Controlling

Our World (Sequel to I'm Different)

Haneul’s POV

I arrived in the kitchen, expecting to see Junhyung already there like usual, but the kitchen was empty. I put my stuff down before going to his room to check on him. I smiled to myself when I saw him asleep in a sitting position. He must have tried to wake up, but ended up dozing off again.

“Junroro, lie down.” I whispered as I tried to help him lie down.

“Hmm~” He hummed as he rested his cheek on my shoulder, sleeping soundly.

“Aigoo~ Like a baby~” I said to myself as I put him down gently.

I sat down beside him, watching him sleep. I miss this so much. It may sound a little creepy but I enjoy watching him sleep because he looks so peaceful and oblivious to the world. It is like only when he is asleep can he really be calm. Watching him sleep makes me feel calm too so sometimes I would deliberately sleep later than him just so that I can watch him. I poked his nose and giggled to myself when he wiggled his nose because of the ticklish feeling.

“How can you be cuter than your kids?” I poked his cheek.

“Sleep well.” I whispered before kissing him on his forehead.

I covered him properly with the blanket before leaving to go cook breakfast.

I jumped when the kitchen door swung open as I was cooking. I stared in shock at whoever came running in like that.

“I’m sorry! I swore I woke up! I don’t know what happened! I think I was dreaming! But I swear I woke up! I.. I..” I covered Junhyung’s mouth to stop him from blabbering.

“It’s okay. Calm down. What’s wrong?” I laughed, straightening his messy hair.

“I swore I woke up.” He muttered.

“It’s alright. I’m not angry or anything. I know you’re tired.” I said, pinching his cheeks.

He sighed and buried his face in his palms.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I circled my arms around his thin waist, pulling him closer to me.

“I slept the time we had together away.” He pouted.

I laughed aloud and flicked him on his forehead.

“Silly boy!” I said.

“Sit down. I’ll cook your breakfast.” I made him sit down.

When I came back with his food, he was still sulking.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Is this how you feel back then when we were dating?” He asked.

“Huh?” I asked, confused.

“Waiting for me. You always had to wait for me in the bookstore. We could only be together when no one else was around. You didn’t feel good, right? It’s tiring, isn’t it?” He said.

I smiled and ruffled his hair.

“Are you tired?” I asked.

“Yes. I want to tell all of them that you’re taken, that you’re mine. I don’t like it when they flirt with you or try to get close to you. I hate it even more when I have to pretend it’s nothing.” He said.

I laughed and cupped his cheeks.

“Aigoo~ Our Junroro is so upset to the point he is so cute.” I said.

“I’m being completely serious here.” He said.

“I know, I know.” I smiled.

“I’ll be okay. I just have to say it out. Now I’m fine. I’ll endure.” He said, poking on his food.

“Our Junroro is so understanding I have to kiss him.” I said, kissing him on his lips.

I could feel his lips curl up into a smile.

“But I don’t like the new guy. Don’t talk to him.” He said.

“He’s just being like everyone else.” I said.

 “No. Trust a guy’s feelings. He is not like everyone else. Everyone else is flirting because you’re oh my god so beautiful and gosh it’s been like forever since a female came, but that guy has an ulterior motive. I can feel it.” He said.

“You’re being too sensitive, Junroro.” I said.

He glared at me, and I knew it was his limit.

“Okay, okay. I’ll minimize talking to him.” I said.

“Minimize? No. Stop talking to him altogether.” He said.

“Alright, alright.” I said.

There was a new guy who came in last week. He was friendly with everyone, but I had no idea why Junhyung seem to hate him. He is charming in both words and actions but a little bit touchy thou I thought it was still acceptable.

***
I almost screamed when I felt someone poked my waist. I thought it was Junhyung, but it was not.

“You scared me.” I frowned.

“Sorry~” The new guy grinned.

I said nothing and continued walking.

“Hey! Are you angry?” He asked, jogging to catch up with me.

“No.” I said.

“You looked angry.” He said, poking my cheek.

“Don’t do that.” I said firmly.

“Aww~ You look cute.” He said.

I smiled awkwardly.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“To the office.” I said.

“Oh~” He muttered.

It felt a little strange when he kept following me.

“You.. where are you heading?” I asked.

“To the office too.” He said.

“For?” I asked.

“Just to walk you there.” He smiled.

“You really don’t have too.” I said.

“It’s fine.” He said.

“No. I’m serious.” I said.

“You don’t like it?” He asked.

“It’s not appropriate.” I said.

“That means you like it?” He asked.

I was a little taken aback, but I tried to hold it in.

“No.” I said firmly before walking off.

He did not follow me anymore, to my surprise.

I saw Junhyung looking at me from afar. His smile seemed forced when our eyes met. He sent me a flying kiss before walking off. Did he see everything? If he did, then why did he not react? Or was he trying to control himself like he promised?

***
“Skyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~” J called out.

“Yea?” I answered, looking up from my work.

He was alone.

“Nothing. Just happened to come in and see you here.” He said.

“Hi, Skye~” The new guy called out and winked at me before going off.

“What’s with that wink?” I heard J mutter.

“I don’t know.” I said.

“Do you have a thing with him?” He asked.

“WHAT!?” I yelled.

“That means no, right? Thank God.” He smiled.

“Why do you say so?” I asked.

“Why do I say so what? You having a thing with him, or thank God?” He asked.

“Both.” I said.

“Because you seem touchy with him, and thank God because he gives me the creeps.” He said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yea. There’s just something about his eyes that’s freaking me out. Like eww~ He’ll eat you whole. Stay away from him.” He said.

I nodded.

***
“Thanks.” The new guy said, touching my hand as he took the plate from me.

Junhyung was just standing behind him and I could see anger in his eyes. He was gripping onto the plate so tightly his knuckles were turning white.

“Hyung.. hyung.. It’s your turn.” Shin nudged him.

“What.. do you want?” I asked timidly, afraid of his expression.

“I’m not hungry.” He muttered as he put the plate down and walked off.

“Hyung!!” Shin yelled after him.

“What do you want?” I asked Shin, pretending that nothing was wrong.

As I served food to them, I glanced around to see if Junhyung was around. I saw him looking at me from a corner, but I quickly looked away to not make it obvious. When I looked over again, he was gone. He must be really mad this time.

“Is your… hyung… okay?” I asked J, trying to sound causal.

“I don’t know. He disappeared. He seemed a little moody these days. We don’t dare to ask what’s wrong. He looks like he’ll kill us if we asked any further. But I’m sure he’ll be fine.” J smiled.

“O.. okay.” I said.

For the whole day, I did not see Junhyung at all. After I was done with my work, I went to the kitchen to cook him something before going to look for him in his room.

“Oh !” I cursed when I saw the new guy standing at the door, smiling at me.

“What the hell are you doing here? It’s lights off.” I said, feeling angry.

“Nothing. Just couldn’t sleep. You’re still here? Cooking for who? Me?” He asked.

“No.” I said.

“Ouh~ That’s sad.” He said.

“Whatever. Go back to your room.” I said as I packed the food up.

“Where are you going?” He asked, following me.

“None of your concern. Seriously. Go away.” I got annoyed.

“Do you know how cute you look when you’re annoyed like that?” He grinned, pinching my cheek.

“Go away!” I shouted.

“Why?” He asked, chuckling as he closed up on me.

“Get lost.” I hissed.

“Why?” He asked again, his voice as thou mocking me.

I was about to say something when another voice beat me to it.

“Leave her alone.” A familiar voice said.

I turned to see Junhyung staring at us, his fists clenched tightly.

“Oh, hi Junhyung~” He smiled.

“Leave her alone.” Junhyung said again in a scary calm voice.

The new guy looked at him.

“I wouldn’t repeat myself.” Junhyung said.

“Alright. Calm down. Is he your boyfriend or something?” He asked.

“Go away.” I mumbled.

He patted me on my cheek before walking off. Junhyung was shooting laser glares at him as he walked away. The moment the new guy was out of sight, I ran towards Junhyung.

“Junhyung, I…” He cut me off before I could finish.

“Don’t.” He muttered.

He grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me to the office. He was gripping onto my wrist so tightly I thought he was going to cut off my blood circulation. He shoved everything of mine into my bag and then roughly pulled me to my car. He opened the door and pushed me into the driver’s seat before throwing my bag at me.

“Go home.” He said coldly.

“Junhyung, listen, I…” I tried to explain.

“I SAID GO HOME!!” He shouted before slamming the door into my face and then stomping off.

I sighed, but knowing not to say further. He was angry, but he was also trying to hold it in.

“But I cooked you supper.” I pouted to myself as I looked at the bag of food that was meant for him. 

***
tumblrlzp9j11h0e1qcjrb6.gifJunhyung: I’ll be okay. I just have to say it out. Now I’m fine. I’ll endure.

tumblrlr95ek4zwo1qmi4me.gifJunhyung: I wouldn't repeat myself.