Getting better?

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Haneul’s POV

Junhyung calmed down a lot since taking he started taking the medication and going for weekly counseling two months ago. The boys noticed the obvious change in him and they were glad with his progress. There are still days in which he would hide himself in Loki’s room, but at least he was not aggressive.

“Are you getting along well?” Minji asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“It’s like… a wound that would never heal. Losing Loki. You know what I mean?” I said.

Come to think of it, it has been months since Loki died, but it still felt like it all happened only yesterday.

She nodded, looking at me apologetically.

“But I’m coping with it. It’s painful, no doubt, and it’s going to hurt for life, but for the kids, for Junhyung, I’ll go on.” I said.

“Maybe you want to go for counseling too.” She mumbled.

I laughed, smacking her thigh.

“I’m okay. Really. There are days I wish when I open my eyes he would jump out of the toilet or something to scare me, and then he’ll pout and say something like he was just playing hide and seek with me, but I never found him, so he came out on his own. But I know it’s not possible.” I said, looking away.

“You know what’s charming about Loki, even thou he is just a baby?” She said.

I looked at her, curious.

“There’s just something about his smile and laughter that is very attractive. I guess he got that from you and Junhyung combine. It’s like double combo, his cheerfulness. He is the kind in which… even if he wakes you up at 2AM and all he does is grin at you, you wouldn’t have it in you to yell at him.” She said.

“You know what?” I said, laughing.

“What?” She asked.

“He did that before.” I laughed.

/FLASHBACK

“DAAAADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Someone yelled.

I shot up, so did Junhyung. We stared at each other in shock.

“Who is that?” He asked.

“Sounds like Loki.” I said, looking at the clock.

It was 3AM.

“Is he having a nightmare or something?” Junhyung asked as he hurried out of bed.

“DAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Loki yelled again.

“YES, BABY!!! I’M COMING!!!” Junhyung ran, almost tripping over the blanket.

“Be careful!” I shouted, getting out of bed as well.

“AHHH!!” I heard Junhyung shout as soon as he opened the door, and then he tripped over something and fell forward. Thankfully, the wall was there to hold his fall.

“What’s wrong!?” I hurried towards him.

Loki was sitting outside our door, grinning at us.

“What is it, baby? Did you have a nightmare?” Junhyung asked worriedly.

I glared at Loki. I could tell it was all a prank just by looking at his face. I am sure Junhyung could too, but he just did not have the heart to scold that naughty boy.

Loki pouted and nodded at Junhyung. Junhyung turned to me, as thou asking me what should we do.

“Is the nightmare scary?” I asked.

“IT’S VERY SCARY!!!” He pouted excessively.

Junhyung carried the boy and settled him on his lap.

“Tell me about it.” I said.

“Nooooo!! It’s scary!” He buried his face into Junhyung’s chest.

“Alright, alright~” Junhyung hushed him.

“You got to tell us, or else we cannot help you.” I said.

“Noooooooooooo~” He whined.

“Don’t force him, Lionny.” Junhyung said, taking his side.

“There’s no nightmare, am I right?” I asked.

Loki did not look up. He continued snuggling his face into Junhyung’s chest.

“Yong Baby, tell me the truth.” I said.

He pouted at me.

 “Baby ah, you cannot lie.” Junhyung said.

“I WAS LONELY!” He sighed.

I rolled my eyes, laughing at his expression.

“Lonely? It’s 3AM. You should be asleep. What are you doing awake?” I asked.

“I told you I was lonely!!” He whined.

“You were supposed to be asleep. How can you be lonely when you’re asleep?” I asked.

“I don’t know! My eyes just opened on its own, and then I felt lonely!” He said.

“Still, you didn’t have to yell. You shocked us, you know?” Junhyung said, kissing his son.

“Go back to your room and sleep. Just because you don’t have school tomorrow doesn’t mean Daddy don't have to go to work.” I said, trying to pull him away from Junhyung.

“Noooooooooo!! Daddy is mine!!!” He hugged Junhyung’s neck tightly, more like strangling him.

“Ahh ahhh~ Can’t breathe!!” Junhyung whined.

“Loki~” I frowned.

“I said I’m lonely!!” He pouted at Junhyung.

Junhyung laughed and kissed him on his lips.

“Then what can we do to make you not lonely anymore?” He asked.

He lied down into Junhyung’s arms and grinned at him.

“Loki ah~ Can you be naughty in the morning?” I asked.

“I’m not being naughty!” He pouted.

Junhyung carried him up like how he would carry a newborn and walked him around the house. I watch from upstairs as Junhyung ‘baby-ed’ that boy.

‘Sleep first.’ Junhyung mouthed to me.

I went back into our room but did not fall asleep. I thought back at how at first Junhyung seemed so scared of children. He never wanted to be anywhere near them, neither did they want to be near him, perhaps because of his gaze.

When he knew about Ji Eun and Tae Hyun, at first I had no idea if he tried getting close to them to please me or because he genuinely wanted to, but as time passed, I am sure he genuinely wanted to love them. When Loki came along, I thought he would struggle to show all three of them equal love but instead he did a fantastic job. Like how they say that every woman has this motherly aspect inside them by nature, I think Junhyung is a father by nature.

I looked over when the door opened. Loki was still in his arms, but he was fast asleep, clutching onto Junhyung’s shirt.

“Why didn’t you put him back in his room?” I asked.

“Didn’t want him to wake up crying.” He said, putting him down gently on our bed.

“Hurrrr~” Loki grabbed onto his shirt tighter.

“Shhhh~ Daddy’s here~” He whispered as he hugged his son.

I thought he would try putting Loki down, but instead he let Loki sleep on him for the whole night while he remained in a straight position perhaps afraid that any movement would wake him up or flung him off the bed by accident.

Junhyung hardly slept that night and he woke up with an aching back, but he was all smile just by seeing Loki well rested and giggling.

“You spoil them so bad.” I said.

“Are you jealous?” He asked.

“Oh. Very.” I said.

“I can let you sleep on my chest too!” He grabbed me and we both fell onto the bed, me on top of him. He circled his arms around me tightly, not letting me move.

“Yah~ I still need to make breakfast.” I said, but secretly I was enjoying being so close to him.

“Let’s stay like this for awhile.” He said, eyes closed, a smile plastered on his face.

“APPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” I think it was Ji Eun who shouted for him.

“Yes, baby!?” He let go of me instantly.

“I thought we were going to stay like that for awhile!?” I pouted.

“But…” He looked lost.

“APPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!” Ji Eun shouted again.

“Yes, baby!! Give me a minute!” He shouted back.

“I’M STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed.

“STUCK!? WHERE!?” He yelled, running out, ignoring me totally. I ran out as well hearing that she got stuck.

“Where are you!?” Junhyung shouted.

“Here!!” Ji Eun yelled back. She was in her room.

“Where are you stuck!?” Junhyung asked worriedly as he crashed into her room.

“On my bed.” She grinned, both arms stretched out, asking for Junhyung to carry her.

“Yah! Little prankster!” He tried to be angry, but failed totally.

‘Tonight~’ He mouthed and winked at me as he carried Ji Eun out.

But that night, just as I thought we could cuddle, he had ‘appa duties’ to fulfill again. It was Tae Hyun this time. He called for Junhyung, and then said nothing but pouted. Junhyung stayed with him for the whole night, not even getting frustrated once.  Not that I was jealous of my kids, but I want my husband too.

/END OF FLASHBACK

Minji was a laughing mess.

“What so funny!?” I smacked her arm.

“You’re jealous!” She pointed at me, laughing.

“Who’s jealous?” A voice from behind asked.

I turned to see Seungho strolling towards us.

“Oh, you’re here!” Minji squealed.

“Stop acting like a crazy fangirl.” I said.

“Like you’re not.” She said, grinning at Seungho.

“I don’t look at Junhyung like that, neither would I look at Seungho like that.” I said.

“Of course you wouldn’t look at Junhyung like that. Most of the time when you see him, your eyes are closed.” She said, sinking into Seungho’s arms.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Both of you are always kissing! Unless you kiss with your eyes open~” She mumbled the last sentence.

“YAH!!!” I yelled.

Just as Seungho was about to peck her on her cheek, a small hand covered his mouth, preventing him from doing so.

“Deedee!” Minki jumped out from behind.

“Hey, my princess!” He said excitedly as he carried her to sit on his lap.

“Why are you so sweaty? Where did you go? I didn’t see you when I came in.” He said.

“Let’s go playyyyyy!!” She dragged him.

“Minki, Daddy just came. Let him sit down first.” Minji said, obviously upset she did not get her kiss.

“Noooooo!! Deedee, pweaseeeeeeeee!!” Minki pouted.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go.” He said, letting his daughter drag him along.

“I guess we’re in the same position.” I .

“Rawrr!” She bared her teeth at me.

“Omo!” I pretended to be scared.

We watch as Minki made Seungho play on a toddler size slide. He looked like a giant invading Barbie’s house or something like that.

“I hope he doesn’t break that thing.” I said.

“I hope he doesn’t fall off the slide and break his bone.” Minji said, looking worried.

“Yah, Minki ah! Don’t make Daddy go up that thing!” Minji yelled.

“BUT WE’RE PLAYING!!!!!!!!!” Minki pouted.

“It’s fine!!” Seungho yelled back.

“You just got your sling off a few days ago! Have you forgotten the pain already!? Just because your sling is off doesn’t mean your collarbone is completely healed! Do you think you’re still 15!? Where else do you want to break? Your neck this time? Are you planning on breaking all your bones at least once!?” Minji scolded.

I laughed as Minji screamed at Seungho and Seungho pouted like a little boy. Fortunately, the café we were in was empty at that time, or else it would be embarrassing. Minki smacked Seungho’s in anger. He looked at me for help. I walked over, carrying Minki up.

“Minki ah, do you remember when your Deedee was injured and in pain. He could not play with you or carry you. Did you like it?” I asked.

She shook her head.

“Did you like it when he came back and was able to throw you in the air?” I asked.

She grinned and nodded.

“If you want your Deedee to continue being able to play with you like that, you got to take care of him. Why not you play on the slide and your Deedee catch you from below? Isn’t it more fun that way? You can have fun, so can he without getting hurt.” I tried to reason.

She turned to Seungho, and then stretched her arms out. Before I could hand her to him, she jumped into his embrace. He yelped a little, perhaps because of the sudden impact to his injury, but the smile never left his face.

“Let it go.” I whispered to Minji before she could yell at her.

“I’m just worried. This fellow has no idea how painful it is for me to see him come home with a new injury every time. It is like he is bringing home some pets he adopted.” She grumbled.

“I understand you.” I smiled.

“Aish!!” She threw herself onto the sofa.

I laughed at her action.

“What are you laughing at?” She pouted.

“Your actions remind me so much of Seungho. Especially that ‘aish’!” I laughed.

“Yah! Stop laughing!” She warned, but she was laughing as well.

***
“Going home?” She asked.

“Yea.” I said.

“But I thought you said Junhyung would be home late?” She asked.

“Yea, he would.” I said.

“We’ll have dinner together then we’ll send you home.” She said.

“I can manage on my own.” I laughed.

“But…” She pouted.

“I’ve stuff to work on at home. Don’t worry! I’m okay!” I assured her.

“Are you leaving?” Seungho asked.

Minki was clinging to his leg like a koala bear.

“What are you doing, little girl?” Minji asked.

“I’m a bear~” She said, smacking Seungho’s , causing him to jump in shock.

“See you guys soon~” I laughed.

“Wait up, we’ll send you back.” He said.

“Nah~ I have to go get some stuff for work, and then I’ll head home.” I said.

He looked at Minji, who shrugged her shoulders.

“Alright then. If you couldn’t get a cab back or if you’re tired, give us a call and we’ll pick you up.” He said.

“Alright. Have fun~” I smiled.

“See you, princess.” I said, kissing Minki on her cheek.

She hugged and kissed me. Her actions reminding me so much of Loki.

“Be well.” Minji said, hugging me.

I laughed and bid them goodbye before leaving.

I grabbed whatever I needed and bought takeaway for dinner. On my way home, I texted Junhyung to ask if he has eaten and how he was doing.

“Thanks.” I paid for the cab fare and struggled with my stuff before getting out.

I had no idea why I was not smart enough to put my things down before I opened the door, perhaps I thought I was an octopus for a moment. I let myself into the house and walked in to put down everything without turning on the lights since I had no free hand to do so.

“Ahh damn~” I cursed under my breath when I tripped over something.

I put everything onto the coffee table and went to turn on the lights to see what I tripped over. I almost screamed when the lights went on.

Junhyung was lying on the floor, looking out of the world.

“JUNRORO!!! WHAT’S WRONG!?” I shook him.

He did not respond to me.

“JUNRORO!!!” I shook him even harder, afraid that he might have passed out due to his cramps or he fell sick without my knowledge. Then again, he did not feel sick.

He opened his eyes slowly, and then grinned at me.

“What’s wrong!?” I asked, trying to help him up, but he was not using any strength at all. He kept giggling, I had no idea why.

I looked around and my eyes caught sight of something that broke my heart totally. There was a used syringe lying on the floor near him, as well as a lighter, a spoon and an empty zip lock bag stained with white powdery substance.

He was not sick or in pain. He was stoned.

***
tumblrm9nmzayxxs1qzx1oa.gifJunhyung despite the fact his kids bullying him

tumblrluwgowbtof1qikw9k.gifWhen a hand covered Seungho's mouth, preventing him from kissing Minji

tumblrluwgowbtof1qikw9k.gifMinki: Deedee!