“He’ll be waiting for us there, would he?” She asked.

I nodded.

But Jieun ah, Daddy would not be going to heaven with the rest of you, because heaven is for beautiful people. Daddy is not one of them. Daddy is a murderer.